PDA

View Full Version : DB's Bills Mock Draft v1.0

DraftBoy
03-22-2015, 07:47 AM
With the fast paced frenzy of Free Agency now subsiding it's time to reset the needs list and begin to look forward to the draft.

Based on our moves and scheme I'd say that we have the following needs:
QB - 1
OT - 1
OG - 1
OC - 1
DE - 2
NT - 1
Jack LB - 1
Sam LB - 1
ILB - 1
FS - 1
SS - 1

Here are the picks I would make if the draft was tomorrow.
Round 2 (50) - OG AJ Cann, South Carolina
The Top OG is a perfect fit for this team. Our biggest hole is arguably OG (after QB).

Round 3 (81) - SS Jaquiski Tartt, Stanford
Rex's scheme relies on an in the box SS who can run and hit. Tartt is the ideal fit who has some coverage ability as well.

Round 5 (147) - DE Ray Drew, UGA
Drew finally began to make plays and be effective as a Senior for UGA. He's got size, athleticism, and would be an ideal depth addition who could develop into a starter down the road.

Round 6 (172) - OLB Shaquille Riddick, West Virginia
Pass rush, pass rush, pass rush. Rex's scheme relies heavily on it and Riddick brings it in spades. He's quick off the edge and offers versatility in where he can line up.

Round 6 (178) - NT Ellis McCarthy, UCLA
McCarthy never started at UCLA, but he's mammoth NT who was a top tier prep prospect who showed he could occupy space and blockers at UCLA. He needs to be motivated and I have a feeling Rex Ryan is the ideal coach for that.

Round 7 (209) - OT Doniel Gambrell, Notre Dame (OH)
This is a sleeper pick, Gambrell was a D2football.com All-American and did a great job at the College Gridiron Showcase holding his own against a step up in talent. Gambrell is an athletic OT with long arms (82 inch wingspan). He'll need some work but he could be a nice steal after getting Henderson last year.

scartown
03-22-2015, 08:20 AM
I would love for Preston Smith to be there at 50 but I doubt he makes it there. Oline is almost a must with one of the first two picks.

YardRat
03-22-2015, 08:51 AM
I like the needs list, and the positions covered with the picks...kinda along the lines of the one I've been tinkering with albeit different specific players taken in different spots. I swapped in a TE for your safety, but with the signing of Clay and the possibility of another FA in the next couple of weeks, it would make complete sense to eschew that position in favor somebody in the secondary.

DraftBoy
03-22-2015, 09:43 AM
I would love for Preston Smith to be there at 50 but I doubt he makes it there. Oline is almost a must with one of the first two picks.

Agreed, and I think the position they go will tell you how they see Cyrus moving forward.

The Jokeman
03-22-2015, 11:18 AM
With the fast paced frenzy of Free Agency now subsiding it's time to reset the needs list and begin to look forward to the draft.

QB - 1
OT - 1
OG - 1
OC - 1
DE - 2
NT - 1
Jack LB - 1
Sam LB - 1
ILB - 1
FS - 1
SS - 1

The Top OG is a perfect fit for this team. Our biggest hole is arguably OG (after QB).

Rex's scheme relies on an in the box SS who can run and hit. Tartt is the ideal fit who has some coverage ability as well.

Drew finally began to make plays and be effective as a Senior for UGA. He's got size, athleticism, and would be an ideal depth addition who could develop into a starter down the road.

Pass rush, pass rush, pass rush. Rex's scheme relies heavily on it and Riddick brings it in spades. He's quick off the edge and offers versatility in where he can line up.

McCarthy never started at UCLA, but he's mammoth NT who was a top tier prep prospect who showed he could occupy space and blockers at UCLA. He needs to be motivated and I have a feeling Rex Ryan is the ideal coach for that.

This is a sleeper pick, Gambrell was a D2football.com All-American and did a great job at the College Gridiron Showcase holding his own against a step up in talent. Gambrell is an athletic OT with long arms (82 inch wingspan). He'll need some work but he could be a nice steal after getting Henderson last year.

Cann is ideal but I just don't see him lasting to pick 50. I agree he fits a need and the perfect fit for the offense. I think he ends up going much higher. Drew is another guy on my radar that I like. McCarthy's got the size to be NT but does he have the discipline/drive to be more than just a big body? We can hope but not sure. I think you did a good job finding players we could use but not sure we go so strong on defense.

YardRat
03-22-2015, 12:07 PM
I'm still hoping Cam Erving drops to us at 50, but he's been climbing the big boards since the end of the season so it's highly unlikely.

Night Train
03-22-2015, 02:52 PM
Good job.

Don't you think Aaron Williams is the SS ? He relishes coming up and making tackles near the LOS and plays well with everything in front of him. I'm thinking one of our other Safeties already here could be the FS. ( Rambo, Duke Williams, Meeks, Ladler ).

Guard or OT in Round 2 makes complete sense. I'm thinking G or OT in Round 3 also. Even a Center in addition on Saturday. ( Finney of K-State, Garcia of Florida, Mason of Georgia Tech )

SpikedLemonade
03-22-2015, 02:57 PM
Guard or OT in Round 2 makes complete sense. I'm thinking G or OT in Round 3 also. Even a Center in addition on Saturday. ( Finney of K-State, Garcia of Florida, Mason of Georgia Tech )

Exactly!!!

YardRat
03-22-2015, 03:03 PM
Good job.

