PDA

View Full Version : Bills/Argonauts agree to exhibition matchup

black N yellow
04-01-2015, 07:08 AM
http://www.argonauts.ca/article/argos-bills-agree-to-exhibition-matchup

Toronto – The Toronto Argonauts Football Club has thrown down the gauntlet today, announcing that the team will take part in an exhibition matchup on May 29 against the Buffalo Bills of the NFL. The game is a throwback to the cross-league matchups of the past, when NFL and AFL teams travelled to Canada for seven games against CFL squads between 1950 and 1961. This time around, the battle shifts to Ralph Wilson Stadium in Buffalo, where the teams will alternate between CFL and NFL rules each half.
“We’re extremely excited about this opportunity and we think our fans should be excited too” said Argonauts Senior Vice President David Bedford. “We first established a partnership with the Buffalo franchise through the Bills in Toronto series, and we’re excited to be taking the next logical step with a head-to-head matchup between our teams.”

hahaha.

djjimkelly
04-01-2015, 07:23 AM
sounds like april fools to me

black N yellow
04-01-2015, 07:39 AM
sounds like april fools to me

ya think?

ticatfan
04-02-2015, 01:26 PM
It would be nice to see the bills play one of our better teams. not the argos.

Pinkerton Security
04-02-2015, 01:51 PM
It would be nice to see the bills play one of our better teams. not the argos.

It would be nice for CFL teams to not play the Bills at all - nothing to do with CFL itself, I just want our young guys playing against the best competition possible. Im sure some CFL teams would put up a fight but they still arent on the caliber of NFL teams top to bottom.

BertSquirtgum
04-02-2015, 04:11 PM
April fools is gay

Mr. Pink
04-04-2015, 12:02 PM
This would be a pretty neat idea if it was actually true.

ticatfan
04-06-2015, 01:48 PM
It would be nice for CFL teams to not play the Bills at all - nothing to do with CFL itself, I just want our young guys playing against the best competition possible. Im sure some CFL teams would put up a fight but they still arent on the caliber of NFL teams top to bottom.I would love to see the bills play the stamps, and the stamps have the better QB.

WagonCircler
04-06-2015, 02:49 PM
It's a sad, sad commentary on how far from football season we are that this thread is still on the first page.