• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Our offense isn't going to look like anything we've seen before

This is going to be a little hard to describe but I'll do my best. Imagine a constant shift in direction when the ball is hiked, it's going to be very fluid in many instances which will force our O-line to move in different directions, offsetting different defensive situations. We will literally be making adjustments on nearly every series depending on our success to look for weaknesses. Blocking from the surrounding players (Clay) & movement is going to be one of the main keys, which leads me to believe the Tyrod has an advantage going into camp. Tyrod is going to move very quickly and find seams of protection that won't easily be available. Pocket passing is going to be limited to relatively quick slants and still involve all non-hot receiver's blocking.

LeSean is going to be all alone on the edge on most plays for nearly an assured 5-6 yards, unless the defense loads the box then he'll break formation for short-screens just past the line. Then opposing defenses will defend the short game, leaving intermediate routes wide-open for Harvin / Watkins / Woods. I actually see us getting major time of possession advantages based on all the mismatches.

If the special teams play anywhere near like last season, our average field position to start should increase probably about 10 yards more or so, which will help the defense out big-time. I'd expect that with our talent on defense, we will have a field day with this. Things have changed folks, soon to proven on the field. Enjoy.
  • BertSquirtgum
    Legendary Zoner
    • May 2009

Re: Our offense isn't going to look like anything we've seen before

No

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
      No
      Typical trailer park answer, why did we go get all this speed to slow down ?

Comment

• Strongman
        • Apr 2006

I think it's going to look a lot like this:

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          Legendary Zoner
          • May 2009

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
          Typical trailer park answer, why did we go get all this speed to slow down ?
          Typical overzealous prediction.....

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by BertSquirtgum View Post
            Typical overzealous prediction.....
            Yeah, McCoy is going to be our best back since Thurman and Clay will be our best TE for decades / Harvin is a monster and Watkins is incredibly gifted, yet we will remain near last on offense in the NFL. Good luck with that theory, it's way off base.

Comment

• Topas
              German smartass
              • Feb 2014

I just hope that our O does not look like:
              run for 2,
              run for 2,
              scramble for 2 or sack for -6 (depending on if the QB evades the first rusher)

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Topas View Post
                I just hope that our O does not look like:
                run for 2,
                run for 2,
                scramble for 2 or sack for -6 (depending on if the QB evades the first rusher)
                One thing I can guarantee after listening to Rex & Roman, we will not be able to call the play before it is run like we could in the past, especially the last two years.

I posted before, a 6 year old boy could tell you what the play would be before they ran it when Marrone was HC.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

If LeSean is on the edge for a guaranteed 5-6 yards EVERY SINGLE PLAY, I'll drive to your house and tongue your butthole.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                    If LeSean is on the edge for a guaranteed 5-6 yards EVERY SINGLE PLAY, I'll drive to your house and tongue your butthole.
                    Who said McCoy would be on the EDGE EVERY SINGLE PLAY?

Comment

• cookie G
                      • Mar 2003

Yeah, McCoy is going to be our best back since Thurman and Clay will be our best TE for decades / Harvin is a monster and Watkins is incredibly gifted, yet we will remain near last on offense in the NFL. Good luck with that theory, it's way off base.
                      More weaponry talk..it is becoming popular these days. There was a thread here yesterday, talking about the weaponry dispensing with the need for a decent QB. I saw elsewhere someone using the line.. "how are you going to cover everyone?".

Mmmhm..I'm a little more tempered in my enthusiasm.

Shades of 2009.

The Bills had just signed Lee Evans to a huge extension, when he was considered one of the best deep threats in the game;
                      Marshawn was coming off the first of his many Pro Bowl appearances;
                      FJ was showing himself to be a better RB than anyone realized;
                      We drafted a TE with 4.6 speed who looked to be a 4th round steal;
                      And joy of joys, we just signed TO, coming off 3 consecutive 1000+ yard, double digit TD seasons...and a far better WR than Percy Harvin has ever hoped to be;

And..the Bills were going to a high speed, no huddle offense.

"Trent has the weapons he needs now!"
                      "He doesn't have to be great, just chuck the ball in the general area of Lee and TO"
                      "Just think what Beastmode will do when Lee and TO are drawing off multiple defenders and creating all of this space?"

It worked out..um...well.

30th in the league in passing, 28th in the league in scoring.
                      TO sulking on the sideline;
                      Trent Edwards acquiring the nickname Captain Checkdown. But then, with all of these weapons, any QB could just chuck the ball in their general direction;
                      Beastmode fighting through 3 defenders in the backfield just to get back to the LOS;
                      2 talented rookies, Wood and Levitre, expected to do the job of 5 people on the OL. Taht was because, you know..with all of these weapons...basically anyone could block long enough to get Beastmode out of the backfield, or pass protect well enough for any QB to chuck the ball to Lee and TO.

Seen this before.

Let's hope it turns out a little better than 2009.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by better days View Post
                        Who said McCoy would be on the EDGE EVERY SINGLE PLAY?
                        Skooby did.

LeSean is going to be all alone on the edge on most plays for nearly an assured 5-6 yards

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

We didn't fix the OL so our O is going to look like the guy with the ball being flat on his back.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Buffalogic
                            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                            • Feb 2006

Our young linemen have to develop and contribute more effectively. It's our only hope to have a good offense.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Unless the oline and QB situation improve dramatically, the offense is going to look like the Lamborghini parked in the garage that doesn't go anywhere because we still can't find the keys.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X