Don't you think Aaron Williams is the SS ? He relishes coming up and making tackles near the LOS and plays well with everything in front of him. I'm thinking one of our other Safeties already here could be the FS. ( Rambo, Duke Williams, Meeks, Ladler ).

My most recent version has OT Humphries from Florida in the second, then jumping on C Finney in the third.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/227464-YardRat-s-way-too-early-off-season-V1-0?highlight=

DraftBoy
03-22-2015, 04:32 PM
Good job.

I sure hope not. Williams may relish making the tackles, but he's not really good at it. He takes poor angles, gets lost in traffic, and isn't really a hitter.

I think the focus of the draft is going to be defensive, the majority of the moves for the Bills thus far have been offensive. I think you address the OL in Round 2, and short of taking a QB in Round 3 or 4, the Bills will focus defensively.

- - - Updated - - -

My most recent version has OT Humphries from Florida in the second, then jumping on C Finney in the third.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/227464-YardRat-s-way-too-early-off-season-V1-0?highlight=

Wouldn't be opposed to that, if that means they have faith Cyrus can move inside and develop into something.

The Jokeman
03-22-2015, 05:31 PM
I sure hope not. Williams may relish making the tackles, but he's not really good at it. He takes poor angles, gets lost in traffic, and isn't really a hitter.

I think the focus of the draft is going to be defensive, the majority of the moves for the Bills thus far have been offensive. I think you address the OL in Round 2, and short of taking a QB in Round 3 or 4, the Bills will focus defensively.

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't be opposed to that, if that means they have faith Cyrus can move inside and develop into something.

I think we nab a TE somewhere in Rounds 5-7. As I can't see us with the current three Clay, Gray and Gragg as a final 53 group. Maybe a guy like Nick Boyle will warrant a pick.

DraftBoy
03-22-2015, 05:43 PM
I think we nab a TE somewhere in Rounds 5-7. As I can't see us with the current three Clay, Gray and Gragg as a final 53 group. Maybe a guy like Nick Boyle will warrant a pick.

I could see the argument if you're looking for a blocker to add to the group.

SpikedLemonade
03-22-2015, 05:53 PM

Sure why not but we better not waste a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a TE this year.

YardRat
03-22-2015, 06:02 PM
Sure why not but we better not waste a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a TE this year.

I think the Clay signing limits that possibility quite a bit.

SpikedLemonade
03-22-2015, 06:14 PM
I think the Clay signing limits that possibility quite a bit.

I agree but it makes me sick to read posts over the past number of years from posters wanting move TEs when we did not have a QB or system that could use one.

They think an elite TE from another team would still be elite if he was on the Bills current offense.

I would like out 2nd and 3rd round picks to both be used on the OL, but I would understand if one of those picks was used on the DL.

Whaley seems to be able to identify LB talent well so I hope he waits until later in the draft to get a LB.

As to Safety, let's see if we can pick up a cheap FA rather than another rookie who will contribute nothing in that position this year.

The Jokeman
03-22-2015, 06:47 PM
I agree but it makes me sick to read posts over the past number of years from posters wanting move TEs when we did not have a QB or system that could use one.

They think an elite TE from another team would still be elite if he was on the Bills current offense.

I would like out 2nd and 3rd round picks to both be used on the OL, but I would understand if one of those picks was used on the DL.

Whaley seems to be able to identify LB talent well so I hope he waits until later in the draft to get a LB.

As to Safety, let's see if we can pick up a cheap FA rather than another rookie who will contribute nothing in that position this year.

I've said for awhile that DeWan Landry makes perfect sense here, he won't cost a boatload of money and he knows Rex's system and an ideal mentor type for Duke Williams.

The Jokeman
03-22-2015, 06:48 PM
I could see the argument if you're looking for a blocker to add to the group.

One would think we have to if we really want to be a strong running team it make sense to have at least one blocking/traditional TE on the roster.

DraftBoy
03-22-2015, 06:50 PM
One would think we have to if we really want to be a strong running team it make sense to have at least one blocking/traditional TE on the roster.

Not necessarily. I'd bet we go with an unbalanced line or bring in another OT as an eligible TE.

DraftBoy
03-22-2015, 06:52 PM

Not sure there is a realistic veteran SS to add out there, maybe Landry?

SpikedLemonade
03-22-2015, 06:54 PM
Well, there are going to be many formations where we don't have a FB, 2 TEs or 3 WRs on the field despite what we have invested in those positions.

Where we must have at least 5 on the field -- the OL -- we don't seem as invested.

SpikedLemonade
03-22-2015, 06:56 PM
Not sure there is a realistic veteran SS to add out there, maybe Landry?

I don't think it is a need, but he would be the popular name.

Let's see what we already have on the roster.

An old slow SS really isn't a solution. The Texans found that out last year.

YardRat
03-22-2015, 07:05 PM

Still would like to see them bring in Miller.

SpikedLemonade
03-22-2015, 07:07 PM
Still would like to see them bring in Miller.

He was so good in Oakland.

Not so much in Seattle where the careers of WRs and TEs go to die.

The Jokeman
03-22-2015, 07:08 PM
Not necessarily. I'd bet we go with an unbalanced line or bring in another OT as an eligible TE.

Well our current 3rd OT (Chris Hairston) has been enjoying the sunny weather of San Diego and been no peep of us wanting to re-sign him and I'm not sure I'd trust Kujo in that role based on what we saw of him in the preseason, who do you think we should bring in?

