PDA

View Full Version : Sabre Fans Disgrace Themselves Last Night

SpikedLemonade
03-27-2015, 09:05 AM
TH2N: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

In the latest edition of GBU, That's Hockey 2 Nite's Dave Reid goes straight to the ugly and lets Buffalo Sabres fans have it for cheering against their team on home ice.

http://www.tsn.ca/video/th2n-the-good-the-bad-the-ugly-1.241411

casdhf
03-27-2015, 09:12 AM
The product on ice is the disgrace. How can you not cheer for this dumpster fire to just burn out?

Night Train
03-27-2015, 09:19 AM
Toronto will always boo the Sabres and Bills. Not impressed.

Blame the NHL for setting up this system.

SpikedLemonade
03-27-2015, 09:19 AM
It is a planned intentional 2 year tank by management. A historic tank where the team lost 61 games last year followed by losing another 54 games thus far this year. That is a record by any non-new franchise NHL team.

Surely, the fans should have issues with management rather than with the players.

SpikedLemonade
03-27-2015, 09:21 AM

I do.

When the NHL tried to change it last summer, Murray screamed like the stuck pig that he is so only half measures were taken this year.

OpIv37
03-27-2015, 09:23 AM
It is a planned intentional 2 year tank by management. A historic tank where the team lost 61 games last year followed by losing another 54 games thus far this year. That is a record by any non-new franchise NHL team.

Surely, the fans should have issues with management rather than with the players.
One more time: PREVIOUS management ****ed this team.

The current management could have tried to do more and created a mediocre team that still wouldn't have made the playoffs, or they could accept this year and a loss and do everything they can to set us up for the future. They chose the latter and fans understand it.

If we don't win big and win soon, then I will have a problem with management.

THATHURMANATOR
03-27-2015, 10:01 AM
The main takeaway is WHO GIVES A ****???

When we have a superstar on our team no one will even remember. Only complete ******s want the sabres to win anymore games this year.

Plus I don't give a **** what anyone things about how someone feels about my actions over a free time and hobby of watching sports. To act like that has any crossover into my personal values or way of life is idiotic and sad.

THATHURMANATOR
03-27-2015, 10:03 AM

Are you ****ing with us? Seriously.

Yeah we Surely know it is an intentional tank WE SURELY KNOW THAT AND ARE ON BOARD.

Surely you know this and Surely you realize we have no issue with management or the players. SURELY right??

Skooby
03-27-2015, 10:18 AM
Anyone crying about the fans wanting a better product must realize that our current team sucks.

SpikedLemonade
03-27-2015, 10:20 AM
Anyone crying about the fans wanting a better product must realize that our current team sucks.

The point is that it sucks on purpose.

Planned to be that way.

Not for half a season after a bad start.

Not for one full season which is disgraceful in itself.

But rather for 2 full seasons.

Skooby
03-27-2015, 10:25 AM

Planned to be that way.

Planned to suck on purpose ?? You mean we didn't field enough young talent ??

OpIv37
03-27-2015, 10:27 AM

Planned to be that way.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9A63AD63F58F483B

don137
03-27-2015, 10:34 AM
The tank is like maxing out your IRA. You are giving up short term gain and sacrificing now in order to put yourself in the best position down the road.

Instead of wishing to get better like many other teams like the Leafs the Sabres actually have a rebuilding plan. Fans are buying into the plan.

I guess these people that don't get what the Sabres are doing also don't understand saving for retirement because if they did they would understand what the Sabres are doing is giving up now for enjoyment later and happy it is working out.

Dr. Who
03-27-2015, 10:37 AM
This is like Lucy with the football. Spiked just wants to incite with his self-righteous blather. This from a Bruins' fan.
As I've said in the past: over forty years of waiting for a Bills and Sabres championship. Meanwhile, rich Boston wins multiple championships in every major sport. So of course, the rich bastards are going to lecture the have nots. Certainly, follow their advice so you are a have not forever. The rich like it that way.

A tank for McEichel is a perfectly rational plan. I don't find it unethical and I think it's amusing that Sabres fans show intelligence by rooting for a loss that will help to ultimately produce a championship team.
It's not as if the players are shooting into their own net. The GM has wisely put together a team with a combination of youth that will get better and players without talent. The right mix = McEichel.

I have zero problem with this and not a shred of ethical qualms. Those who feel otherwise can cry all they want.

WagonCircler
03-27-2015, 11:21 AM
You know what would be unethical? If the actual players out there were taking a dive, like Sonny Liston or Jake LaMotta.

But they're not, and it's obvious that they're not. They're just not a good team, albeit designed that way by management, in a strategy to stockpile young talent and assets for rebuilding.

Not a God damned thing unethical about that, and criticizing fans who are wise to it and who are totally on board with the plan is nothing more than pissed off jealous Canadians and fans of other teams whining because their teams aren't in a position to do the exact same thing.

