PDA

View Full Version : Go UB Bulls!!!

HHURRICANE
03-20-2015, 04:09 AM
Being a fan of Buffalo let's root on UB this afternoon.

Very exciting to see them in the Tourney!

OpIv37
03-20-2015, 07:32 AM
Conflicted on this one. It would be nice to see UB win, but we do this "pick four teams randomly out of an envelope" pool at work, and one of my teams is WV. So my chances of winning go way down if Buffalo wins.

HHURRICANE
03-20-2015, 07:36 AM
I graduated from UB and I'll be cheering them on!!

ZAZusmc03
03-20-2015, 07:41 AM
I'll always support a Buffalo team. I hope they pull it off. I won't be watching though, D1 NCAA wrestling tournament started yesterday and I'm much more interested in that than I am basketball.

elltrain22
03-20-2015, 07:51 AM
Can't wait!! Go UB!!

Skooby
03-20-2015, 08:05 AM
UB alumni here as well, anybody rooting against this team for any reason needs to burn.

Topas
03-20-2015, 08:06 AM
I'll always support a Buffalo team. I hope they pull it off. I won't be watching though, D1 NCAA wrestling tournament started yesterday and I'm much more interested in that than I am basketball.

Is that wrestling like at Olympics or is that wrestling like the WWF crap. I guess the former, is it? At least I hope so.
Sorry, this might be a stupid question, but I am from Germany.

Skooby
03-20-2015, 08:12 AM
Is that wrestling like at Olympics or is that wrestling like the WWF crap. I guess the former, is it? At least I hope so.

Think this: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sgt._Slaughter

Dr. Lecter
03-20-2015, 08:18 AM
Conflicted on this one. It would be nice to see UB win, but we do this "pick four teams randomly out of an envelope" pool at work, and one of my teams is WV. So my chances of winning go way down if Buffalo wins.

Woo hoo!

you get to be miserable no matter what the outcome!!!!

Novacane
03-20-2015, 08:36 AM

I don't know about him but my college had WWF style wrestling.

whkfc
03-20-2015, 10:31 AM
UB alumni here as well, anybody rooting against this team for any reason needs to burn.

UB employee here and I got the day off so I will be watching

Mr. Miyagi
03-20-2015, 10:43 AM
There is no Div I NCAA WWE. Yes, real wrestling.

Mr. Miyagi
03-20-2015, 10:44 AM
Woo hoo!

you get to be miserable no matter what the outcome!!!!
Right up his alley.

Historian
03-20-2015, 11:41 AM
My sister and Father in Law went there.

Go UB!

whkfc
03-20-2015, 12:36 PM

My son wrestles for his high school. The work they put in is crazy. He practices all year round. During summer he will have football practice in the morning and wrestling in the afternoon. But anyway he was watching the NCAA wrestling last night.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-20-2015, 12:56 PM

Oh man that would be so hilarious.

"Brutus Buckeye is going off the top rope! Can the Demon Deacon hold on??? "

jimmifli
03-20-2015, 03:48 PM

That sucks for you guys. It's popular up in Canada. I was the lightweight interdorm champ my freshman year.

ZAZusmc03
03-21-2015, 02:31 PM
Its real wrestling, similar to the Olympics. In the US, we have folk style that is wrestled in high school and at college. The 2 styles you see in the Olympics are freestyle and greco-roman. But its the real stuff, not WWF stuff. Its great to watch, the NCAA finals are being aired 8pm ET on ESPN tonight.

ZAZusmc03
03-21-2015, 02:33 PM
My son wrestles for his high school. The work they put in is crazy. He practices all year round. During summer he will have football practice in the morning and wrestling in the afternoon. But anyway he was watching the NCAA wrestling last night.

I wrestled all growing up, and now help coach my high school's team. It's a shame there isn't more national interest and coverage in wrestling. It's an amazing sport and ridiculously exciting if you know what you're watching.

OpIv37
03-25-2015, 09:10 PM

If you're from Germany, why do you care about the Bills or Sabres? Don't get me wrong- we'll take any fan we can get. But I live just 400 miles from Buffalo and no one knows the first thing about hockey and occasionally people don't even recognize the Bills logo. I'm just surprised when I encounter people from so far away who know/care about Buffalo teams.

OpIv37
03-25-2015, 09:16 PM
I wrestled all growing up, and now help coach my high school's team. It's a shame there isn't more national interest and coverage in wrestling. It's an amazing sport and ridiculously exciting if you know what you're watching.

I've been training MMA for a while now- not as much as I used to because the place I train is far from where I live now.

I started watching UFC before I started training, and I basically wanted to see kickboxing matches that ended in a knockout. When it went to the canvas, it looked like two men hugging. But, now that I understand wrestling and jiu jitsu, it's made the sport much more interesting for me. And with the exception of Russia, other countries don't have the wrestling base that the US does, so it's a huge advantage for American MMA fighters (although not as much as it used to be now that fighters are more well-rounded).

When wrestling guys come in to our gym, they initially get their asses kicked because a) they know nothing about striking and b) a lot of wrestling instincts put you in bad positions for jiu jitsu submissions. But for the guys who stick with it, their wrestling is an excellent base. It helps them get guys to the ground and control them once it's there.