PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Land Draft Idea

coastal
03-28-2015, 07:56 AM
Right now my laughable Leafs are only 6 points removed from being tied with Arizona. It's not inconceivable for the Leafs to lose out. Their current level of tank is even more impressive than the Sabres.

So... here's my thought...

we finish 30th and WIN the lottery. The Laughs finish 29th and get to select 2nd overall.

We trade the Leafs the first pick overall in exchange for the 2nd pick overall, their late first round pick and Phil Kessel.

Now before everyone goes all Phil and starts hacking at my ankles... Phil is an American. Eichel is an American. McDavid is built for Toronto and is Canadian.

There is a synergy to this and I would consider it. A top line of Kane, Eichel and Kessel is more than intriguing. Follow that up with a second line of Ennis, ROR and Grigorenko and third line of Foligno, Girgensons and Gionta.

Skooby
03-28-2015, 09:10 AM
GF yourself, you win the lottery and you keep the prize.

coastal
03-28-2015, 09:14 AM
You realize we have no right wing whatsoever on this team.

Skooby
03-28-2015, 09:39 AM

We also don't have a real coach, that's where it starts when the season ends.

ICRockets
03-28-2015, 09:56 AM
I wouldn't hate this if it happened, but I really really really want Connor McDavid.

coastal
03-28-2015, 10:06 AM
We also don't have a real coach, that's where it starts when the season ends.
Quit ass talking. One has nothing to do with the other right now. Look... we have no scoring down the right side. None.

if we are able to still add a generational, first line, franchise player down the middle AND a RW who can lead the league in scoring at the same time AND getW an extra first round pick... and all you have to give up is a kid who looks right now like a future Hall-of-Famer... I think you consider it.

then imagine a trade for ROR and a free agent signing of Frolik. A second line of Tyler Ennis, ROR and Frolik certainly sounds like a group that wouldn't struggle one iota with puck possession.

Then imagine a third line of Foligno, Girgensons and Moulson.

Then imagine a fourth line of Deslauriers, Larson and Gionta.

then imagine Risto/Weber... Bogosian/Pysyck...

Goalies are ****ing goalies and I hate them all so who cares, but the point remains... that's a playoff roster.

Novacane
03-28-2015, 11:49 AM
Add their next years #1 and I'd think about it

don137
03-28-2015, 12:38 PM
No GM should ever entertain the idea of trading The rights to draft McDavid.

mightysimi
03-28-2015, 12:40 PM
Are you giving up Reinhart to get O'Reilly?

OpIv37
03-28-2015, 01:01 PM
Kessel is damaged goods.

JATMtheJATM
03-28-2015, 01:57 PM

Grigo might be this teams best option at RW depending on this summer.

coastal
03-28-2015, 02:03 PM
Grigo might be this teams best option at RW depending on this summer.
That's scary.

coastal
03-28-2015, 02:04 PM
Are you giving up Reinhart to get O'Reilly?
our 2nd 1st rounder, Grigs and McCabe

JATMtheJATM
03-28-2015, 02:04 PM
That's scary.

Well, we will see what we got in him at least.

Ginger Vitis
03-28-2015, 02:15 PM
Well, we will see what we got in him at least.

Maybe not.. Sources have told WGR 550 Tim Murray will deal Grigorenko at the draft

JATMtheJATM
03-28-2015, 02:28 PM
Maybe not.. Sources have told WGR 550 Tim Murray will deal Grigorenko at the draft

wouldnt be shocked if he does, honestly. but if they keep him and have to use him at RW over the course of the season, well, we will learn plenty.

casdhf
03-28-2015, 04:42 PM
I want a Lindross type deal.

coastal
03-29-2015, 10:52 AM
Here's another mental mastabatory creation...

someone besides Arizona or Buffalo wins the lottery, forcing the Yotes into the 3rd overall pick slot. Darcy picks up the phone to call Murray, "Hey, Tankmaster Tim! How's that seat I kept warm for you doing? Just spit balling here... but we have 2/3rds of the line that dominated the 2015 WJCs... we're interested in that 3rd piece. Any chance you'd take our 3rd pick overall for Sam Reinhart?"

How should Murray respond?

snow1989
03-29-2015, 12:24 PM

Who do the Avs have on right wing? Coach Roy has been very high on Grigo

JATMtheJATM
03-29-2015, 03:23 PM
Here's another mental mastabatory creation...

someone besides Arizona or Buffalo wins the lottery, forcing the Yotes into the 3rd overall pick slot. Darcy picks up the phone to call Murray, "Hey, Tankmaster Tim! How's that seat I kept warm for you doing? Just spit balling here... but we have 2/3rds of the line that dominated the 2015 WJCs... we're interested in that 3rd piece. Any chance you'd take our 3rd pick overall for Sam Reinhart?"

How should Murray respond?
reinhart for a chance at strome? hmmmmm.

coastal
03-29-2015, 03:24 PM
reinhart for a chance at strome? hmmmmm.
Hanafin

JATMtheJATM
03-29-2015, 03:25 PM
Hanafin

or package those two picks for one....

coastal
03-29-2015, 03:35 PM
I know it's a big assumption... but assuming Eichel is ours and we trade for ROR for Grigs and our other 1st rounder... we have outer top 2 centers.

Then plug Girgs into the 3rd center spot... is Rejnhart needed.

id take hanafin

Ginger Vitis
03-29-2015, 04:41 PM
Who do the Avs have on right wing? Coach Roy has been very high on Grigo

Offensively the Avalanche get very little offense from there RWers... There best RW by far is 37 year old Jarome Iginla.. Grigorenko play for Roy for 2 years in the QMHL and Roy liked Grigorenko so much that Roy traded up in the import draft to select him when Grigs was entering the QMHL

JATMtheJATM
03-29-2015, 05:47 PM
I know it's a big assumption... but assuming Eichel is ours and we trade for ROR for Grigs and our other 1st rounder... we have outer top 2 centers.

Then plug Girgs into the 3rd center spot... is Rejnhart needed.

id take hanafin

Pit ROR on the wing and let Sam work the middle on the second line. He's gonna be a good one too