PDA

View Full Version : I don't think we win another game this season

Skooby
03-28-2015, 07:56 PM
Going through the motions looks to be our MO now, no way this team has the mojo to win anymore this season. Enjoy the tank.

Dude
03-29-2015, 08:12 AM
Take the whole draft thing out of it. At this point who ****ing cares? Will a few more wins make a difference? Will you as a Sabres fan be happier if they win a few meaningless games?

I don't give a crap if they win or lose. I just want the season to be over. At least if they lose out they get the benefit of a generational talent.

coastal
03-29-2015, 08:42 AM
A loss Monday all but ends this suspense.

an outright win makes the typical Buffalo sports-horror storyline very palpable.

I still see the later option happening with a win against the Penguins as the final dagger.

swiper
03-29-2015, 08:55 AM
Hold Ennis out. Perfect excuse.

Just end it already.

SpikedLemonade
03-29-2015, 09:28 AM

Just end it already.

As Sabre fans have said, no excuses are needed.

Tank with pride since it is a brilliant managerial strategy.

Skooby
03-29-2015, 12:36 PM

Just end it already.

Take no chances.

Dude
03-29-2015, 02:40 PM
As Sabre fans have said, no excuses are needed.

Tank with pride since it is a brilliant managerial strategy.You know they planned it just to piss you off, right? Seeing how much time and energy you devote to the team and all.

GreedoII
03-30-2015, 08:46 AM
they will beat Tor at home and maybe Car and that's it

stuckincincy
03-30-2015, 10:59 AM
More tank talk, courtesy of the CBC. Sorry if already posted...

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/sabres-fans-cheer-coyotes-ot-win-in-buffalo-1.3012014

BertSquirtgum
03-30-2015, 10:50 PM
Well.....they won tonight....sooooo..........there goes your theory.

swiper
03-31-2015, 04:26 AM
12 more days of angst.

JATMtheJATM
03-31-2015, 05:13 AM
Sabres go 2-3-1 to pass the yotes, and that's assuming the yotes get no points. The team probably isn't going 2-3-1. Sabres would win the tiebreaker.

SpikedLemonade
03-31-2015, 07:38 AM
Another beauty from the HF Boards...

We play a Toronto team that has given up and has an 8-25-5 road record. We also beat them 6-2 back in Nov
We play an Islander team that has struggled mightily the past month, including 3-6-1 in their past 10.
We play a Carolina team that's 11-21-4 on the road.
We play a Columbus team that's 14-20-2 at home.
And we play a Pittsburgh team that will probably not care too much about the last game of the season, resting most of their players, and probably facing their backup-3rd string goalie.

So yeah, it might say 89%, but watch how much that drops if Buffalo win's Wednesday and if they win or get any points this weekend. This is farrrrrr from over and anyone who thinks otherwise is just foolish

Dude
03-31-2015, 07:57 AM
What Bruins message boards do you post on, Spiked?

Skooby
03-31-2015, 10:08 AM
Another beauty from the HF Boards...

We play a Toronto team that has given up and has an 8-25-5 road record. We also beat them 6-2 back in Nov
We play an Islander team that has struggled mightily the past month, including 3-6-1 in their past 10.
We play a Carolina team that's 11-21-4 on the road.
We play a Columbus team that's 14-20-2 at home.
And we play a Pittsburgh team that will probably not care too much about the last game of the season, resting most of their players, and probably facing their backup-3rd string goalie.

So yeah, it might say 89%, but watch how much that drops if Buffalo win's Wednesday and if they win or get any points this weekend. This is farrrrrr from over and anyone who thinks otherwise is just foolish

The Sabres beat the 2nd worst team in the league & are the worst, so thinking we wouldn't end up as part of the losing side is pure fantasy. I'll also assume that our "Home Game" will have many Leafs fans, so lets not expect a huge amount of crowd support.

SpikedLemonade
03-31-2015, 11:54 AM
The Sabres beat the 2nd worst team in the league & are the worst, so thinking we wouldn't end up as part of the losing side is pure fantasy. I'll also assume that our "Home Game" will have many Leafs fans, so lets not expect a huge amount of crowd support.

Leaf fans will be openly rooting for the Leafs to lose tomorrow night.

They are only 3 points behind the Oilers to get into 3rd last place. The way the Oilers are playing, my bet is on the Leafs getting there.

Then with the 11.5%, the Leafs will draw the 1st overall pick.

Canadian McDavid goes to the Leafs.

American Eichel goes to the Sabres.

AND everyone in this area -- WNY and SW Ontario -- is happy to watch the rivalry for the next 10 years.

Win-win.

BertSquirtgum
03-31-2015, 01:43 PM
Nope. We're getting Mcdavid.