• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Manuel Worked With Steve DeBerg On His Throwing Motion

Interesting. Said he went to Tampa in January and worked with DeBerg on his throwing motion (which was bad, IMO). I hope setting his feet correctly was also part of the education.

DeBerg played QB in the NFL for an incredible 21 years. Cement shoes guy but had a perfect looking throwing motion. We'll see if it pays dividends when the bullets start flying.

At least he's working at getting better and realizes this is it. I believe he took his starting status as a given until he was yanked last October. Sounds like he's wide awake now and putting in the work.

We'll see.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Manuel Worked With Steve DeBerg On His Throwing Motion

then David Lee comes in a changes everything and we're back to square 1.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

Steve DeBerg....the Ultimate journeyman.

NFLN needs to do a top ten just on the teams he's been on.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
        Making Spirits Bright
        • Mar 2006

Steve DeBerg? What, was Jeff Blake not available??

Comment

• sukie
          Seriously?
          • Sep 2012

Was it more than a lunch, perhaps a dinner and movie , or was real work done? How long was he there? Did he work for a week or just a morning before going to Busch Gardens?

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
            Interesting. Said he went to Tampa in January and worked with DeBerg on his throwing motion (which was bad, IMO). I hope setting his feet correctly was also part of the education.

DeBerg played QB in the NFL for an incredible 21 years. Cement shoes guy but had a perfect looking throwing motion. We'll see if it pays dividends when the bullets start flying.

At least he's working at getting better and realizes this is it. I believe he took his starting status as a given until he was yanked last October. Sounds like he's wide awake now and putting in the work.

We'll see.
            DeBerg played at a time it was a strength to stand in the pocket, not a hinderence.

Guys that moved around at that time were said to have "happy feet" & that was not a compliment.

I enjoyed watching him play on some terrible Bucs teams.
            Last edited by better days; 04-07-2015, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Night Train View Post

We'll see.
              Good - every little bit helps.
              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Swiper
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2010

Steve DeBerg had a funny throwing motion.

And, meanwhile, Geno Smith is working out with Tom Brady's guy.

The Jets started their offseason workout program Monday, but quarterback Geno Smith has been doing some work on his own already this offseason.

Comment

• The King
                  Without me it's just Awe so
                  • Jun 2004

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                  He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                  mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by The King View Post
                    Beat me to it!!!!!

Comment

• psubills62
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2008

Serious question, but when was the last time a QB at this level working on this throwing motion improved his play? Not even sure it's that successful at the collegiate level. Feels like once you get to college, your throwing motion is pretty well set.

Either way, it's a positive that he's trying, hope he carries over to the field.
                      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by psubills62 View Post
                        Serious question, but when was the last time a QB at this level working on this throwing motion improved his play? Not even sure it's that successful at the collegiate level. Feels like once you get to college, your throwing motion is pretty well set.

Either way, it's a positive that he's trying, hope he carries over to the field.
                        Tom Brady. 6th rnd draft pick to Pro Bowl player.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                          Steve DeBerg had a funny throwing motion.

And, meanwhile, Geno Smith is working out with Tom Brady's guy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...his-offseason/
                          You don't last 21 years in the NFL unless you throw the ball well.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                            • Sep 2012

Ryan Fitzpatrick is currently the other player in that competition, although the Jets have indicated their desire to make another addition at the position. Smith evaded a question about Marcus Mariota being that addition and added that he was looking to Fitzpatrick as a teacher thanks to Fitzpatrick’s “better understanding” of the offense

Fitzpatrick will be limited in offseason work as he recovers from a broken leg, which gives Smith an early opportunity to put his best foot forward in an attempt to grab the starting job. Along with the financial benefits just for showing up, that makes for plenty of motivation for Smith this offseason.
                            This is Smith's last chance. If you get benched for Mark Sanchez, Mike Vick, and Ryan Fitzpatrick, that's a TKO. You are out of the league by rule.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Mace
                              Haha...yeah you think so ?
                              • Mar 2013

I guess it's something. I'd have felt better though to hear he was hanging out with Kurt Warner and Colin Kaepernick.

Comment

Working...
                              X