PDA

View Full Version : Dear Bills brass

Mr. Miyagi
04-02-2015, 09:38 PM
Why haven't we brought back Brandon Spikes yet? If he wants 2 mil then just give it to him already. He's more than just a 2 down ILB. He's a respected leader and a fan favorite.

Just do it already and don't be a dick Whaley.

stuckincincy
04-02-2015, 09:55 PM
I read that as Dear Bill Blass... :kid:

Meathead
04-02-2015, 10:01 PM
as far as i know he hasnt had a sniff as a three down backer so its looking pretty good he will come back

Skooby
04-02-2015, 10:46 PM
Where will he go ??

stuckincincy
04-02-2015, 10:55 PM
as far as i know he hasnt had a sniff as a three down backer so its looking pretty good he will come back

He did well enough with BUF last season, but he is what he is...a one-trick pony. I'm not sure how he will fit into their yet-to-be defined 2/4/3/5/1 or whatever DL and LB plans they may be trying to cook up. Looks like he's going to have to wait until the June cuts extravaganza.

jimmifli
04-03-2015, 12:52 AM
He did well enough with BUF last season, but he is what he is...a one-trick pony. I'm not sure how he will fit into their yet-to-be defined 2/4/3/5/1 or whatever DL and LB plans they may be trying to cook up. Looks like he's going to have to wait until the June cuts extravaganza.

If you can't find room for Spikes in your scheme... your scheme sucks.

Enough already. Sign the mother****er.

swiper
04-03-2015, 03:59 AM
Dear Bills Fans:

Patience is a virtue. No really. Sometimes it is.

YardRat
04-03-2015, 04:52 AM
They've put themselves in a position where they have some serious bookkeeping to clean up before they can sign anybody else.

YardRat
04-03-2015, 04:53 AM
Goddammit Swiper, for YEARS i was the only one with an Opus avatar, and now whenever I visit a thread you've been in I feel like I've run into the creepy twin brother I never knew I had.

Dr. Lecter
04-03-2015, 06:32 AM
Goddammit Swiper, for YEARS i was the only one with an Opus avatar, and now whenever I visit a thread you've been in I feel like I've run into the creepy twin brother I never knew I had.

I don't think Swiper's the creepy twin.

Just sayin'

Dr. Lecter
04-03-2015, 06:33 AM
Why haven't we brought back Brandon Spikes yet? If he wants 2 mil then just give it to him already. He's more than just a 2 down ILB. He's a respected leader and a fan favorite.

What does being a fan favorite have to do with it?

I don't mind him coming back, but if he wants to bea definite starter he might want to go elsewhere

OpIv37
04-03-2015, 09:39 AM

It's no secret that I'm not shy about ****ting on Bills' management, but the way I understand it, this one isn't their fault. They told Spikes he's a 2 down LB in their system, he wants to be a 3 down LB.

The reality: His first name is Brandon, not Takeo, and no one sees him as a 3 down LB. But he doesn't see it yet and he's still looking for a job that isn't there.

Eventually, I think he'll come around and realize that as long as he's going to be a 2 down LB, Buffalo is his best option. But management cant' force him to sign when he's not ready.

Mr. Miyagi
04-03-2015, 09:51 AM
If he's the one holding out then there's nothing we can do. I just hope it's not about the little bit of money trying to wait him out especially after we've way overspent on some other dudes.

After years of Ralph/Brandon I automatically assume we're just being cheap.

Meathead
04-03-2015, 10:26 AM
i think the only thing hes holding out for is to see if anyone will let him play every down. whaley is on record saying they want him back as a situational player and spikes says he loves it here so it appears its probably just a matter of time

swiper
04-03-2015, 11:44 AM

Swiper. Not liked. Never loved.

What? I was up in the bowels of the attic and I ran across my Bloom County books. Shoot me.

- - - Updated - - -

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_hBDiC_aWJc4/TENjWR9pjlI/AAAAAAAADyk/Sj2Mb255ejg/s1600/BloomCountyConShirt.jpg

Ed
04-03-2015, 11:46 AM
Do we have a game next week?

I'm pretty sure that Whaley already said that they want Spikes back, but the ball is in his court now.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-03-2015, 12:54 PM
It's also possible that he doesn't like the Ryan system, doesn't like Ryan personally, or doesn't like Buffalo. Unlike most of the people that's been applied to, Spikes has actually complained about buffalo in public.

OpIv37
04-03-2015, 01:41 PM
It's also possible that he doesn't like the Ryan system, doesn't like Ryan personally, or doesn't like Buffalo. Unlike most of the people that's been applied to, Spikes has actually complained about buffalo in public.

I believe he said he liked the city and the fans. I don't read a lot into what players say to the media because the classy ones aren't going to publicly trash the city even if they think its a ****hole, but he didn't have to say anything at all. He also chose to come here just a year ago, and he played here twice a year with NE so he knew the place. So, while Ryan or his system could be an issue, I don't think the problem is Buffalo itself.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-03-2015, 02:46 PM
I believe he said he liked the city and the fans. I don't read a lot into what players say to the media because the classy ones aren't going to publicly trash the city even if they think its a ****hole, but he didn't have to say anything at all. He also chose to come here just a year ago, and he played here twice a year with NE so he knew the place. So, while Ryan or his system could be an issue, I don't think the problem is Buffalo itself.

While he was a Patriot, he once called Buffalo the plumber's butt of America. Maybe his opinion changed, or maybe having buffalo be his only real contract offer was enough for him to get over it for a year.

casdhf
04-03-2015, 02:47 PM
For our perspective and his .... What's the rush?

Mace
04-03-2015, 03:31 PM
It's also possible that he doesn't like the Ryan system, doesn't like Ryan personally

Whoa, lil buckeroo. You're getting crazy here.

I seriously don't ever remember hearing of any players who didn't like Rex or his system.