PDA

View Full Version : McCoy: Chip Kelly doesn't like stars

Meathead
04-08-2015, 08:16 AM
LeSean McCoy was traded to the Bills last month during Chip Kelly's uber-busy Eagles offseason, and the running back thinks he knows why: He was too good, too famous.

"I don't think he likes or respects the stars. I'm being honest," McCoy told The Philadelphia Inquirer. "I think he likes the fact that it's 'Chip Kelly and the Eagles.' "

The franchise's all-time leading rusher tried to rationalize why Kelly would deal him to Buffalo. Kelly called McCoy twice, the RB said, but he didn't answer.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/lesean-mccoy-chip-kelly-traded-cuz-doesn-stars-article-1.2176268

cmon shady. we dont need the distractions. you dont need the distractions

you found the high road once, get the hell back on it.

Pinkerton Security
04-08-2015, 08:19 AM
I do think hes kinda right - this definitely seems like Chip Kelly is trying to fully control everything with the team so only time will tell if the guy knows what hes doing.

Night Train
04-08-2015, 08:36 AM
Kelly took a massive PR hit when dealing McCoy, then signs Matthews and Murray quickly for far more $$.

His " plan " blew up in his face. He better win now or maybe the " plan " all along is go for broke and if it fails, field 5 -7 mil a year offers from major college programs, ala Saban. Philly, be damned.

better days
04-08-2015, 08:49 AM
Kelly took a massive PR hit when dealing McCoy, then signs Matthews and Murray quickly for far more $$.

His " plan " blew up in his face. He better win now or maybe the " plan " all along is go for broke and if it fails, field 5 -7 mil a year offers from major college programs, ala Saban. Philly, be damned.

I think the Eagles made a mistake to give Kelly that much power.

I think it will be interesting to see who Kelly drafts this year.

jills
04-08-2015, 09:05 AM
Sounds like sour grapes to me.

justasportsfan
04-08-2015, 09:07 AM
Whether it's true or not about Kelly, I think McCoy should shut his mouth.

I don't think Kelly is going to get rid of Kiko if he became a star in Philly.Murray in his own right is a star.

McCoy just sounds bitter.

EDS
04-08-2015, 10:25 AM
McCoy did go on to say that he likes Kelly, which definitely made me feel better about his statements overall.

That being said, some of McCoy's statement rings hollow given the team signed Murray, who is a star running back.

Meathead
04-08-2015, 10:50 AM
faint praise indeed. its like he couldnt help himself getting out one last jab

he said he had moved on then he just had to dip his toe back in. we dont need a veteran giving out butthurt signals like that. hopefully its out of his system now

better days
04-08-2015, 12:08 PM
Whether it's true or not about Kelly, I think McCoy should shut his mouth.

I don't think Kelly is going to get rid of Kiko if he became a star in Philly.Murray in his own right is a star.

McCoy just sounds bitter.

I think Kelly wants to get rid of STARS he did not bring onto the Eagles.

Bill Cody
04-08-2015, 01:07 PM
Maybe Chip Kelly just doesn't like Shady

stuckincincy
04-08-2015, 01:12 PM
Methinks Fearless Leader needs to wave his income inequality finger at his fellow 1 percenter... :kid:

IlluminatusUIUC
04-08-2015, 04:31 PM
His moves made some degree of sense initially, but then he went off the rails.

Crisis
04-08-2015, 04:43 PM
McCoy is obviously bitter, that's just the type of person he is. He still hates Knowshon Moreno because he was drafted before him... the guy can hold a grudge.

There's some merit here but who cares, hopefully he uses it as more motivation to prove Chip wrong.

Mace
04-08-2015, 07:42 PM
We'll lead the league in talking smack besides Richard Sherman who will get here tail end of his career anyway if Ryan succeeds.

BertSquirtgum
04-08-2015, 10:04 PM
Am I to assume he didn't take astronomy in college then?

YardRat
04-08-2015, 10:26 PM
Don't like the yapping, but definitely like the attitude, as long as he brings that motivation to the stadium every Sunday and doesn't just save it up for one game this season.