Oh, and some of them are still seething at Terry Pegula because he pimp-slapped Toronto when he bought the Bills and kept them here, where they belong.

Keep whining *****es. When McEichel is hoisting the Cup, nobody will remember any of this tank business.

yanklovver
03-27-2015, 11:26 AM
This Thread is Disgusting!.....A BRUIN FAN, so obsessed with our Tanking!.....Jealous Much!!!!!!.............

swiper
03-27-2015, 11:35 AM
One more time: PREVIOUS management ****ed this team.

Ville Leino? Really?

It's a convenient (and wrong) excuse to blame anyone but PEGULA. Step off the bandwagon and compare him to Daniel Snyder.

Comes in like a big shot. Throws money at a pile of crap and expects the money will correct everything.

It's just as SPIKED says. This is the WORST 2-year embarrassment in NHL history.

And if Bettman somehow gets away with letting Toronto or someone else get McDavid & Eichel then PEGULA should be run out of town on a rail.

NEWFLASH: Pegula isn't all that.

OpIv37
03-27-2015, 11:50 AM
Ville Leino? Really?

It's a convenient (and wrong) excuse to blame anyone but PEGULA. Step off the bandwagon and compare him to Daniel Snyder.

Comes in like a big shot. Throws money at a pile of crap and expects the money will correct everything.

It's just as SPIKED says. This is the WORST 2-year embarrassment in NHL history.

And if Bettman somehow gets away with letting Toronto or someone else get McDavid & Eichel then PEGULA should be run out of town on a rail.

NEWFLASH: Pegula isn't all that.
Well by previous management, I meant Regier and Ted Black.

Here's the deal: Pegula doesn't know hockey or football. He's just a fan like us who happens to have a zillion dollars from business unrelated to football. When he bought the team, he was just a giddy fan who bought Regier's BS and thought we were just a couple players away. He shelled out for the guys Regier wanted and we all know how that turned out.

Yes, Pegula has to take the blame for that but really he should let the hockey people make the hockey decisions and he appears to be doing that now.

SpikedLemonade
03-27-2015, 11:51 AM

"But...but...but...there was no other way. Thank GOD our GM came up with this brilliant record breaking strategy. Now the Stanley Cup is automatically ours and we deserve it..."

Downinfloflo
03-27-2015, 12:38 PM
I'm shocked the fans were not chanting Allahu Akbar...

JATM likes to say the NHL wanted to take "Hockey Town' from Detroit..:mehmeh:

Buffalo is more like "Hockey Clowns"

SpikedLemonade
03-27-2015, 12:47 PM
"But...but...but...what did you want the Sabres to do? Try to win like the rest of the league does? Why? Losing is much easier to do..."

Downinfloflo
03-27-2015, 12:56 PM
"But...but...but...what did you want the Sabres to do? Try to win like the rest of the league does? Why? Losing is much easier to do..."

You'll be crying 5 years from now when they make the playoffs..

Your just jealous..They have a bunch of players in the pipeline that might be able to play in the NHL one day.

And they have a 20% chance at a player that may be as good as Patrice one day..

Take that.....looser!!!

SpikedLemonade
03-27-2015, 01:20 PM
All potential and no reality.

The Buffalo ProjectsTM

BuffaloRedleg
03-27-2015, 01:23 PM

If only the Bills had listened to you and tanked to get Cam Newton

SpikedLemonade
03-27-2015, 01:30 PM
If only the Bills had listened to you and tanked to get Cam Newton

Only when we started out at 0-8 in 2010. When half way through the season you are already out of the play-offs and ending up last guarantees you the 1st draft pick (not a 20% lottery chance for the 1st), then I'm all for finishing the season in last place.

Can you see the difference between that bad start in the NFL and a planned 2 year tank in the NHL?

JATMtheJATM
03-27-2015, 01:35 PM
Well by previous management, I meant Regier and Ted Black.

Here's the deal: Pegula doesn't know hockey or football. He's just a fan like us who happens to have a zillion dollars from business unrelated to football. When he bought the team, he was just a giddy fan who bought Regier's BS and thought we were just a couple players away. He shelled out for the guys Regier wanted and we all know how that turned out.

Yes, Pegula has to take the blame for that but really he should let the hockey people make the hockey decisions and he appears to be doing that now.

ive noticed that myself. pegula was always in the headlines the first year he bought the team, pulling the strings. now he just seems to be in the background, doing what he should be doing, letting hockey people make hockey decisions. if a player needs to be swayed, let him to his work, fine.

chernobylwraiths
03-27-2015, 01:49 PM
So, let me get this straight, we have a Rangers fan living in Florida and a Bruins fan living in Canada telling Sabres fans living in Buffalo how they should feel about their home team?

chernobylwraiths
03-27-2015, 01:51 PM
ive noticed that myself. pegula was always in the headlines the first year he bought the team, pulling the strings. now he just seems to be in the background, doing what he should be doing, letting hockey people make hockey decisions. if a player needs to be swayed, let him to his work, fine.