DraftBoy
03-22-2015, 07:11 PM
I don't think it is a need, but he would be the popular name.

Let's see what we already have on the roster.

An old slow SS really isn't a solution. The Texans found that out last year.

The position isn't a need or the solution?

I don't see any player currently on the roster that fits what Ryan likes to do with his SS.

DraftBoy
03-22-2015, 07:12 PM
Well our current 3rd OT (Chris Hairston) has been enjoying the sunny weather of San Diego and been no peep of us wanting to re-sign him and I'm not sure I'd trust Kujo in that role based on what we saw of him in the preseason, who do you think we should bring in?

You could kick Chris Williams out there as well. He has OT experience and as long as he's not being asked to pass block anybody he could work as the 8th guy on the line.

SpikedLemonade
03-22-2015, 07:16 PM

I don't see any player currently on the roster that fits what Ryan likes to do with his SS.

Ryan can adapt no?

The Jokeman
03-22-2015, 07:17 PM
You could kick Chris Williams out there as well. He has OT experience and as long as he's not being asked to pass block anybody he could work as the 8th guy on the line.

Williams makes sense, btw what are your thoughts about Marcus Hardison with pick 50 if AJ is gone?

DraftBoy
03-22-2015, 07:18 PM
Ryan can adapt no?

Can he? Sure, but should he have to? You're asking a lot of two young ILB's (one of whom struggled badly in a 34 last time) to do a lot without any SS support in the box.

SpikedLemonade
03-22-2015, 07:18 PM

Chris Williams should be kicked alright.

He was a terrible signing.

SpikedLemonade
03-22-2015, 07:19 PM
Can he? Sure, but should he have to? You're asking a lot of two young ILB's (one of whom struggled badly in a 34 last time) to do a lot without any SS support in the box.

I sure don't want to use a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a SS this year and I doubt a late round pick should be starting this year as a SS.

DraftBoy
03-22-2015, 07:21 PM
Williams makes sense, btw what are your thoughts about Marcus Hardison with pick 50 if AJ is gone?

Physical monster from what I've heard. I know he ran 4.8 at 307 at his pro day. Is he stout at the POA though? I didn't see a ton of ASU but when I did he flashed because of his ability to penetrate. As a 5 tech he's gotta hold the POA, extend the arms and get off the block.

CBS Sports has him in the 3rd Round territory, so maybe at 50 he's a round early?

YardRat
03-22-2015, 07:21 PM

Duke showed a few flashes of bringing the wood in run support last season. He isn't as big as someone like Landry, but he has basic measureables similar to Reed {height, weight, speed). Losing Searcy did create a void, at this point it looks like DW should probably be plugged in with AW, with Meeks, Rambo, Ladler and possibly a draft pick vying for the other two spots. That's relying a lot on inexperience at a pretty key position, however.

DraftBoy
03-22-2015, 07:22 PM
I sure don't want to use a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a SS this year and I doubt a late round pick should be starting this year as a SS.

Because? If the idea is OL only, then that's fine, but this isn't a great OL class (especially at OG) and you're going to pass over better players simply to take an OL because he's an OL? Not sure I like that strategy.

The Jokeman
03-22-2015, 07:23 PM
Physical monster from what I've heard. I know he ran 4.8 at 307 at his pro day. Is he stout at the POA though? I didn't see a ton of ASU but when I did he flashed because of his ability to penetrate. As a 5 tech he's gotta hold the POA, extend the arms and get off the block.

CBS Sports has him in the 3rd Round territory, so maybe at 50 he's a round early?

It's hard to say but maybe I got intrigued from this story http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2015/02/scouting-report-marcus-hardison-dt.html

DraftBoy
03-22-2015, 07:23 PM
Duke showed a few flashes of bringing the wood in run support last season. He isn't as big as someone like Landry, but he has basic measureables similar to Reed {height, weight, speed). Losing Searcy did create a void, at this point it looks like DW should probably be plugged in with AW, with Meeks, Rambo, Ladler and possibly a draft pick vying for the other two spots. That's relying a lot on inexperience at a pretty key position, however.

My problem with Duke is that he was so bad in coverage that when the SS is asked to cover the TE or slot out of the box on pass plays he's a huge liability. Duke can bring the hammer, but his pass coverage has to get better. Otherwise he's a smaller LaRon Landry and we all know how that turned out.

DraftBoy
03-22-2015, 07:24 PM
It's hard to say but maybe I got intrigued from this story http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2015/02/scouting-report-marcus-hardison-dt.html

That does sound good. Here is the CBS write-up:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2061036/marcus-hardison

Hardison is a late-blooming talent with the first-step quickness, length and agility NFL teams are looking for in an interior pass-rusher. He signed with Arizona State as a highly regarded JUCO prospect out of Dodge City (Kan.) Community College, turning down the likes of Florida State, Miami, Oklahoma and Auburn, among others.
Despite his fanfare and clear talent, Hardison struggled to find consistent playing time in his first season in Tempe, recording just five tackles.

With two-time Pac-12 Defensive Lineman of the Year Will Sutton moving on to the Chicago Bears, however, Hardison stepped up his game significantly in 2014, exploding for 53 tackles, 15 tackles for loss, 10 sacks and six turnovers (three forced fumbles, two interceptions and a fumble recovery). Much of that came over the second half of the season, including a career-high 13 tackle performance against Duke in the Sun Bowl and a strong showing during the Senior Bowl practices to culminate his collegiate career.

