PDA

View Full Version : Brandon and overdorf

DesertFox24
03-19-2015, 06:15 PM
I will be the first to admit I wanted littman and overdorf gone but wanted to keep Brandon.

That said still glad littman is gone although he may have just been following orders but he also was a major factor in polian leaving so good riddance. Yes I am aware he pocketed some coin from sale.

Moving on I have to give overdorf credit as well as Brandon. We have done some things with the cap this year we would not have done last year. Yes we may pay in the future or have to cut popular players but status quo is not an option and I applaud them.

Kind of glad both stuck around and the pegulas are willing to make it rain.

OpIv37
03-19-2015, 06:42 PM
I will be the first to admit I wanted littman and overdorf gone but wanted to keep Brandon.

That said still glad littman is gone although he may have just been following orders but he also was a major factor in polian leaving so good riddance. Yes I am aware he pocketed some coin from sale.

Moving on I have to give overdorf credit as well as Brandon. We have done some things with the cap this year we would not have done last year. Yes we may pay in the future or have to cut popular players but status quo is not an option and I applaud them.

The reason we are doing things that we wouldn't have done last year isn't Brandon or Overdorf. It's Pegula. Ralph never would have let them spend like this.

What I like so far: they are no longer using money or "small market" as an excuse and we won't be going into the season with glaring holes and $20 million in cap space shoved into the owner's mattress.

What I don't like so far: a) the utter neglect of the OL and b) this wreaks of what Pegula did with the Sabres: leave the FO intact, open the purse strings and let them go wild. Long story short: The Sabres made some bad FA moves, struggled for a couple years, then finally had to break it down and start over. They are historically bad this year and are in the early stages of what will be a long rebuild.

Hopefully history doesn't repeat itself.

Historian
03-19-2015, 06:44 PM
Brandon is a **** tard.

Hes had nothing to do with any of this....other than head cheerleader at the PCs.

Night Train
03-19-2015, 06:47 PM
My understanding is Overdorf has been reduced to the accountant with zero say on whether to spend the $$. He no longer protects Ralphs interests. Brandon is marketing and is out of any football decisions.

This is all Whaley and Rex meeting with the Pegula's.

OpIv37
03-19-2015, 07:00 PM
And btw I still want a scorched earth policy.

Whaley gets a pass because he hasn't had a full off-season to himself yet. Everyone above him should be out on their asses. They should have been out on their asses back in January when it was bitter cold and there was 5 feet of snow.

justasportsfan
03-19-2015, 07:34 PM
Ya'll were wrong and all need to buy a Russ Brandon jersey especially Trapezeus

- - - Updated - - -

Ya'll were wrong and all need to buy a Russ Brandon jersey especially Trapezeus

DesertFox24
03-19-2015, 08:02 PM
I disagree the notion they have not looked at OL. They signed incognito and did draft three guys last year. Also our problem is guard and if you draft yhe right rookie guard they can be successful.

BertSquirtgum
03-19-2015, 08:26 PM

Brandon is gross. He sucks major league balls.

YardRat
03-19-2015, 09:07 PM
And btw I still want a scorched earth policy.

Whaley gets a pass because he hasn't had a full off-season to himself yet. Everyone above him should be out on their asses. They should have been out on their asses back in January when it was bitter cold and there was 5 feet of snow.

When you say 'himself' do you mean without Brandon and Littman?

DraftBoy
03-20-2015, 05:06 AM
As many said from before Pegula even formally owned the team there was never a legitimate reason to remove Brandon from the franchise. You remove him from a position of power within Football Ops where he was an absolute cluster and allow him to market, PR, and spin for the team where he's been very successful.

Overdorf is arguably one of the best cap guys in the business.

OpIv37
03-20-2015, 06:45 AM
When you say 'himself' do you mean without Brandon and Littman?

I mean without Nix.

Night Train
03-20-2015, 06:51 AM
Overdorf is arguably one of the best cap guys in the business.

I was told he didn't like the idea of offering Hughes his contract $ and was told to butt out. It was a wake up call for him and his boss/buddy Littman is no longer there.

DraftBoy
03-20-2015, 09:49 AM
I was told he didn't like the idea of offering Hughes his contract $ and was told to butt out. It was a wake up call for him and his boss/buddy Littman is no longer there.

Not liking it and being a reputable cap guy are two totally different things. If they are telling Overdorf to butt out of cap based decision making then I have a lot more questions about this team moving forward. It gives many of the people questioning some of this spending a much stronger foothold to stand on.

DesertFox24
03-20-2015, 09:58 AM
Not liking it and being a reputable cap guy are two totally different things. If they are telling Overdorf to butt out of cap based decision making then I have a lot more questions about this team moving forward. It gives many of the people questioning some of this spending a much stronger foothold to stand on.Hopefully it was more of look we need this guy so lets make it happen. JO structured the Clay deal to get him and as Rex said today he was their primary target. All that being said until we get average to above average QB play this is all for naught.

swiper
03-20-2015, 04:26 PM
My understanding is Overdorf has been reduced to the accountant with zero say on whether to spend the $$. He no longer protects Ralphs interests. Brandon is marketing and is out of any football decisions.

This is all Whaley and Rex meeting with the Pegula's.

Somebody is managing the cap. Who is it?

YardRat
03-20-2015, 05:14 PM
Somebody is managing the cap. Who is it?

Jennifer Garner.

lol...yeah...I wish.