I don't think Pegula every really pulled strings except for helping convince players to come to Buffalo when his GM targeted them. Kind of like he is doing for the Bills.

JATMtheJATM
03-27-2015, 01:54 PM
I don't think Pegula every really pulled strings except for helping convince players to come to Buffalo when his GM targeted them. Kind of like he is doing for the Bills.

i somewhat disagree. he was like mark cuban there for a while, always seen in everything the sabres do. i felt like he was trying to do too much.

Ginger Vitis
03-27-2015, 01:58 PM
Only when we started out at 0-8 in 2010.

You were pissed off when EJ Manuel led the Bills to a last minute TD drive to beat the Carolina Panthers the 2nd game of the season in 2013.. You must have been beating off to Jadeveon Clowney and wanted the Bills to pick 1st overall in 2014

Downinfloflo
03-27-2015, 02:04 PM
So, let me get this straight, we have a Rangers fan living in Florida and a Bruins fan living in Canada telling Sabres fans living in Buffalo how they should feel about their home team?

I'm from the Bronx..And yes I live on the beach now, Much better life, I don't have to beat any ones ass on my way to the store.

Is this post of yours suppose to make sense??

Dude
03-27-2015, 02:05 PM
Meh. Who gives a **** what they think? Fans of other teams can show their jealousy and get pissed and start faux outrage threads until their fingers fall off. Doesn't change a thing.

SpikedLemonade
03-27-2015, 02:06 PM
#sabres (https://vine.co/tags/sabres)fans roar after Coyotes winning goal#McEichel (https://vine.co/tags/McEichel)

https://vine.co/u/944167045363310592

Downinfloflo
03-27-2015, 02:07 PM
Meh. Who gives a **** what they think? Fans of other teams can show their jealousy and get pissed and start faux outrage threads until their fingers fall off. Doesn't change a thing.

WTF is up with you guys and this jealousy ****....LOL

What do I have to be jealous of??

Your team is trying to be as good as my team....:tired:

Dude
03-27-2015, 02:09 PM
If you weren't jealous your panties wouldn't be so wadded up about the Sabres. I can't think of any other reason why a ranger fan would obsess over them.

SpikedLemonade
03-27-2015, 02:10 PM
What do I have to be jealous of??

2 unsuccessful Stanley Cup Finals appearances in 45 years of existence.

I'm sooooooooooooooooo jealous.

Bills won the AFL in the early 60's before football was really a true professional league.

How about those Bandits?

Dude
03-27-2015, 02:12 PM
Well as I said I can't think of any other reason for this unnatural obsession you two have, so I'm sticking with jealousy.

Downinfloflo
03-27-2015, 02:14 PM
If you weren't jealous your panties wouldn't be so wadded up about the Sabres. I can't think of any other reason why a ranger fan would obsess over them.

I'm here because your inferiority complex is fascinating, It's a great insight into the fragile mind.

ParanoidAndroid
03-27-2015, 04:48 PM
Watching flo and spiked 69 each other in every thread is awesome.

Dude
03-27-2015, 05:00 PM
I'm here because your inferiority complex is fascinating, It's a great insight into the fragile mind.
I'm not impressed. I only hope you care as much about the Sabres when they're winning as you do about them now. Otherwise all of the attention you've paid them over the past few months would be a bit of a sham.

DetDannyWilliams
03-27-2015, 05:00 PM
Speaking via email to The Buffalo News, NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly said the league had no specific comments on Thursday night's overtime loss to Arizona as questions continue to surround the way both teams have been sliding down the stretch to angle for the top spot in the league's draft lottery. Buffalo fans openly cheered for all four Arizona goals in the Coyotes' 4-3 win.
"This entire story and angle is overblown and exaggerated. I am quite certain that there was not a single participant in last night's contest that wasn't trying to win the game," Daly wrote. "The fact that fans may be looking longer term and bigger picture is not surprising, and ultimately, is really up to them.

WagonCircler
03-27-2015, 05:06 PM
I'm not impressed. I only hope you care as much about the Sabres when they're winning as you do about them now. Otherwise all of the attention you've paid them over the past few months would be a bit of a sham.

I unblocked FloFlo to read his imbecillic nonsense. Wow. A guy who is allegedly from the Bronx, who now allegedly lives in Florida, who spends DOZENS of hours every day on a BUFFALO message board.

The word "Pathetic" has a new definition.

DetDannyWilliams
03-27-2015, 05:10 PM
Keep digging Harrington...you moron, NO even better isn't MLB season and the Bisons starting soon? WHY DON'T YOU GO COVER THE BISONS and MLB WHICH THE NEWS HIRED YOU TO DO AND STOP GOING AFTER THE SABRES!

Woodman
03-27-2015, 05:17 PM
Losing is winning so let's hope this current streak continues .... at least for now.