SpikedLemonade
03-22-2015, 07:27 PM
Because? If the idea is OL only, then that's fine, but this isn't a great OL class (especially at OG) and you're going to pass over better players simply to take an OL because he's an OL? Not sure I like that strategy.

OL because we didn't address it in FA. Incognito is a long shot on a one year $2M prove it contract.

DraftBoy
03-22-2015, 07:27 PM
OL because we didn't address it in FA. Incognito is a long shot on a one year $2M prove it contract.

Then you're doing the same thing the Bills have done for the last 15 years in the middle to late rounds that hasn't worked. Taking a player at a position because its a hole not because it's the best player to pick.

YardRat
03-22-2015, 07:28 PM
My problem with Duke is that he was so bad in coverage that when the SS is asked to cover the TE or slot out of the box on pass plays he's a huge liability. Duke can bring the hammer, but his pass coverage has to get better. Otherwise he's a smaller LaRon Landry and we all know how that turned out.

Yeah, he needs to get better there, but I think his incredibly horrible game against New England biases what he did overall, over the course of the season, when he did get plugged in.

The Jokeman
03-22-2015, 07:28 PM
That does sound good. Here is the CBS write-up:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2061036/marcus-hardison

The positives of that report make you think he wouldn't fall but the negatives scare me if I want him playing the 5 technique.

psubills62
03-22-2015, 07:53 PM
The little I remember from Rex Ryan drafts is that he loves his CB's.

Could definitely see the overall plan of OL early and defense the rest of the way.

CleveSteve
03-22-2015, 11:01 PM
I'm participating in an interactive mock draft on a Chiefs board as the Bills right now. Your positional focus is a lot like mine.

I took Xavier Cooper in Round 2 to play DE because I didn't like what would be available after that. You'd probably kill me if you knew the guy I passed on on the OL to take him... but I like the depth on the OL a ton better than I like on the DL. It was a toss-up for me between Cooper and Carl Davis, but the Jets had drafted Mariota and Cooper did an awesome job against him so I took that as the clincher and snagged him.

I'm taking a guard with my next pick (I'm 9 picks out right now from the 3rd rounder) and I'm very confident I will get one of my two favorite guards in the draft.

In the fifth I will take a NT or OT based on who is available... there are a couple of longshot (to make it there I mean) tackles I like that I would do backflips if they made it to my spot. I also have two NT prospects that I'd be very happy with and would take McCarthy as my third choice there... good call on him.

At SS a guy who can really run and hit and I don't understand why he doesn't get more pub is McCarthy's teammate Jefferson at strong safety. I'm hoping to get him in the sixth as well.

Last pick will be a toss up based on who is left... there are a couple TE sleepers I like and a couple sleeper pass rushers as well... Just going to see who is left for that last one. Or hack, maybe I'll take Cody Fajardo.

YardRat
03-23-2015, 05:33 AM
I'd like to see the results of that when it's done, should be interesting.

Raptor
03-23-2015, 07:42 AM
I'd be happy with this

QB - 1
OT - 1
OG - 1
OC - 1
DE - 2
NT - 1
Jack LB - 1
Sam LB - 1
ILB - 1
FS - 1
SS - 1

ghz in pittsburgh
03-23-2015, 10:08 AM
I'd not be surprised that they take a NT or a LB at #50. And those are Whaley/Rex specialty area.

This team honestly does not have a prototype NT. Dearus and Kyle are better served as ends in 3-4.

Strongman
03-23-2015, 12:23 PM

QB - 1
OT - 1
OG - 1
OC - 1
DE - 2
NT - 1
Jack LB - 1
Sam LB - 1
ILB - 1
FS - 1
SS - 1

I like it and would be happy with it.

I'd also happy with us cutting Tuel and drafting Bryce Petty in Rd3 or Cody Fajardo in Rd 7. Personally, I think they should draft a QB every year to improve your chances of finding a franchise QB.

CleveSteve
04-09-2015, 06:26 PM
I'd like to see the results of that when it's done, should be interesting.
Epic bump... Not quite done yet but one pick left and I'm torn among three prospects. We are going to do a quick little UDFA add after the draft is over so I still have an opportunity/possibility to grab who I don't get.

Here's how the draft has gone so far:
Round 1
1. Tampa Bay - Tambaberry - Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
2. Tennessee - Hoover - Leonard Williams, DE/DT, USC
3. Jacksonville - Dicky McElephant - Dante Fowler, DE/OLB, Florida
4. Oakland - ChiefsCountry - Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
5. Washington - Billay - Randy Gregory, OLB, Nebraska
6. New York Jets - Nightfyre - Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
7. Chicago - Discuss Thrower - Danny Shelton, NT, Washington
8. Atlanta - BossChief - Kevin White, WR, West Virginia
9. New York Giants - Marco Polo - Vic Beasley, DE/OLB, Clemson
10. St. Louis - Rams Fan - Brandon Scherff, OL, Iowa
11. Minnesota - SNR - DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville
12. Cleveland - chiefscafan - Shane Ray, LB, Missouri
13. New Orleans - Direckshun - Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan State
14. Miami - DaKCManAP - Landon Collins, S, Alabama
15. San Francisco - Sfeihc - Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State
16. Houston - kccrow - Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest
17. San Diego - Rams Fan - Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia
18. Kansas City - Direckshun - Cameron Erving, C, Florida State
19. Cleveland - (from Buffalo) - chiefscafan - Arik Armstead, DE/DT, Oregon
20. Philadelphia - DaKCManAP - La'el Collins, OL, LSU
21. Cincinnati - Tambaberry - Eric Kendricks, LB, UCLA
22. Pittsburgh - Discuss Thrower - Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota
23. Detroit - Sfeihc -Malcom Brown, DT, Texas
24. Arizona - chiefscafan - Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin
25. Carolina - Dicky McElephant - Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami
26. Baltimore - Billay - Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma
27. Dallas - ChiefsCountry - Jordan Phillips, DT, Oklahoma
28. Denver - Marco Polo - Alvin Dupree, DE/OLB, Kentucky
29. Indianapolis - BossChief - Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford
30. Green Bay - SNR - Marcus Peters, CB, Washington
31. New Orleans (from SEA) - Direckshun - Eli Harold, LB, Virginia
32. New England - kccrow - Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State

