PDA

View Full Version : Bills front office makes decisions from the hot tub...

X-Era
03-25-2015, 04:49 AM
"Pegula then noted that the camaraderie of the coaching staff is so strong, the coaches have meetings “sitting in the hot tub together” at the Bills’ training facility.

“It’s not a pretty sight,” Pegula said with a laugh. “But, as” offensive coordinator “Greg Roman pointed out, the players are going to feel” the bond that the coaches have with each other and the organization as a whole."

"Pegula said he also told McCoy that when the trade was completed, he and other members of the Bills’ hierarchy were dancing around on the Pegulas’ boat in Boca Raton, Fla., where some of the team’s planning meetings for the offseason were held".

http://mobile.buffalonews.com/sectionfront/content/?content=70983800&type=P1&story=Pegula%20says%20early%20plan%20fed%20Buffalo%20Bills%20offseason%20success

You can't make this stuff up...

coastal
03-25-2015, 04:50 AM
Homo stuff

swiper
03-25-2015, 04:56 AM
Just the beginning of this stuff coming out of a Rex Ryan-involved regime.

YardRat
03-25-2015, 04:57 AM
I am getting less and less impressed as time goes on.

BADTHINGSMAN
03-25-2015, 05:04 AM
Hopefully somebody reminded them that the hot tub doesn't really go back in time. So getting Jim Kelly to play QB just can't happen.

Topas
03-25-2015, 05:32 AM
Relax guys. I think everybody fist pumped and stood up and somebody maybe made a joke and moved as if he was dancing. Normal stuff. But you should not leak this to the media because now everybody thinks they are not professional and only party.

I think having a strong bond does help. But you need not be too loyal (e.g. keep starting over-the-hill players) and you need to be working hard.
Sitting in a hot tub is neither an indicator for hard work and professionalism nor an indicator for not working hard. So relax.

Rex is Rex. And the good news is everybody seems to like working for him (players and coaches) and so we do actually attract FAs. So thats fine. Lets see if that translates to the field.

He actually reduced his antics (see the Jets Super Bowl guarantee) so I am fine.

DynaPaul
03-25-2015, 06:22 AM
I don't care how they celebrate as long as we're winning. I'm sure Kraft, Belichick, and Brady have their own homo parties.

Meathead
03-25-2015, 07:45 AM
personally i dont see anything wrong with this at all

Albany,n.y.
03-25-2015, 07:48 AM
Hopefully somebody reminded them that the hot tub doesn't really go back in time. So getting Jim Kelly to play QB just can't happen.

They're trying to go back in time to 2000 & draft Tom Brady. I hope they know that the key is that Russian drink.

Historian
03-25-2015, 07:49 AM
I think it's great.

Money cannot replace camaraderie, trust, and the open exchange of ideas and information.

They're building something special here.

justasportsfan
03-25-2015, 07:58 AM
wait.....they actually have meetings?

The way some posters here talk is that in the past, a meeting consist of Ralphy whispering to Russ his wishes while coaches and GM were waiting outside outside the bedroom door for the word.

- - - Updated - - -

Homo stuff

Was Kim in the hot tub with them?

Historian
03-25-2015, 08:00 AM
Don't worry Justa...it won't result in bestiality.

;)

better days
03-25-2015, 08:00 AM
"Pegula then noted that the camaraderie of the coaching staff is so strong, the coaches have meetings “sitting in the hot tub together” at the Bills’ training facility.

“It’s not a pretty sight,” Pegula said with a laugh. “But, as” offensive coordinator “Greg Roman pointed out, the players are going to feel” the bond that the coaches have with each other and the organization as a whole."

"Pegula said he also told McCoy that when the trade was completed, he and other members of the Bills’ hierarchy were dancing around on the Pegulas’ boat in Boca Raton, Fla., where some of the team’s planning meetings for the offseason were held".

http://mobile.buffalonews.com/sectionfront/content/?content=70983800&type=P1&story=Pegula%20says%20early%20plan%20fed%20Buffalo%20Bills%20offseason%20success

You can't make this stuff up...

You bolded & focused on the wrong sentences.

The camaraderie is the point of the story.

The Bills owners, front office & coaching staff are all on the same page, trying to build a winning team.

UNLIKE the Jets or the Bills the last two years.

Pinkerton Security
03-25-2015, 08:01 AM
I am getting less and less impressed as time goes on.

LOL why?!? Seriously, what about this is in any way a reflection of how they conduct business? Discussing team matters in a relaxed atmosphere, or getting excited about acquiring a stud running back - these seem normal to me.

HAMMER
03-25-2015, 08:01 AM
Homo stuff
Says the girly man that had to hold a Teddy Bear when he had Lasik.