JATMtheJATM
03-27-2015, 06:01 PM
http://deadspin.com/in-a-whole-new-low-buffalo-fans-cheer-sabres-loss-1694015501?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Deadspin gets it.

SpikedLemonade
03-27-2015, 06:06 PM
...It was exceedingly weird to an observer, and for some Sabres players, the fan reactions were annoying. Defenseman Mike Weber called it "a whole new low (http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=791778)."

"I've always spoken extremely high of our fans. I don't even know if disappointed is the word. They score that first one, our fans are cheering. Late penalty, they cheer. They cheer when they score to win the game. I don't even know what to say. This is extremely frustrating for us. We don't want to be here. We understand where we are. We understand what this team's doing, what the organization's doing, the place we've put ourselves in. But I've never been a part of something like that, where the away team comes into a home building, and they're cheering for them. Again, I respect our fans, I love our fans, I show up to work everyday to whatever I can for them, and to play hard for them and my teammates. Again, obviously I've never seen that before. I don't know what else to say.

"This is two years in a row now. Physically, mentally, this is...this sucks. To compound things, you have your home fans cheering against you, kinda. Again, I've never been a part of that, obviously, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger I guess, but this is a whole new low right now."

Weber's frustration is entirely understandable: players don't tank, front offices do.....

YardRat
03-27-2015, 06:17 PM
What a cluster**** professional sports has become for Buffalo in such a short period of time. An extended tank, topped off with 'fans' openly cheering for an opposing team on home ice hoping for a loss. Add to that a new football head coach that is a carnival barker and likes to take baths with his assistants. Embarrassing. Pretty sad when current events lend one to look back on 15 years of ****ing mediocrity as the closest thing we have to be proud of.

I feel bad for the players, one of them needs to stand up and tell the 'fans' to **** off.

Novacane
03-27-2015, 07:55 PM
...It was exceedingly weird to an observer, and for some Sabres players, the fan reactions were annoying. Defenseman Mike Weber called it "a whole new low (http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=791778)."

"I've always spoken extremely high of our fans. I don't even know if disappointed is the word. They score that first one, our fans are cheering. Late penalty, they cheer. They cheer when they score to win the game. I don't even know what to say. This is extremely frustrating for us. We don't want to be here. We understand where we are. We understand what this team's doing, what the organization's doing, the place we've put ourselves in. But I've never been a part of something like that, where the away team comes into a home building, and they're cheering for them. Again, I respect our fans, I love our fans, I show up to work everyday to whatever I can for them, and to play hard for them and my teammates. Again, obviously I've never seen that before. I don't know what else to say.

"This is two years in a row now. Physically, mentally, this is...this sucks. To compound things, you have your home fans cheering against you, kinda. Again, I've never been a part of that, obviously, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger I guess, but this is a whole new low right now."

Weber's frustration is entirely understandable: players don't tank, front offices do.....
Well he will be part of it again Monday. I expect the same from coyote fans. Any smart fan wants to lose at this point.

As for Weber? I love the fans? I Show up to work to do whatever I can for them? Please. Players don't give a crap about fans. He shows up for the paycheck!

Dude
03-27-2015, 08:24 PM
Meh

Skooby
03-27-2015, 08:30 PM
What a cluster**** professional sports has become for Buffalo in such a short period of time. An extended tank, topped off with 'fans' openly cheering for an opposing team on home ice hoping for a loss. Add to that a new football head coach that is a carnival barker and likes to take baths with his assistants. Embarrassing. Pretty sad when current events lend one to look back on 15 years of ****ing mediocrity as the closest thing we have to be proud of.

I feel bad for the players, one of them needs to stand up and tell the 'fans' to **** off.

Players need to play hard and work, they don't get paid to be friends with the fans but work on the ice.

OpIv37
03-27-2015, 08:33 PM
A few weeks ago, I went to the 6-1 shellacking by the Caps in DC. Before the game, I knew there was a possibility that it would get out of hand, and I told myself I would sarcastically cheer with the Caps "fans" if it happened.

But when it happened, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I understand that losses help us now. I understand that goal differential and goals scored are tiebreakwrs, and doing worse will be good in the long term. I understand that the future depends on us getting our share of McEichel. But in the moment, it still felt like ****.

DetDannyWilliams
03-27-2015, 08:48 PM
Howard Simon understands tanking

<iframe src="http://media.wgr550.com/audio-embed/103684907/embed.htm?width=500&height=350" width="500" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" style="border:0;padding:0;margin:0"></iframe>

Skooby
03-27-2015, 08:55 PM
A few weeks ago, I went to the 6-1 shellacking by the Caps in DC. Before the game, I knew there was a possibility that it would get out of hand, and I told myself I would sarcastically cheer with the Caps "fans" if it happened.

But when it happened, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I understand that losses help us now. I understand that goal differential and goals scored are tiebreakwrs, and doing worse will be good in the long term. I understand that the future depends on us getting our share of McEichel. But in the moment, it still felt like ****.