Round 2
33. Tennessee - Hoover - T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh
34. Tampa Bay - Tambaberry - Owamagbe Odighizuwa, DE, UCLA
35. Oakland - ChiefsCountry - DJ Humphries, OT, Florida
36. Jacksonville - Dicky McElephant - P.J. Williams, CB, Florida State
37. New York Jets - Nightfyre - Danielle Hunter, OLB, LSU
38. Washington - Billay - Jalen Collins, CB, LSU
39. Chicago - Discuss Thrower - Preston Smith, DE, Mississippi State
40. New York Giants - Marco Polo - Shaq Thompson, LB, Washington
41. St. Louis - RamsFan - Hroniss Grasu, C, Oregon
42. Atlanta - BossChief - Nate Orchard, DE, Utah
43. Cleveland - chiefscafan - Denzel Perryman, LB, Miami
44. New Orleans - Direckshun - Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State
45. Minnesota - SNR - A.J. Cann, G, South Carolina
46. San Francisco - Sfeihc - Benardrick McKinney, LB, Mississippi State
47. Miami - DaKCManAP - Breshad Perriman, WR, Central Florida
48. San Diego - RamsFan - Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA
49. Kansas City - Direckshun - Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State

50. Buffalo - CleveSteve - Xavier Cooper, DE, Washington State
With their initial selection in the draft, the Rex Ryan-led Bills look to add their own Sheldon Richardson in the quick, slippery talented run defender from the Northwest.* In moving to a 3-4, the Bills have Pro Bowler Marcel Dareus and Jarius Wynn at end.* Wynn is fine depth, but they need more impact and certainly more depth along the line.

51. Houston - kccrow - Stephone Anthony, LB, Clemson
52. Philadelphia - DaKCManAP - Nelson Agholor, WR, USC
53. Cincinnati - Tambaberry - Phillip Dorsett, WR, Miami
54. Detroit - Sfeihc - Jake Fisher, OT, Oregon
55. Arizona - chiefscafan - Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor
56. Pittsburgh - Discuss Thrower - Anthony Harris, S, Virginia
57. Carolina - Dicky McElephant - Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn
58. Baltimore - Billay - Ronald Darby, CB, Florida State
59. Denver - Marco Polo - Carl Davis, DT, Iowa
60. Dallas - ChiefsCountry - Paul Dawson, LB, TCU
61. Indianapolis - BossChief - Mario Edwards, DL, Florida State
62. Green Bay - SNR - Alex Carter, CB, Stanford
63. Seattle - Nightfyre - Clive Walford, TE, Miami
64. New England - kccrow - Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska

Round 3
65. Tampa Bay - Tambaberry - Laken Tomlinson, OL, Duke
66. Tennessee - Hoover - Byron Jones, CB, Connecticut
67. Jacksonville - Dicky McElephant - Jay Ajayi, RB, Boise State
68. Oakland - ChiefsCountry - Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M
69. Washington - Billay - Tyler Lockett, WR, Kansas State
70. New York Jets - Nightfyre - Rashad Greene, WR, Florida State
71. Chicago - Discuss Thrower - Cody Prewitt, S, Mississippi
72. St. Louis - Rams Fan - Eric Rowe, CB, Utah
73. Atlanta - BossChief - Donovan Smith, OT, Penn State
74. New York Giants - Marco Polo - Rob Havenstein, OT, Wisconsin
75. New Orleans - Direckshun - Tre Jackson, G, Florida State
76. Minnesota - SNR - Quinten Rollins, CB, Miami (OH)
77. Cleveland - chiefscafan - Tyler Kroft, TE, Rutgers
78. New Orleans (from MIA) - Direckshun - Steven Nelson, CB, Oregon State
79. San Francisco - Sfeihc - D'Joun Smith, CB, Florida Atlantic
80. Kansas City - Direckshun - Justin Hardy, WR, East Carolina

81. Buffalo - CleveSteve - Josue Matias, OG, Florida State
After a season where right guard was arguably their biggest weakness, the Bills select the top guard in this year's draft on their board. Experienced, physical, and skilled; Matias pulling out wide on a sweep or inside on a trap was a staple in Florida State's offense for years. Versus Georgia Tech in the ACC championship, he put defenders on their backs at least seven times. He is possibly the quickest player out of his stance in the draft. Matias made 43 starts for Florida State's pro-style offense and should be a contributor right away. At 6'5", 309# with 33 1/8" arms, he has the body to stay at guard or kick outside to right tackle.

