X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • USC_Gamecock
    • Sep 2004

Red, White and Blue colored glasses ...

Are on and I'm happy about it. You fellas keep being negative -- but this is the best off-season Buffalo's had in over 20 years. The FO is making solid moves with a owner ready to spend, we have Rex Ryan leading the team -- things are looking up and up.

Serviceable QB and a TE/WR (Clay, Harvin, Watkins) combo that can make plays with the ball. Shady McCoy is elite -- defense will be top 2 ....

Time for Bills fans to climb out from under our rock and forget the dark ages -- this team's going to the playoffs.
  • Topas
    German smartass
    • Feb 2014

Re: Red, White and Blue colored glasses ...

I read these threads every year... Not holding my breath. But I hope you are right. God, I really do hope you are right.

Comment

• Swiper
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2010

The Bills are certainly working very hard to stay at 9-7 or better. We'll see how all these ingredients mesh at the end of summer.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I hope you are right also, but I disagree this has been a great off season so far (still have time though, and the draft, and late cuts) and that the defense will be top 2.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• El Guapo
          • May 2007

Originally posted by Topas View Post
          I read these threads every year... Not holding my breath. But I hope you are right. God, I really do hope you are right.
          I agree, but you have to admit, this year feels different.
          A Bills fan in Dixie. How did that happen?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by USC_Gamecock View Post
            Are on and I'm happy about it. You fellas keep being negative -- but this is the best off-season Buffalo's had in over 20 years. The FO is making solid moves with a owner ready to spend, we have Rex Ryan leading the team -- things are looking up and up.

Serviceable QB and a TE/WR (Clay, Harvin, Watkins) combo that can make plays with the ball. Shady McCoy is elite -- defense will be top 2 ....

Time for Bills fans to climb out from under our rock and forget the dark ages -- this team's going to the playoffs.
            I just couldn't agree more. We should absolutely be proud to be rooting for this team. Offseason winners by any measure. I'm so tired of people still complaining about this and that, we should have nothing to ***** about this offseason. Hell, if the Pegulas are willing to spend their money, who the hell are we to say they've spent too much on any player?

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
              I just couldn't agree more. We should absolutely be proud to be rooting for this team. Offseason winners by any measure. I'm so tired of people still complaining about this and that, we should have nothing to ***** about this offseason. Hell, if the Pegulas are willing to spend their money, who the hell are we to say they've spent too much on any player?
              Their money is irrelevant. However, the salary cap is not. Spending too much against the cap on certain players is problematic, especially next year when we have a lot of guys to re-sign.

This wreaks of what Pegula did with with the Sabres. He tried to buy a championship as soon as he took over and it blew up in his face.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• USC_Gamecock
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                Their money is irrelevant. However, the salary cap is not. Spending too much against the cap on certain players is problematic, especially next year when we have a lot of guys to re-sign.

This wreaks of what Pegula did with with the Sabres. He tried to buy a championship as soon as he took over and it blew up in his face.
                Have you done the math to see if we'll be in cap trouble? With the cap increases, and where we will be after this off-season -- I think we'll be in fine shape. People are finding reasons to nit-pick, even though there's nothing there.

It's like the comments about how awesome the Eagles are because they turned Shady into Kiko and Murray. Hell, if the Bills signed Murray and kept Kiko -- people would have *****ed that Murray had almost 400 carries last year, and that means he sucks now -- and that Kiko will never be back to his old self after knee surgery.

Bills fans are a pissed off bunch, and I understand that -- but the culture this off-season is unlike any since the mid-90's ...

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Don't confuse different with better.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Well, you are WRONG AGAIN Op.

MONEY is very relevant. As I posted in a different thread, the Pegula's have REAL MONEY & a LOT of it. That DOES MATTER.

The Raiders are Cash POOR. They have all kinds of cap room, but don't have MONEY in the bank to pay free agents.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't confuse different with better.
                    Different CAN be BETTER.

The same can be NO BETTER.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by better days View Post
                      Well, you are WRONG AGAIN Op.

MONEY is very relevant. As I posted in a different thread, the Pegula's have REAL MONEY & a LOT of it. That DOES MATTER.

The Raiders are Cash POOR. They have all kinds of cap room, but don't have MONEY in the bank to pay free agents.

- - - Updated - - -

Different CAN be BETTER.

The same can be NO BETTER.
                      wtf are you rambling about?

Miyagi said fans shouldn't care how much the Pegulas spend because it's their money and not ours. I agreed with that portion but said we need to care about the cap.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• USC_Gamecock
                        • Sep 2004

"Ralph was too cheap and the Pegulas spend too much" ... Says the fickle fan base. What's funny is its the same people arguing both things ....

This year is going to be special! Can't wait ....

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

wtf are you rambling about?

Miyagi said fans shouldn't care how much the Pegulas spend because it's their money and not ours. I agreed with that portion but said we need to care about the cap.
                          I guess you can't read even what YOU write.

You said their money is irrelevant.

That is just WRONG!

The Pegula's money is VERY RELEVANT.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by USC_Gamecock View Post
                            "Ralph was too cheap and the Pegulas spend too much" ... Says the fickle fan base. What's funny is its the same people arguing both things ....

This year is going to be special! Can't wait ....
                            I've always said that just spending money wasn't the answer- it has to be spent wisely. Loading up on skill positions without fixing the OL isn't wise at all.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BuffaloRedleg
                              • Aug 2013

My problem was last year they talked about "all-in" but peepeed around all season.

I really get the feeling they are actually all-in this year.

Some of their moves have been confusing, most of them have been good/great, and some of their non-moves are disconcerting.

They have had the opportunity to build the team they want and avoid they players they didn't want. Lingering too much on moves I don't like are not worth it to me, Rex obviously gets a season to win the way he thinks he can.

No excuses, it's playoffs or bust.

Comment

Working...
                              X