You've been watching the Bills flop in **** for years getting close to getting a QB for the team and the Sabres are on the verge of getting a real leader, yet you don't feel good?

JATMtheJATM
03-27-2015, 09:50 PM
http://m.thn.com/blog/when-this-much-is-at-stake-who-can-blame-sabres-fans-for-cheering-for-losses/

Ken Campbell is for the sabres fans cheering the loss

OpIv37
03-27-2015, 10:04 PM
You've been watching the Bills flop in **** for years getting close to getting a QB for the team and the Sabres are on the verge of getting a real leader, yet you don't feel good?

Yeah well I was in that arena after the 02-03 lockout when entire sections of the stadium were empty. A city 5x the size of Buffalo could barely manage 13k fans. We are having an historically bad season and are still at 97% capacity. I can't stand those Johnny-come-lately poseurs who don't know jack **** about hockey celebrating at our expense.

Skooby
03-27-2015, 11:23 PM
Yeah well I was in that arena after the 02-03 lockout when entire sections of the stadium were empty. A city 5x the size of Buffalo could barely manage 13k fans. We are having an historically bad season and are still at 97% capacity. I can't stand those Johnny-come-lately poseurs who don't know jack **** about hockey celebrating at our expense.

Regardless, I've spent a good part of the 80's partaking in a lot of BS and I can tell you that anyone that thinks hoping for a negative event for a positive event is a tough road to travel. If they set up for the Sabres to not currently perform well then it's their choice and not mine, I only hope for our future success. Right now, the Sabres suck and need major help. It will come from the draft and youth in place if it's going to happen, most likely a mix of both.

Anyone debating on the worst teams in the NHL should simply look at the standings, we currently look terrible.

snow1989
03-28-2015, 05:59 AM
As far as the fans cheering the opposition....openly....yes, I think that is a problem and frankly shows little class. Yes, I get the "big picture" , but the players aren't tanking. The tank is managements doing. I hate to see our players publically embarrased on our own ice. Sports is a microcasm of business today in general. Ever notice how a place goes out of business, but the CEO has a $ 5 million golden parachute? Except in this case the parachute is McDavid or Eichel.

As for Spikes 2 yr tank plan. Umm, whose plan? Considering management changes. Did Darcy whisper it in Murray's ear? Or did Murray have his own ideas about building a team? Rolston give Nolan tips? Doubtful. Different management, different ideas....simply nonsense about a 2 yr tank, but yes, I know your here to just stir the pot.

Flo? I get the pot stirring bit, but c'mon....the bruins are still on the outside looking in. Ottawa and Florida playing better....Chara on one leg with a contract never to be unloaded, and a few other bad contracts. Lucky if they make round 2. ( ya, ya you can comment that at least you made the playoffs, but that and a $1.40 gets you a cup of coffee...)

coastal
03-28-2015, 06:13 AM
From one of the comments to the article jamjam...

Good luck to you.
Honestly, as a Leaf fan, I'm envious. Tank, baby, tank, don't be mediocre, one day be great.

coastal
03-28-2015, 06:17 AM
As far as the fans cheering the opposition....openly....yes, I think that is a problem and frankly shows little class. Yes, I get the "big picture" , but the players aren't tanking. The tank is managements doing. I hate to see our players publically embarrased on our own ice. Sports is a microcasm of business today in general. Ever notice how a place goes out of business, but the CEO has a $ 5 million golden parachute? Except in this case the parachute is McDavid or Eichel.

As for Spikes 2 yr tank plan. Umm, whose plan? Considering management changes. Did Darcy whisper it in Murray's ear? Or did Murray have his own ideas about building a team? Rolston give Nolan tips? Doubtful. Different management, different ideas....simply nonsense about a 2 yr tank, but yes, I know your here to just stir the pot.

Flo? I get the pot stirring bit, but c'mon....the bruins are still on the outside looking in. Ottawa and Florida playing better....Chara on one leg with a contract never to be unloaded, and a few other bad contracts. Lucky if they make round 2. ( ya, ya you can comment that at least you made the playoffs, but that and a $1.40 gets you a cup of coffee...)
Flo is a Ranger's fan dumbass.

WagonCircler
03-28-2015, 09:24 AM
As far as the fans cheering the opposition....openly....yes, I think that is a problem and frankly shows little class. Yes, I get the "big picture" , but the players aren't tanking. The tank is managements doing. I hate to see our players publically embarrased on our own ice.

I don't know. The fans who are "openly rooting" for the other teams are not doing so with anger at the Sabres. It's not like they're screaming or swearing at or even booing the Sabres, as often happens in other buildings, like Leafs fans pouring scorn on their own Captain.

Sabres fans who tape Coyotes logos over their the crest of their Sabres jerseys are trying to have a little fun. They're not angry at the team or the players. We've suffered through one of the worst seasons by any franchise in NHL history, yet we still fill the building and still have a sense of humor and optimism.

