PDA

View Full Version : 4thAndLong breaks down Bills Vs Vikings

4thAndLong
09-13-2002, 11:00 PM
QB Bledsoe vs Culpepper

Winner - Bledsoe

Comments - Culpepper has never really impressed me, the only thing that impresses me is his mobility. He's always been lucky to be around good players (ie Moss, Carter), while Bledsoe puts up 3,000+ yards with average receivers

RB Henry vs Bennent

Winner - Henry

Comments - I have to give Henry the edge, after last week. This could go the other way as these backs both enter their 2nd years and still have to prove to be consistent and an anchor for the future.

WR

Winner - Tie

Comments - Moss, Alexander, and Bates is a very good trio, as is Moulds/Price/Reed...Hard to give anyone the edge here

OL

Winner - Buffalo

Comments - Our line is young, and can only get better. It sure does look like they're getting better in a hurry though!

DL

Winner - Tie

Comments - Both lines are average...

LB

Winner - Buffalo

Comments - Biekert is either out, or wont be 100% and it gives us the edge, IMO

Secondary

Winner - Buffalo

Comments - Do the Vikings even have a secondary? Our young secondary will have to work their a$$es off to cover Moss alone...

Special Teams

Winner - Minnesota

Comments - EVen with their #1 return man out...Our special teams suck...:sadwalk:

Just my 2 cents :hitself:

Dozerdog
09-13-2002, 11:02 PM
And the final score?

4thAndLong
09-13-2002, 11:04 PM
28-24 Bills, while I give us the upper advantage alot...

We dont have have all the positions won in a run-away...

Halbert
09-13-2002, 11:07 PM
I love having Drew here but if you give me the choice of him or Dante, I'll take the big brutha every time. If Alexander were the guy who played two years ago, I'd take their WR's as well (Moss is an animal).

4thAndLong
09-13-2002, 11:11 PM
IMO, Culpepper is overrated...He has always been in a good offense with alot of weapons. Take them away and hes nothing, I also think WRs are a tie because of Bates...I think he has a great future ahead of him - once he gets out of Moss' shadow

Dozerdog
09-13-2002, 11:12 PM
I would have been willing to give the #4 overall pick for Culpepper ... (I doubt they would have taken it)

Bert102176
09-13-2002, 11:50 PM
my dream QB even though I really like Bledsoe would be McNabb

lordofgun
09-13-2002, 11:51 PM
Good stuff 4th! I think you do underestimate Culpepper though! He has a cannon and he can run.

I'm happy with Drew, but I think Culpepper is one of the top 5 QBs in the league. Bledsoe has to prove all over again that he can be a top QB as well.

4thAndLong
09-13-2002, 11:55 PM
One of my old friends was a Vike fan - I had to watch them play, watching him play, I didn't think he was the real deal, I saw Carter and Moss bail him out alot last year...

Culpepper and Warner sit up there for 2 most overrated QBs, IMO

ArcticWildMan
09-14-2002, 10:15 AM
I'll side with 4th....Culpepper can be shut down when you play him like teams played Flutie. Contain him and don't let him run, and he's average at best.

John Doe
09-14-2002, 02:18 PM
Warner over-rated? He may not throw the picture perfect spiral every time, but otherwise I have not seen better.

4thAndLong
09-14-2002, 02:57 PM
Look at the offense he's on...

Bruce, Holt, Pace, Faulk....Weapons are endless.

If someone like McNabb or Favre was the Rams QB, they'd be 19-0

northernbillfan
09-14-2002, 03:15 PM
4th, I've tried this same argument before about Warner being overrated, it can be a futile exercise at times.

Culpepper on the other hand is not over rated. Remember his very first NFL game. He was the teams leading rusher, and had 3 or 4 rushing TD's. Now that was the way to start a career. Drew was better than Culpepper in his prime. He is still strong, but the edge still goes to DC.

The real battle will be how our secondary handles Moss.

4thAndLong
09-14-2002, 03:17 PM
Rushing doesn't make a QB, if it does, I guess we go and dub Kordell Stewart an All-Pro QB.

His arm doesn't impress me at all, or his insticts as a QB, take away the weapons, and he's nothing

northernbillfan
09-14-2002, 03:23 PM
Perhaps you're right there, if he could find someone, or get the ball through trouble, he wouldn't have to rush at all!

Let's see him play for some mediocre squad like the Chargers or Bengals and see how he does.

4thAndLong
09-14-2002, 03:28 PM
Look what guys like Favre, McNabb, Bledsoe do with average guys...

Favre makes guys like Freeman and Schroeder look like stars, McNabb is a pro-bowl caliber guy with average receivers, and Bledsoe is also...

DIHARD2
09-14-2002, 05:44 PM
the Bills defense is going to shut Culpepper down. Wire's is going to have another stack tomorrow. All they have to do is gets Culpepper out of the pocket. Buffalo is playing the search and destroying defense .

Buff 31 Vik 24

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

lordofgun
09-14-2002, 09:16 PM
I feel more comfortable with Culpepper IN the pocket! :D

ArcticWildMan
09-14-2002, 09:21 PM
Yup...keep Culpepper in the pocket and he's just an average QB. He's most dangerous outside the pocket!

DraftBoy
09-15-2002, 09:14 AM
Although I completely agree with Warner being the most overrated QB in the NFL, you say that if Culpepper played with mediocre WR's he would be just average, well then I think your forgetting where he played his college ball. He played for UCF. Which stands for Understandibly Crummy Football. Culpepper put up massive numbers and didnt have a moss, Carter, or even a Bates to throw too.

4thAndLong
09-15-2002, 09:15 AM
Thats college.

Didn't Eric Crouch win the Heisman in College, as a QB, and just retired as an NFL RECEIVER?

DraftBoy
09-15-2002, 09:22 AM
didnt he also play QB in college so as you can expect he wouldnt adjust well, Culpepper is playing the same posistion. So the Crouch thing makes no sense to me. I agree though that College is diffrent then the pros but Culpepper has already proven to be able to play with lesser talented WR's.

4thAndLong
09-15-2002, 09:26 AM
In COLLEGE, he hasn't done that in the pro's. Everything in the NFL is ALOT faster than College.

Ok, what about Weinke? Didn't he lose his job to Rodney Peete?