PDA

View Full Version : Murray admits he has an obsession with McDavid

DetDannyWilliams
03-29-2015, 02:19 PM
"I watch him too much and I think too much about him,”Murray told the New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/29/sports/hockey/hockeys-next-great-one-draws-a-crowd.html). “I wish I could help myself.”

It's no secret the Sabres' general manager covets the NHL's next great superstar. Murray regularly makes the 90-minute drive from Buffalo to Erie, Pa., to watch McDavid play. Murray attended the Otters' playoff opener Thursday rather than watch the Sabres host Arizona in the opening showdown of No. 30 versus No. 29.

"You go through a year like this, it’s tough,” Murray told the Times' Matt Higgins. “I feel bad for our players, I really do. It’s been a tough year. I’m the type of GM, as everybody can see, I’ve traded away a lot of good players for the simple fact we have to get better. Our time’s the future. This guy I call our franchise-changing player.”

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/03/29/report-sabres-murray-admits-his-obsession-with-connor-mcdavid/

SpikedLemonade
03-29-2015, 03:13 PM
I can't wait to see the expression on his chronically constipated face when the lottery balls drop so another team gets McDavid.

That will become my avatar.

coastal
03-29-2015, 06:17 PM
He sucks ass

swiper
03-29-2015, 06:24 PM
Obsession often leads to letdown.

YardRat
03-29-2015, 06:27 PM
Great...a tanker and a stalker. I feel better...

JATMtheJATM
03-29-2015, 06:43 PM
He sucks ass

What's murray done to get your hate? He's been a pretty good GM through all this. Now we see what is next

coastal
03-29-2015, 07:25 PM
What's murray done to get your hate? He's been a pretty good GM through all this. Now we see what is next
Wtf has he done?

SpikedLemonade
03-29-2015, 08:11 PM
Wtf has he done?

Set the NHL record for the worst two consecutive seasons in history.

JATMtheJATM
03-29-2015, 11:06 PM
Wtf has he done?

He's gotten good return on some deals. He dismantled the team well. Only deal he's missed on is myers, as myers is showing himself to be a force on a good team.

Skooby
03-30-2015, 12:11 AM
I can't wait to see the expression on his chronically constipated face when the lottery balls drop so another team gets McDavid.

That will become my avatar.

if we get him, you'll be a sad puddle.

YardRat
03-30-2015, 04:42 AM
It's easy to tear down a team, the real work (and gauge of how good Murray is) begins with the draft.

JATMtheJATM
03-30-2015, 05:54 AM
It's easy to tear down a team, the real work (and gauge of how good Murray is) begins with the draft.

Murray has always been known as an exceptional talent evaluator. So I have faith in that department. Which is why I hope the sabres hold on to the later first rounder.

WagonCircler
03-30-2015, 03:41 PM
So far, you can only evaluate Murray on one thing: executing the wishes of the owner, which he has done flawlessly.

I remember Pegula clearly stating at a press conference last year "If you want Sydney Crosby, you have to finish last."

It takes some brass balls to stick to a plan, and now they're very close to securing at least Eichel.

Mission accomplished.

swiper
03-30-2015, 04:03 PM
He dismantled the team well.

LOL. Really? Anyone can do that.

coastal
03-30-2015, 04:27 PM
He overplayed his hand while trying to trade Chris Stewart

swiper
03-30-2015, 04:29 PM
And he couldn't get rid of Hodgson.

JATMtheJATM
03-30-2015, 04:45 PM
He overplayed his hand while trying to trade Chris Stewart

They got a second out of him. That's a good return, regardless of the year.

- - - Updated - - -

And he couldn't get rid of Hodgson.

Could anyone?

Novacane
03-30-2015, 04:49 PM
Murray admits he has an obsession! Now will spike and flo admit the same? Today on Dr Phil!

coastal
03-30-2015, 05:11 PM
They got a second out of him. That's a good return, regardless of the year.rumor i saw was Boston offered Spooner straight up early on and Murray balked.

Spooner or a 2nd round pick?

Murray got played.

Could anyone?and yet u want to keep him?

JATMtheJATM
03-30-2015, 05:15 PM
rumor i saw was Boston offered Spooner straight up early on and Murray balked.

Spooner or a 2nd round pick?

Murray got played.

and yet u want to keep him?

I want to keep him as a placeholder. Sabres need wings. Hodgson could fill that role next year without giving away any assets. I'd keep him, since he's already under contract and the sabres probably aren't going to be a playoff bound team next year.