Our patience will be rewarded.

snow1989
03-28-2015, 10:16 AM
Flo is a Ranger's fan dumbass.

Fine. I was in error....but thats all you had to say.

coastal
03-28-2015, 10:19 AM
I know but I'm not nice.

WagonCircler
03-28-2015, 02:26 PM

Actually, he was right. He just got the words in the wrong order.

Flo is a dumbass Rangers fan.

ckg927
03-28-2015, 04:07 PM
Toronto will always boo the Sabres and Bills. Not impressed.

Unlike Toronto, WE don't throw our jerseys onto the ice! (Or, for that matter, anything we can get our hands on that isn't nailed down.)

T.O.'s just pissed that we decided to tank before they did. And, the Laffs...sorry, Pinch-A-Loaves are STILL our bee-yotch and have been ever since we entered the league 45 years ago.

SpikedLemonade
03-28-2015, 04:18 PM
Pinch-A-Loaves are STILL our bee-yotch and have been ever since we entered the league 45 years ago.

Only the Leafs?

In those 45 storied years with a grand total of 2 unsuccessful Stanley Cup Final appearances, the Sabres must have one or two more moral victories to fit right in with the proud history of professional sports in Buffalo.

ckg927
03-28-2015, 04:40 PM
Only the Leafs?

In those 45 storied years with a grand total of 2 unsuccessful Stanley Cup Final appearances, the Sabres must have one or two more moral victories to fit right in with the proud history of professional sports in Buffalo.

That's STILL one more SCF than the Leafs had in that time frame. And we beat the Leafs to get to the SCF in 1999.

SpikedLemonade
04-01-2015, 06:03 PM
The only way to disgrace yourself more than rooting in your own arena for the visiting team to beat your team is to boo your own team for winning in your own arena.

I think the Sabre fans can achieve tonight.

casdhf
04-01-2015, 06:24 PM
Nah. Tank on.

SpikedLemonade
04-01-2015, 06:27 PM
The cheers for the Leafs goal was much much louder than after the Sabres goal.

casdhf
04-01-2015, 06:28 PM
Why? It's like we dont give a ****!

SpikedLemonade
04-01-2015, 08:29 PM
Did you see fans dressed in Sabres jerseys booing after the final whistle?

Skooby
04-01-2015, 08:46 PM
Did you see fans dressed in Sabres jerseys booing after the final whistle?
Maybe they believe on the leafs, did you see the leafs fans cheering ??

yanklovver
04-01-2015, 08:53 PM
Hey Mitch, don't bother debating with this obsessed so called sabre/bruin fan! He's a joke! He loves the attention on this board.

SpikedLemonade
04-01-2015, 08:54 PM
Maybe they believe on the leafs, did you see the leafs fans cheering ??

Only when the Leafs scored.

Mace
04-01-2015, 10:30 PM
I'm rooting for the Sabres and Nolan like anything to stand up, salvage an iota of pride, utterly ruin the tank, and make "fans" suck up years of failure and watch McDavid & Eichel savage the league on other teams so they're stuck forever remembering how they rooted for them to lose for a rebuilding effort that amounted to the rebuilding effort they already made, and good for them.

It's about the only way I'll still pay attention to the Sabres after this season.

"Oh no, they didn't lose good enough like we wanted after not winning good enough like we wanted and can I have another helping of that delicious 'loser' please thank you !"

Win out and make people cry that they won too much. Sleep well Nolan, with a farewell blown kiss to the organization.

chernobylwraiths
04-02-2015, 05:29 AM
I'm rooting for the Sabres and Nolan like anything to stand up, salvage an iota of pride, utterly ruin the tank, and make "fans" suck up years of failure and watch McDavid & Eichel savage the league on other teams so they're stuck forever remembering how they rooted for them to lose for a rebuilding effort that amounted to the rebuilding effort they already made, and good for them.

It's about the only way I'll still pay attention to the Sabres after this season.

"Oh no, they didn't lose good enough like we wanted after not winning good enough like we wanted and can I have another helping of that delicious 'loser' please thank you !"

Win out and make people cry that they won too much. Sleep well Nolan, with a farewell blown kiss to the organization.

Win now so you can suck for years to come? Brilliant strategy.

I get the whole integrity idea, but then we are talking about sports and the NHL in particular. Can you say integrity and NHL in the same sentence?

Dude
04-02-2015, 06:11 AM
So Spiked not only trolls Sabres message boards, he also watches their games.

Bruins fan? Not likely.

SpikedLemonade
04-02-2015, 06:19 AM

That was beautiful.

I have a tear running down my cheek after reading that.

Skooby
04-02-2015, 06:57 AM
That was beautiful.

I have a tear running down my cheek after reading that.

