PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bills' beefed-up offense poised to power playoff run

MidnightVoice
03-24-2015, 08:57 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000480918/article/buffalo-bills-beefedup-offense-poised-to-power-playoff-run

Nearly 25 years have passed since the Buffalo Bills' high-flying "K-Gun" offense was destroying the NFL with a frenetic pace and all-star cast of playmakers. Led by three Hall of Famers (Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas and Andre Reed), the unit powered Buffalo to four straight AFC titles and came to be regarded as one of the most dominant in league history. Though the Bills failed to win a Super Bowl behind the electrifying attack, it was a juggernaut that kept the team among the ranks of the elite.

Based on the moves orchestrated by the Bills this offseason, I think the city of Buffalo could be in for a bit of déjà vu in 2015. Here are three reasons to think the new and improved offense will spark a legitimate playoff run:

1) The Bills will pummel opponents behind a ground and pound attack............

2) The Bills could have the most explosive receiving corps in the NFL..................

3) Roman will help the Bills' starting quarterback thrive in 2015...............

sukie
03-24-2015, 09:08 AM
3 is the weak link... Hard to make meh seem less meh.

Night Train
03-24-2015, 09:14 AM
If Ralph was still around with Littman, Felton would be our lone signing.

OpIv37
03-24-2015, 09:20 AM
Did he even watch the games last year? There can be no ground and pound with this OL

Skooby
03-24-2015, 09:31 AM
If we can shore up the O-line & one of QB's plays decent, I think it's a reality.

OpIv37
03-24-2015, 09:34 AM
If we can shore up the O-line & one of QB's plays decent, I think it's a reality.

Those are two huge if's

SpikedLemonade
03-24-2015, 09:38 AM
Did he even watch the games last year? There can be no ground and pound with this OL

I read that article carefully last night and was amazed he never made a single reference to OL -- good or bad -- in the whole article.

I don't mean that he did refer to the Bills OL. I mean that even when referring to the Eagles and 49'ers, he did not refer to their OL. He simply never referred to OL at all. Like those 5 players simply do not exist.

How you can have an in depth NFL article including video clips without mentioning the OL is puzzling.

Like many fans, Bucky is part of the "any 5 fat guys can play on a NFL OL" school of head up their asses.

Skooby
03-24-2015, 09:54 AM
Those are two huge if's

Agreed. The talent we have on offense can make the O-line / QB look better & last year's play-calling could of been quickly deciphered by a toddler, hopefully it'll come together.

EDS
03-24-2015, 09:58 AM
I don't think Roman got max performance out of a very talented QB in Kaepernick, so it strikes me that to ask him to get max performance out of some mediocre talents is a stretch. SF also had a better o-line than the Bills and the running game was not elite outside of Kaepernick, despite having Gore and Hyde.

better days
03-24-2015, 11:20 AM

This years OL will be NOTHING like last years OL, even if a number of the players are the same.

OpIv37
03-24-2015, 11:26 AM
This years OL will be NOTHING like last years OL, even if a number of the players are the same.

We've been over this. It's the same guys plus Incognito who has been out of the league for a year and a half. Most of the best FA's have signed- not that it matters because we are down to $5.28 million in cap space and need to save around $2 million for rookies.
Yet somehow you think the new coach is going to wage a magic wand and make these guys good, or whaley is going to find two starting caliber OL's sitting on the couch waiting for someone to call up and offer them vet min.

Night Train
03-24-2015, 11:38 AM
Coaching/schemes will play big with the OL and I have no idea how it will go. The fan in me hopes for the best.

It does seem strange that a couple years ago, 2-3 of these guys were playing decent ball and then couldn't block the sun a year later.

jimmifli
03-24-2015, 11:44 AM

Roman's run game isn't ground an pound. SF was pretty bad on 3rd and short. It's smoke and mirrors on 1st and 2nd.

People expecting to watch a RB slam it up the middle for 4 yards are going to be surprised.

jimmifli
03-24-2015, 11:45 AM
3 is the weak link... Hard to make meh seem less meh.

I think he's 2/2 in the NFL so far with Alex Smith and Kap.

stuckincincy
03-24-2015, 11:56 AM
We've been over this. It's the same guys plus Incognito who has been out of the league for a year and a half. Most of the best FA's have signed- not that it matters because we are down to $5.28 million in cap space and need to save around $2 million for rookies.
Yet somehow you think the new coach is going to wage a magic wand and make these guys good, or whaley is going to find two starting caliber OL's sitting on the couch waiting for someone to call up and offer them vet min.

The allocation for the rookie pool cap is more - $3.2M. If they contemplate getting OL help via FA, you are right, they will have to be bargain basement bodies. And they better pray they don't get in-season injuries to key players...not much $ left for replacements.

Dunno, but it might be that if you sell off draft picks, money flows from the salary pool back into the roster cap. I wouldn't put it past 'em...

BertSquirtgum
03-24-2015, 03:02 PM
Those are two huge if's

Says you

better days
03-25-2015, 07:45 AM

No magic wand is involved, it is called COACHING.

And a different blocking scheme as well.