• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ed
    Dude
    • Sep 2002

Contract extension for Dareus next on Bills' offseason to-do list

Sounds good to me. Get it done sooner than later. Whaley also speaks specifically of an extension for Mario too, which would help provide cap space.

To create the cap room to accommodate anything more than some minimum-salaried players who would be added via free agency, the Bills would figure to restructure their deal with defensive end Mario Williams. Three years remain on Williams’ agreement, which calls for him to make $19.4 million this year, $19.9 million next year, and $16.5 million in 2017.

“He could free up the most and make it the most logical, because what we would do is not only restructure, but extend him similar to” what the Bills recently did with defensive tackle “Kyle Williams, so these guys retire as Buffalo Bills,” Whaley said. “We want to set a precedent that we retain our own and we have them retire as Buffalo Bills. I think that’s a sentiment we’re trying to show the players on our roster now.

“Not only are we getting good players, but we’re retaining our good players as long as possible. And everybody wins. Mario gets a couple of more years, he’s going to retire with a Buffalo Bill, and we get some cap relief.”
  • GvilleBills
    • Mar 2006

Re: Contract extension for Dareus next on Bills' offseason to-do list

Do the Dougie, Whaley.
    Sign your homegrown talent, keep what's yours.

Love me some Dougie Whalez.
    Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

Why be so public about this?
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by casdhf View Post
        Why be so public about this?
        To put the ball publically in Mario's court. If we have another good defensive season and Dareus solidifies himself as a premier DT, Mario shouldn't have any problem keeping his teammate on the roster.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Last week the next item on the list was Bradham...did they re-prioritize? (Not that I would blame them at all if they did).
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

No rush. Just try to get it done before the opener.

Redo Mario's deal and maybe 1-2 more. Some post June 1st cuts to open up more space.

Basically telling the public he's in the future plans and not leaving.

More good will with the fan base. Keeping the good players right here.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
              Last week the next item on the list was Bradham did they re-prioritize? (Not that I would blame them at all if they did).
              I can see what they are doing trying to re-sign Bradham first. He will command higher price next year than now. Nothing we can do with Dareus, his price is already high.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• tomz
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                Last week the next item on the list was Bradham...did they re-prioritize? (Not that I would blame them at all if they did).
                Wasn't this debunked? I think Carucci tweeted that the Bradham report was erroneous.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by tomz View Post
                  Wasn't this debunked? I think Carucci tweeted that the Bradham report was erroneous.
                  Was it? I missed it, then.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

Extending Bradham now sounds genius.
                    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

Bradham is a 3 down lb. A mainstay. A centerpiece. After this year everyone notices, especially his agent.
                      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • May 2009

I will be ecstatic if they get this done before the start of the season.

Comment

• elroy16
                          • May 2014

Originally posted by tomz View Post
                          "Next year we’ll be the Green Bay Packers of free agency," Whaley said at the NFL owners meetings last week. "We’ll be signing our own guys because we have Nigel [Bradham] coming up, you got [Marcell] Dareus coming up, you gotCordy Glenn coming up and you got [Stephon] Gilmore. So that will be our free agency next year."
                          Buffalo Bills Gm Doug Whaley said the team will be focused on keeping their own players in coming seasons.

From Whaley directly, they're going to at least try to re-sign him.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                            Buffalo Bills Fan
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by elroy16 View Post
                            http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...enders-in-2016

From Whaley directly, they're going to at least try to re-sign him.
                            Yup.

Too bad - it promises to be a fat crop:

Last edited by stuckincincy; 03-31-2015, 02:23 PM.
                            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Ed
                              Dude
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                              Yup.

Too bad - it promises to be a fat crop:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ones/70587498/
                              I wouldn't expect a lot of those guys to be available. Free agent classes always look stronger when no one has been re-signed yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X