Tears of joy for a plan that helps hinder us for success, what a dream. Anyone that thinks not getting the best talent in a generation is mighty stupid, which is beyond stupid. Many of the top 1/2 NHL draft choices have had major amounts of success, it really tails off from there but some of you want to go with the wind.

Get your heads out of yer' keisters & let the tank flow !!

Dr. Who
04-02-2015, 09:11 AM

I get the whole integrity idea, but then we are talking about sports and the NHL in particular. Can you say integrity and NHL in the same sentence?

The team was set up so that it could play hard and lose. It was a rational decision. What Nolan is doing now is sticking it to TM and to the only city willing to give him a chance to be head coach in the NHL. He's going to be gloating in Latvia after all this is over. There's zero loss of integrity in trying to get McEichel. The so-called fans who can't see this are stupid as hell.

SpikedLemonade
04-02-2015, 09:14 AM
So Spiked not only trolls Sabres message boards, he also watches their games.

Bruins fan? Not likely.

I like hockey so I watch it even when the Bruins aren't playing.

But you are right -- I am now a Sabres fan.

SpikedLemonade
04-02-2015, 09:17 AM
The team was set up so that it could play hard and lose. It was a rational decision. What Nolan is doing now is sticking it to TM and to the only city willing to give him a chance to be head coach in the NHL. He's going to be gloating in Latvia after all this is over. There's zero loss of integrity in trying to get McEichel. The so-called fans who can't see this are stupid as hell.

At least that was classier than what was on WGR's Facebook page after last night's win where Sabre fans posted he should go back to the Rez or go screw one or more of the Sabres goal scorers wives.

Dude
04-02-2015, 09:31 AM
I like hockey so I watch it even when the Bruins aren't playing.

But you are right -- I am now a Sabres fan.What Coyotes and Leafs boards do you spread your anti-tanking gospel on?

chernobylwraiths
04-02-2015, 09:32 AM
At least that was classier than what was on WGR's Facebook page after last night's win where Sabre fans posted he should go back to the Rez or go screw one or more of the Sabres goal scorers wives.

A bit ironic that you are talking about class?

SpikedLemonade
04-02-2015, 09:32 AM
What Coyotes and Leafs boards do you spread your anti-tanking gospel on?

I am rooting for the Sabres to win. Why the hostility?

Dude
04-02-2015, 09:35 AM
I am rooting for the Sabres to win. Why the hostility?
You're a ****ty Bruins fan.

SpikedLemonade
04-02-2015, 09:37 AM
You're a ****ty Bruins fan.

But a better Sabres fan?

Thanks.

Dude
04-02-2015, 09:39 AM
But a better Sabres fan?

Thanks.
If you were really a Sabres fan, then you would be ****ty for cheering for the Bruins.

Either way you slice it I guess.

SpikedLemonade
04-02-2015, 09:42 AM
If you were really a Sabres fan, then you would be ****ty for cheering for the Bruins.

Either way you slice it I guess.

I would have thought all Sabre fans by now would be used to having another team they can root for once the play-offs start.

The Bruins are my play-off team.

It is good to have skin in the game.

In that regard, the Leafs are my lottery team.

Dude
04-02-2015, 11:17 AM
As a (real) Sabres fan, I've never rooted for another team in the playoffs.

Mace
04-02-2015, 04:23 PM

Lose now and hope nothing goes wrong and you don't suck anyway for years to come is an even more brilliant strategy based on blessed maybe. Last time I checked, blessed maybe which works for other people doesn't always work for everyone. My mother used to tell me "you aren't other people" when I was ten. Worked fine for me.

Amazingly, some teams build and maintain winning organizations without concerted two year efforts to lose. It just takes (gasp) skillful focused effort by quality personnel dedicated to the task.

It's silly to think McEichel isn't a knee or some concussions away from having no effect at all from a wasted career. Sorry, but McEichel is no guarantee of Stanley Cups and glory.

It's fine if anyone can shade, reinvent or subvert their own principles to root against their own team, pretending they'll stand again behind the shining shield of ethics when their purpose has been served, but I don't buy it and have no respect for it. Experience has also taught me that people who cave in on such things in one area cheerfully, make it a habit in other areas as it suits their purpose.

Given the choice of hard work and building a consistent winner or taking the loser's shortcut to maybe, is still an easy choice for me and I'm not the least sorry about it. I'm not trying to convince anyone, just stating my opinions.

They have a deep rich talent pool as it is, that they can use to construct a path to success, and Murray strikes me as capable of doing it without the need for this.

I'll say again, I hope they win out, break the hearts of those who embrace Losing, and Nolan laughs and quits on his own terms.

Society has become a lazy, selfish beast, consumed with justifying itself for any means to an end, but doesn't mean I have to go along with it or respect it any. It's comical to think it makes anyone think I'm less of a fan because of it. Flips the ethics right around in a perfect example of something obviously not healthy in a mindset for those who do try and say it.