82. Houston - kccrow - Lorenzo Mauldin, DE/OLB, Louisville
83. San Diego - Rams Fan - Ty Montgomery, WR, Stanford
84. Philadelphia - DaKCManAP - Damarious Randall, S, Arizona State
85. Cincinnati - Tambaberry - Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon
86. Arizona - chiefscafan - Kevin White, CB, TCU
87. Pittsburgh - Discuss Thrower - Geneo Grissom, LB, Oklahoma
88. Detroit - Sfeihc - Duke Johnson, RB, Miami
89. Carolina - Dicky McElephant - Devin Funchess, WR/TE, Michigan
90. Baltimore - Billay - Tevin Coleman, RB, Indiana
91. Dallas - ChiefsCountry - Jaquiski Tartt, S, Samford
92. Denver - Marco Polo - Ali Marpet, G, Hobart
93. Indianapolis - BossChief - TJ Yeldon, RB, Alabama
94. Green Bay - SNR - Daryl Williams,OT, Oklahoma
95. Seattle - Nightfyre - Michael Bennett, DT, Ohio State
96. New England - kccrow - Joshua Shaw, CB, USC
97. (C) New England - kccrow - Tre McBride, WR, William & Mary
98. (C) Kansas City - Direckshun - Hau'oli Kikaha, OLB, Washington
99. (C) Cincinnati - Tambaberry - Marcus Hardison, DL, Arizona State

Round 4
100. Tennessee - Hoover - Trey Flowers, DE, Arkansas
101. New England (from TB) - kccrow - Tyler Sambrailo, OT, Colorado State
102. Oakland - ChiefsCountry - Derron Smith, S, Fresno State
103. Jacksonville - Dicky McElephant - John Miller, OG, Louisville
104. New York Jets - Nightfyre - Henry Anderson, DE, Stanford
105. Washington - Billay - Kurtis Drummond, S, Michigan State
106. Chicago - Discuss Thrower - David Johnson, RB, Northern Iowa
107. Atlanta - BossChief - Gerod Holliman, S, Louisville
108. New York Giants - Marco Polo - Grady Jarrett, DT, Clemson
109. Tampa Bay (from STL) - Tambaberry - Senquez Golson, CB, Mississippi
110. Minnesota - SNR - Jeremy Langford, RB, Michigan State
111. Cleveland - chiefscafan - Ellis McCarthy, DT, UCLA
112. Seattle (from NO) - Nightfyre - Deandre Smelter, WR, Georgia Tech
113. Philadelphia (from SF) - DaKCManAP - Kwon Alexander, LB, LSU
114. Miami - DaKCManAP - Arie Kouandjio, G, Alabama
115. Cleveland (from BUF) - chiefscafan - Corey Robinson, OT, South Carolina
116. Houston - kccrow - Chris Conley, WR, Georgia
117. San Diego - Rams Fan - Jake Ryan, LB, Michigan
118. Kansas City - Direckshun - Taiwan Jones, LB, Michigan State
119. St. Louis (from PHI) - Rams Fan - Deon Barnes, DE, Penn State
120. Cincinnati - Tambaberry - Doran Grant, DB, Ohio State
121. Pittsburgh - Discuss Thrower - Jamil Douglas, G, Arizona State
122. Baltimore (from DET) - Billay - Nick O'Leary, TE, Florida State
123. Arizona - chiefscafan - Max Valles, OLB, Virginia
124. Carolina - Dicky McElephant - Ben Koyak, TE, Notre Dame
125. Baltimore - Billay - Jeremiah Poutasi, G, Utah
126. San Francisco (from DEN) - Sfeihc - Jeff Heuerman, TE, Ohio State
127. Dallas - ChiefsCountry - Karlos Williams, RB, Florida State
128. Indianapolis - BossChief - Jermaine Whitehead, S, Auburn
129. Green Bay - SNR - Gabe Wright, DL, Auburn
130. Seattle - Nightfyre - Jarvis Harrison, G, Texas A&M
131. New England - kccrow - Kenny Bell, WR, Nebraska
132. (C) San Francisco - Sfeihc - David Cobb, RB, Minnesota
133. (C) Denver - Marco Polo - Mitch Morse, OT, Missouri
134. (C) Seattle - Nightfyre - Tyrus Thompson, OT, Oklahoma
135. (C) Cincinnati - Tambaberry - Wes Saxton, TE, South Alabama
136. (C) Baltimore - Billay - Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland

Round 5
137. Minnesota (from BUF) - SNR - Jesse James, TE, Penn State
138. Tennessee - Hoover - Mike Davis, RB, South Carolina
139. Jacksonville - Dicky McElephant - Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn
140. Oakland - ChiefsCountry - Bobby Richardson, DT, Indiana
141. Washington - CleveSteve - Leterrius Walton, D, Central Michigan
142. Chicago (from NYJ) - Discuss Thrower - BJ Finney, C, Kansas State
143. Denver (from CHI) - Marco Polo - Shane Carden, QB, East Carolina
144. New York Giants - Marco Polo - Sean Hickey, OT, Syracuse
145. Philadelphia (from STL) - DaKCManAP - Za'Darius Smith, DE, Kentucky
146. Atlanta - BossChief - Charles Gaines, CB, Louisville
147. Cleveland - chiefscafan - Chaz Green, OT, Florida
148. New Orleans - Direckshun - Justin Cox, CB/S, Mississippi State
149. Miami (from MIN) - DaKCManAP - Davis Tull, OLB, Chattanooga
150. Miami - DaKCManAP - Jacoby Glenn, CB, UCF
151. San Francisco - Sfeihc - Sean Mannion, QB, Oregon St
152. Houston - kccrow - Javorius Allen, RB, USC
153. San Diego - Rams Fan - Joey Mbu, NT, Houston
154. New Orleans (from KC) - Direckshun - Ramik Wilson, LB, Georgia

