PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Attendees on the Rise at The Ralph

SpikedLemonade
03-24-2015, 05:26 PM
....Prospects of a future Toronto franchise aside, Pegula said the number of fans at Bills games who drive in from Central Ontario continues to rise, echoing what Bills president Russ Brandon told Sun Media on Monday.

“Yeah, 12% of our season-ticket holders and 22% of our receipts are from Ontario,” Pegula said. “We’re big into embracing Southern Ontario even more.”

Brandon said two years ago that the percentage of ticket-buying Bills fans from Ontario had grown to 18%, from 15% a couple of years before that — and that for the first time, Ontario fans at Ralph Wilson Stadium outnumbered those who drive in from Rochester, the club’s other major nearby support market.....

http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/nfl/exclusive-bills-owner-terry-pegula-not-opposed-to-nfl-franchise-in-toronto/

swiper
03-24-2015, 05:41 PM
I wore a toque and now I'm a Canadian?

SpikedLemonade
03-24-2015, 05:45 PM
I wore a toque and now I'm a Canadian?

That is what Americans do when they are pissed drunk at The Ralph and they want to look Canadian.

It is a false flag job.

Mace
03-24-2015, 06:59 PM
I've always personally felt more of a bond with Ontario than I do with Pennsylvania, would see the Blue Jays over the Yankees or Mets in a blink.

Just so they are a part of our market, I have always been a part of theirs.

SpikedLemonade
03-24-2015, 07:36 PM
I've always personally felt more of a bond with Ontario than I do with Pennsylvania, would see the Blue Jays over the Yankees or Mets in a blink.

Just so they are a part of our market, I have always been a part of theirs.

I've always wanted to check out a Bisons game in that nice sized park and I will in April.

Mace
03-24-2015, 08:11 PM
I've always wanted to check out a Bisons game in that nice sized park and I will in April.

Haven't been there in a while, but it's glorious when the weather is nice.

Historian
03-25-2015, 04:31 AM
That's misleading though...

Keep in mind, that if there were no river, Fort Erie and St Catherines, et al would simply be Buffalo suburbs.

People think Canada....they think Toronto.

I would be willing to bet that most Canadian fans travel from distances much shorter.

YardRat
03-25-2015, 04:46 AM
A typical Sunday night at customs...

"Got anything to declare?"
"Just another loss."
"Any offensive linemen in the trunk?"
"I wish."

DraftBoy
03-25-2015, 05:54 AM
Fantastic news. Continue to expand the market and leverage more dollars.

Night Train
03-25-2015, 06:08 AM
They seem to have boatloads of $ on them at the games. I sit in a club and the drinks are expensive. These people buy drinks like it's their last hour before going to the chair on death row...or they're Bills fans on their way to their seats...it's one or the other.. :up:

YardRat
03-25-2015, 05:30 PM
I sat behind a bunch of them at the Minnesota game, pretty sure it was a bus excursion-type deal. They drank a lot (even the 70-year old granny was knocking some down), but it's not like they got slobbering drunk, or obnoxious, or did anything stupid that ruined the game for those of us around them. A lot of fun, actually.

pmoon6
03-25-2015, 06:55 PM
....Prospects of a future Toronto franchise aside, Pegula said the number of fans at Bills games who drive in from Central Ontario continues to rise, echoing what Bills president Russ Brandon told Sun Media on Monday.

“Yeah, 12% of our season-ticket holders and 22% of our receipts are from Ontario,” Pegula said. “We’re big into embracing Southern Ontario even more.”

Brandon said two years ago that the percentage of ticket-buying Bills fans from Ontario had grown to 18%, from 15% a couple of years before that — and that for the first time, Ontario fans at Ralph Wilson Stadium outnumbered those who drive in from Rochester, the club’s other major nearby support market.....

http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/nfl/exclusive-bills-owner-terry-pegula-not-opposed-to-nfl-franchise-in-toronto/
Well, this would explain the foul odor at the Ralph

SpikedLemonade
03-25-2015, 07:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6y95SpaYB4

OpIv37
03-25-2015, 08:32 PM
I'm a bit perplexed by this.

If Canadians want to see a poorly managed sports franchise mired in mediocrity for a decade and a half, they can avoid the hassle at the border and go see the Leafs.

Topas
03-26-2015, 03:22 AM
A typical Sunday night at customs...

"Got anything to declare?"
"Just another loss."
"Any offensive linemen in the trunk?"
"I wish."

Kudos. Well played, Sir.