Will be funnier than anything to me to hear people gnashing their teeth if they don't get McEichel, and drowning in sorrows for years to come in regretting a Buffalo sports team wasn't a good enough loser while making pretend they want Buffalo teams to be winners by not winning.

Or, just keep hoping they'll lose year to year so they can get more and better picks and one day, someone will push a magic button and insta winner !

Not for me thanks.

SpikedLemonade
04-02-2015, 05:27 PM
Well said sir.

Well said.

Downinfloflo
04-02-2015, 06:02 PM
Nice to see you folks are still in meltdown mode..

Go Sabres!!!:bravo:

Downinfloflo
04-02-2015, 06:08 PM
Lose now and hope nothing goes wrong and you don't suck anyway for years to come is an even more brilliant strategy based on blessed maybe. Last time I checked, blessed maybe which works for other people doesn't always work for everyone. My mother used to tell me "you aren't other people" when I was ten. Worked fine for me.

Amazingly, some teams build and maintain winning organizations without concerted two year efforts to lose. It just takes (gasp) skillful focused effort by quality personnel dedicated to the task.

It's silly to think McEichel isn't a knee or some concussions away from having no effect at all from a wasted career. Sorry, but McEichel is no guarantee of Stanley Cups and glory.

It's fine if anyone can shade, reinvent or subvert their own principles to root against their own team, pretending they'll stand again behind the shining shield of ethics when their purpose has been served, but I don't buy it and have no respect for it. Experience has also taught me that people who cave in on such things in one area cheerfully, make it a habit in other areas as it suits their purpose.

Given the choice of hard work and building a consistent winner or taking the loser's shortcut to maybe, is still an easy choice for me and I'm not the least sorry about it. I'm not trying to convince anyone, just stating my opinions.

They have a deep rich talent pool as it is, that they can use to construct a path to success, and Murray strikes me as capable of doing it without the need for this.

I'll say again, I hope they win out, break the hearts of those who embrace Losing, and Nolan laughs and quits on his own terms.

Society has become a lazy, selfish beast, consumed with justifying itself for any means to an end, but doesn't mean I have to go along with it or respect it any. It's comical to think it makes anyone think I'm less of a fan because of it. Flips the ethics right around in a perfect example of something obviously not healthy in a mindset for those who do try and say it.

Will be funnier than anything to me to hear people gnashing their teeth if they don't get McEichel, and drowning in sorrows for years to come in regretting a Buffalo sports team wasn't a good enough loser while making pretend they want Buffalo teams to be winners by not winning.

Or, just keep hoping they'll lose year to year so they can get more and better picks and one day, someone will push a magic button and insta winner !

Not for me thanks.

You just ran off half the posters with this...

Every team in the NHL (besides Buffalo and Arizona) has a player as good or better than McDavid and Eichel..

Adding either one to your team will sell tickets, Not win you a Cup, That takes a deep 3 line team that could care less about individual stats, And superb goal tending.

Dude
04-02-2015, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the lecture, guys.

JATMtheJATM
04-02-2015, 07:11 PM
As a (real) Sabres fan, I've never rooted for another team in the playoffs.

I want Vancouver to win. Break the curse of the 1970 clubs.

Mace
04-02-2015, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the lecture, guys.

I have more, 5 for a dollar, custom tailored to an argument, both sides of it even, and counter arguments to myself. You could pay me in billzone bucks but they are not working Mister Man.

Dr. Who
04-03-2015, 10:44 AM
I have more, 5 for a dollar, custom tailored to an argument, both sides of it even, and counter arguments to myself. You could pay me in billzone bucks but they are not working Mister Man.

The eristics of the sophists were designed to win arguments, not discover the truth. They were exactly attuned to arguing both sides, though they lacked the humor of Socratic irony.
Laughing self-mockery saves you from a dangerous state of soul, but you're still wrong about the Sabres.

Mace
04-03-2015, 03:26 PM
The eristics of the sophists were designed to win arguments, not discover the truth. They were exactly attuned to arguing both sides, though they lacked the humor of Socratic irony.
Laughing self-mockery saves you from a dangerous state of soul, but you're still wrong about the Sabres.

You clearly win this round, Who. I'll be back some day though.

Novacane
04-04-2015, 06:36 AM
I bet the place was roaring in the last 2 minutes last night! Were any of you there?

YardRat
04-04-2015, 10:53 AM
I read a blurb this morning that called the called 'predominantly pro-Black Hawks'.

BertSquirtgum
04-04-2015, 09:11 PM
I don't understand why this thread exists. The game wasn't played in Buffalo. So why would any Sabres fan be judged for what happened in Arizona?

SpikedLemonade
04-04-2015, 09:24 PM
I don't understand why this thread exists. The game wasn't played in Buffalo. So why would any Sabres fan be judged for what happened in Arizona?

This thread was started after the Coyotes game in Buffalo.

JATMtheJATM
04-04-2015, 09:24 PM
I think it was over the game in Buffalo