155. Buffalo - CleveSteve - Anthony Jefferson, S, UCLA
After losing Jairus Byrd and Da'Norris Searcy in back to back seasons, the Bills are looking for a new starter at safety to pair with Aaron Williams.* Jefferson is a player who can cover and will hit hard, and possesses a similar skillset to Antonio Allen, whom Rex Ryan drafted in the seventh round and has started at both safety and corner for the Jets. (This was a player I had to have. I already liked him a ton and then I watched the DraftBreakdown cut-up of Jaelen Strong vs. UCLA. The difference between when #23 {Jefferson} was covering him and when anyone else was covering him was huge. He has awesome man coverage ability for a safety and I like him a bunch before that. There was a run on safeties after this so I felt justified taking him a pick earlier than I had planned.

156. Philadelphia - DaKCManAP - Lynden Trail, DE/OLB, Norfolk State
157. Cincinnati - Tambaberry - Adrian Amos, S, Penn State
158. Baltimore (from DET) - CleveSteve - Markus Golden, OLB, Missouri
159. Arizona - chiefscafan - Josh Harper, WR, Fresno State
160. Pittsburgh - Discuss Thrower - Kaleb Eulls, DE, Mississippi State
161. Carolina - Dicky McElephant - Anthony Chickillo, DE, Miami
162. Tampa Bay (from BAL) - Tambaberry - Mario Alford, WR, West Virginia
163. Dallas - ChiefsCountry - Craig Mager, CB, Texas State
164. Denver - Marco Polo - MyCole Pruitt, TE, Southern Illinois
165. Indianapolis - BossChief - Robert Myers, G, Tennessee State
166. Green Bay - SNR - Kyle Emanuel, DE/OLB, North Dakota State
167. Seattle - Nightfyre - Tevin McDonald, S, Eastern Washington
168. Tampa Bay (from NE) - Tambaberry - James Sample, S, Louisville
169. Carolina (C) - Dicky McElephant - Ladarius Gunter, CB/S, Miami
170. Seattle (C) - Nightfyre - Zack-Wagenmann Waterman, DE, Montana
171. Baltimore (C) - CleveSteve - Chris Hackett, S, TCU
172. Kansas City (C) - Direckshun - Will Tye, TE, Stony Brook

173. Kansas City (C) - Direckshun - Terry Williams, NT, East Carolina
This pick is in red because this is who I was planning on taking at my next pick, and this guy had access to this info... I had to send my board to someone because my wife and I were going to the hospital for the birth of our second son and I didn't want to hold everyone up. He was the next player on my board at this [point and nobody in this draft had talked about him as anything more than a 7th rounder prior to this. On one hand, I wish I would have drafted him in the fifth, but I would be more upset if I had missed out on Jefferson.

174. Carolina (C) - Dicky McElephant - Cameron Artis-Payne, RB, Auburn
175. Houston (C) - kccrow - Clayton Geathers, S, Central Florida
176. Baltimore (C) - CleveSteve - Ray Drew, DE, Georgia

Round 6
177. Tennessee - Hoover - Tony Lippett, WR Michigan State
178. New England (from TB) - kccrow - Darryl Roberts, CB, Marshall
179. Oakland - ChiefsCountry - Frank Clark, DE, Michigan
180. Jacksonville - Dicky McElephant - Jamison Crowder, WR, Duke
181. Seattle (from NYJ) - Nightfyre - Brandon Bridge, QB, South Alabama
182. Washington - CleveSteve - Mark Glowinski, G, West Virginia
183. Chicago - Discuss Thrower - Deontay Greenberry, WR, Houston
184. Tampa Bay (from STL) - Tambaberry - Carlos Thompson, DE, Mississippi
185. Atlanta - BossChief - Hayes Pullard, LB, USC
186. New York Giants - Marco Polo - Blake Bell, TE, Oklahoma
187. New Orleans - Direckshun - E.J. Bibbs, TE, Iowa State

188. Buffalo (from MIN) - CleveSteve - Max Garcia, OL, Florida
After missing out on the D-Line help they were looking for, Buffalo returns their attention to the O-Line. Garcia turned a lot of heads at the Senior Bowl having stonewalled both Danny Shelton and Carl Davis at the Senior Bowl, and his tape backs it up. Garcia is a road grader who has started at both Maryland and Florida having manned guard, tackle and center positions. He adds a lot of power to Buffalo's line, and they may have upgraded both guard spots with this draft.

189. Cleveland - chiefscafan - Chris Bonner, QB, Colorado State-Pueblo
190. San Francisco - Sfeihc - Ben Beckwith, OL, Mississippi State
191. Miami - DaKCManAP - Christian Covington, DT, Rice
192. San Diego - Rams Fan - Darrian Miller, OT, Kentucky
193. Kansas City - Direckshun - Mike Hull, LB, Penn State

194. Buffalo - CleveSteve - Cody Fajardo, QB Nevada
The Bills have had meetings with just about every QB in the draft not named Mariota or Winston. Although I'm loathe to draft a QB I don't feel is worth a first round pick just on principle, I feel like a Bills draft that didn't include a QB this year would be a bit dishonest. Fajardo is probably the QB I feel most palatable after the only real QB in this draft, and with a second sixth-round pick I'm obligated to turn in the card. Fajardo threw the ball second best of all the QBs at the combine by my eyes and led a pretty impressive comeback (which fell short) against Garrett Grayson's more-talented Rams this season. Buffalo has been to Nevada's Pro Day in addition to meeting with Fajardo at other outlets this offseason, so I do believe he is on their radar.

