• Show
Clear All
  • 4thAndLong
    I'm Really 4 and Short
    • Sep 2002

4thAndLong breaks down Bills Vs Vikings

QB Bledsoe vs Culpepper

Winner - Bledsoe

Comments - Culpepper has never really impressed me, the only thing that impresses me is his mobility. He's always been lucky to be around good players (ie Moss, Carter), while Bledsoe puts up 3,000+ yards with average receivers

RB Henry vs Bennent

Winner - Henry

Comments - I have to give Henry the edge, after last week. This could go the other way as these backs both enter their 2nd years and still have to prove to be consistent and an anchor for the future.

WR

Winner - Tie

Comments - Moss, Alexander, and Bates is a very good trio, as is Moulds/Price/Reed...Hard to give anyone the edge here

OL

Winner - Buffalo

Comments - Our line is young, and can only get better. It sure does look like they're getting better in a hurry though!

DL

Winner - Tie

Comments - Both lines are average...

LB

Winner - Buffalo

Comments - Biekert is either out, or wont be 100% and it gives us the edge, IMO

Secondary

Winner - Buffalo

Comments - Do the Vikings even have a secondary? Our young secondary will have to work their a$$es off to cover Moss alone...

Special Teams

Winner - Minnesota

Comments - EVen with their #1 return man out...Our special teams suck...

Just my 2 cents
    Last edited by 4thAndLong; 09-13-2002, 11:02 PM.
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

And the final score?

Comment

• 4thAndLong
      I'm Really 4 and Short
      • Sep 2002

28-24 Bills, while I give us the upper advantage alot...

We dont have have all the positions won in a run-away...

Comment

• Halbert
        I'm Not Normal
        • Jul 2002

I love having Drew here but if you give me the choice of him or Dante, I'll take the big brutha every time. If Alexander were the guy who played two years ago, I'd take their WR's as well (Moss is an animal).

Comment

• 4thAndLong
          I'm Really 4 and Short
          • Sep 2002

IMO, Culpepper is overrated...He has always been in a good offense with alot of weapons. Take them away and hes nothing, I also think WRs are a tie because of Bates...I think he has a great future ahead of him - once he gets out of Moss' shadow

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

I would have been willing to give the #4 overall pick for Culpepper ... (I doubt they would have taken it)

Comment

• Bert102176
              • Aug 2002

my dream QB even though I really like Bledsoe would be McNabb
              lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• lordofgun
                in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Good stuff 4th! I think you do underestimate Culpepper though! He has a cannon and he can run.

I'm happy with Drew, but I think Culpepper is one of the top 5 QBs in the league. Bledsoe has to prove all over again that he can be a top QB as well.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• 4thAndLong
                  I'm Really 4 and Short
                  • Sep 2002

One of my old friends was a Vike fan - I had to watch them play, watching him play, I didn't think he was the real deal, I saw Carter and Moss bail him out alot last year...

Culpepper and Warner sit up there for 2 most overrated QBs, IMO

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

I'll side with 4th....Culpepper can be shut down when you play him like teams played Flutie. Contain him and don't let him run, and he's average at best.

Comment

• John Doe
                      Florida Man
                      • Jul 2002

Warner over-rated? He may not throw the picture perfect spiral every time, but otherwise I have not seen better.

Comment

• 4thAndLong
                        I'm Really 4 and Short
                        • Sep 2002

Look at the offense he's on...

Bruce, Holt, Pace, Faulk....Weapons are endless.

If someone like McNabb or Favre was the Rams QB, they'd be 19-0

Comment

• northernbillfan
                          Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

4th, I've tried this same argument before about Warner being overrated, it can be a futile exercise at times.

Culpepper on the other hand is not over rated. Remember his very first NFL game. He was the teams leading rusher, and had 3 or 4 rushing TD's. Now that was the way to start a career. Drew was better than Culpepper in his prime. He is still strong, but the edge still goes to DC.

The real battle will be how our secondary handles Moss.
                          When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• 4thAndLong
                            I'm Really 4 and Short
                            • Sep 2002

Rushing doesn't make a QB, if it does, I guess we go and dub Kordell Stewart an All-Pro QB.

His arm doesn't impress me at all, or his insticts as a QB, take away the weapons, and he's nothing

Comment

• northernbillfan
                              Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Perhaps you're right there, if he could find someone, or get the ball through trouble, he wouldn't have to rush at all!

Let's see him play for some mediocre squad like the Chargers or Bengals and see how he does.
                              When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X