• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Skill Players In FA, OL In Draft

Off season looks good so far.

Started with the hiring of Rex. Then getting back Hughes and other solid role players

2 QB's, Harvin and McCoy. Clay may be coming. Never could have predicted that.

Only 3 good OL in FA, IMO. 2 signed with same team and the other wanted warm weather. No chance.

Draft has the OL numbers and that makes sense. I see a couple picks for the OL. Maybe a trade or a late cut but nothing out there now.

It's going in the right direction. Heck of a month of March.

Thank you Marrone for leaving.

Very encouraged for this upcoming season.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Skill Players In FA, OL In Draft

Not a real fan of the Rex hire, but what else can I do but live with it? I think that pushed the off season in the wrong direction from the start.

Agree, re-signing Hughes and a few role players is big, IMO the best moves of the off season so far. I'm really OK with trading off Kiko, also, although I would have tried to get somebody other than an expensive RB in return.

The Cassel deal is pretty meh, it's not like we gave much up for him, and he's at least as good as anybody we could have picked up without shuffling picks. Taylor doesn't excite me in the least, and Harvin needs to be a game-changer.

Obviously Whaley's philosophy is riverboat gambler on skill positions, patient and steady on home-growing an oline. Would have liked to grab somebody in addition to Incognito, but if that is Whaley's philosophy I'm OK with addressing the offensive trench in the draft, but we better have the coaching that can maximize everyone's potential.

Clay will be overpaid, regardless of what colors he's wearing. Poor use of resources, and that could be argued to apply to McCoy and Harvin also.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
      • Jun 2024

Re: Skill Players In FA, OL In Draft

Wiz is still out there for the OL.

Sign him and we can use the 2nd and 3rd round picks for OL or DL. Perhaps a LB.

Comment

Working...
      X