195. Houston - kccrow - Andy Gallik, C, Boston College
196. Philadelphia - DaKCManAP - Lorenzo Doss, CB, Tulane
197. Cincinnati - Tambaberry - Ben Heeney, OLB, Kansas
198. Arizona - chiefscafan - Nick Marshall, QB/CB, Auburn
199. Pittsburgh - Discuss Thrower - Zach Zenner, FB, South Dakota State
200. Detroit - Sfeihc - Shaquille Mason, C/G, Ga. Tech.
201. Carolina - Dicky McElephant - Martrell Spaight, OLB, Arkansas
202. Cleveland (from BAL) - chiefscafan - Austin Hill, WR, Arizona
203. Denver - Marco Polo - Brian Mihalik, DE, Boston College
204. Baltimore (from DAL) - CleveSteve - Ibraheim Campbell, S, Northwestern
205. Indianapolis - BossChief - Durell Eskridge, S, Syracuse
206. Green Bay - SNR - Zach Vigil, LB, Utah State
207. Indianapolis (from SEA) - BossChief - Justin Manton, P/K, Louisiana-Monroe
208. Tennessee (from NE) - Hoover - Darren Waller, WR, Georgia Tech
209. Seattle (C) - Nightfyre - Laurence Gibson, OT, Virginia Tech
210. Green Bay (C) - SNR - Nick Boyle, TE, Delaware
211. Houston (C) - kccrow - Rory Anderson, TE, South Carolina
212. Pittsburgh (C) - Discuss Thrower - Tevaughn Campbell, DB, Regina
213. Green Bay (C) - SNR - Josh Robinson, RB, Mississippi State
214. Seattle (C) - Nightfyre - JaCorey Shepherd, CB, Kansas
215. St. Louis (C) - Rams Fan - Zach Hodges, OLB, Harvard
216. Houston (C) - kccrow - Tyrell Williams, WR, Western Oregon
217. Kansas City (C) - Direckshun - Xavier Williams, DL, Northern Iowa

7th Round
218. Tampa Bay - Tambaberry - Dezmin Lewis, WR, Central Arkansas
219. New England (from TEN) - kccrow - Kevin Snyder, LB, Rutgers
220. Jacksonville - Dicky McElephant - Cam Thomas, DB, Western Kentucky
221. Oakland - ChiefsCountry - Vince Mayle, WR, Washington State
222. Washington - CleveSteve -Jamon Brown, OT, Louisville
223. New York Jets - Nightfyre - Tyeler Davison, NT, Fresno State
224. New York Jets (from CHI) - Nightfyre - John Crockett, RB, North Dakota State
225. Atlanta - BossChief - Michael Dyer, RB, Louisville
226. New York Giants - Marco Polo - Rakeem Nunez-Roches, DT, Southern Mississippi
227. St. Louis - Rams Fan
228. Minnesota - SNR
229. Cleveland - chiefscafan
230. New Orleans - Direckshun
231. Detroit (from MIA) - Sfeihc
232. Minnesota (from SF) - SNR
233. Kansas City - Direckshun
234. Buffalo - CleveSteve

So now I'm down to three guys for my last pick:
RT Tayo Fabuluje, TCU
NT Justin Hamilton, Louisiana-Lafayette
OLB Marcus Rush, Michigan State

I know all three of these guys can play. I'm just not sure who I want to use the pick on. So far, I've added a starter-quality player at LG (Matias), at RG (Garcia who can also play center), at 3-4 DE (Cooper), and SS (Jefferson). I think Fabuluje can beat out Henderson at RT and push him to backing up Glenn. Hamilton is a really good player, but would obviously be rotational at NT with Kyle Williams. I just watched him for the first time this week vs. Arkansas State and TExas State and he is a good run stuffer and can make plays laterally. Rush I think is underrated and might actually be on the Bills radar, but he would be the 4th OLB.

Thoughts? Who do you think I should take? Thanks.

CleveSteve
04-16-2015, 08:19 AM
The Buffalo Bills entered this draft with huge needs on the OL and only two spots really settled (LT and C). They also are switching defensive schemes from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and dop not have the bodies on the line to compete. For the second year in a row, they let a starting safety walk in Free Agency, so they had needs there, too. Acquiring Lesean McCoy and Charles Clay helped out their skill positions considerably.

1) No pick -- Sammy Watkins trade
2) 50. Xavier Cooper, DE, Washington State
3) 81. Josue Matias, OG, Florida State
4) No pick -- Sammy Watkins trade
5) 155. Anthony Jefferson, S, UCLA
6a) 188. Max Garcia, OL, Florida
6b) 194. Cody Fajardo, QB Nevada
7) 234. Tayo Fabuluje, OT, TCU

UDFAs:

Justin Hamilton, NT, Louisiana-Lafayette
Marcus Rush, OLB Michigan State
Curtis Grant, ILB Ohio State