Meathead
03-25-2015, 08:03 AM
the change in russ and especially whaley is blindingly obvious. they both went from projecting mostly hucksterism to being down to earth, approachable, real people. seems pretty clear thats the pegula effect

now whether that can work in the utterly plastic world of the nfl where blatant cheaters are viewed as geniuses idk. but i still like it

Night Train
03-25-2015, 08:12 AM
The old way was Ralph walking around in his funeral gray with Littman locking the snapper purse tight and having 25-30 Mil in unused cap space.

This way is far better.

Sorry if it scares some here that they're actually trying for once and not worrying about 2018 finances.

That way was an epic fail.

ZAZusmc03
03-25-2015, 08:17 AM
I love hearing stuff like this. The camaraderie and comfort level being high is always a plus. When comfort is there, people are less inclined to keep their opinions to themselves, making it far easier to discuss and manage the efforts of the team. I'm all for this.

justasportsfan
03-25-2015, 08:20 AM
Don't worry Justa...it won't result in bestiality.

;)

Equal rights for everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bigwave:

Meathead
03-25-2015, 08:25 AM
justa: fighting for the right to doink goats everywhere

The King
03-25-2015, 09:46 AM
http://www.billszone.com/wp-content/uploads/KCHTTM.png

justasportsfan
03-25-2015, 10:48 AM
justa: fighting for the right to doink goats everywhere
don't forget inbreeding.

Equal rights!!!!!!

Meathead
03-25-2015, 11:12 AM
looks like theyve seen you before

http://www.nannygoatsinpanties.com/wp-content/themes/primepress/headers/ngip%20header%20image%20bright%20900x224.jpg

justasportsfan
03-25-2015, 11:18 AM
you like the black ones don't ya?

03-25-2015, 02:07 PM
Your boss says get into the hot tub, you get into the hot tub.

When one of your bosses is Kim Pegula, you quietly slip a sleeping pill into Terry's rum & coke and enjoy the rest of the night in that hot tub with Kim.

The Jokeman
03-25-2015, 02:39 PM
you like the black ones don't ya?

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/002/135/sw50sw8sw578.gif

swiper
03-25-2015, 03:07 PM
personally i dont see anything wrong with this at all

There were no black men in the tub.

There you go.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-25-2015, 03:09 PM
I can understand the meetings in the hot tob, but did Ryan really need to wear water wings? I mean come on now.

Meathead
03-25-2015, 04:28 PM
no for justa its

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/wWqv8xmrEAhMs?html5=true" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

YardRat
03-25-2015, 04:35 PM
You people are a hoot. Rex is a dumbass when he takes the players out to Dave and Buster's to build team camaraderie, but a genius when he takes a bath with his coaching staff. Unbelievable.

Meathead
03-25-2015, 04:43 PM
ive always liked unconventional team building

my old boss that i worked for a long time used to take us all golfing once a week. he would come around at three oclock and if you werent ready to leave he would make fun of you until you did. no matter how much work you had he would take the pen from your hand and make you go. he also threw parties all the time, took us on trips, got us drunk on a regular basis. it was awesome. and he/we all made a ѕhitload of money bc we ran a super tight operation

idk if it will work for the bills in the long run but i hope it does

better days
03-26-2015, 07:56 AM
You people are a hoot. Rex is a dumbass when he takes the players out to Dave and Buster's to build team camaraderie, but a genius when he takes a bath with his coaching staff. Unbelievable.

There is a huge difference between off season & the night before a game.

It will be interesting to see if Rex lets loose with the players the night before a game again.

BillsOwnAll
03-26-2015, 02:38 PM
I don't care how they celebrate as long as we're winning. I'm sure Kraft, Belichick, and Brady and goodellhave their own homo parties. fixed

BertSquirtgum
03-26-2015, 02:49 PM
Homo stuff

NO

BertSquirtgum
03-26-2015, 02:54 PM
http://www.billszone.com/wp-content/uploads/KCHTTM.png

So great.

BertSquirtgum
03-26-2015, 02:57 PM

Are you losing it or what? Rex took his team out the night before a game. That was certainly a dumb ass move. These two situations are totally different and shouldn't even be in the same sentence as each other.

better days
03-26-2015, 03:30 PM
There were no black men in the tub.

There you go.

Thurman the DC is a black man.

swiper
03-26-2015, 03:36 PM
Thurman the DC is a black man.

Do you know exactly who was in the hot tub? I don't think so.

Nevertheless my post was facetious toward that poster.

better days
03-26-2015, 03:41 PM
Do you know exactly who was in the hot tub? I don't think so.

Nevertheless my post was facetious toward that poster.

I have no Idea who was in the Hot tub but it said Coaches.

And yeah, I know you were being facetious towards that poster, but aren't you always?

swiper
03-26-2015, 03:43 PM
No.

jamze132
03-27-2015, 01:02 PM
Rumor has it they couldn't invite Rex because of the foot thing...