• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DetDannyWilliams
    Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
    • Feb 2013

remember if Isles miss playoffs Sabres get their #1 draft choice

If the Isles slip, fall and miss the playoffs, Tim Murray and the Buffalo Sabres will own their NHL Lottery pick. Remember when Isles GM Garth Snow traded Matt Moulson to Buffalo for Thomas Vanek and a conditional first round draft choice? Snow held on to his 2014 first rounder and deferred it until the Connor McDavid draft this June. Snow invested the 5th overall pick in the '14 NHL Draft into Oshawa Generals power forward Michael Dal Colle..

If the Islanders miss the playoffs, their deferred 2015 first round pick will improve dramatically for the Sabres as it will become a lottery pick. Did you say Lottery pick?!!

The Sabres would love selecting twice in the top 12-14 picks of the draft. They are in great shape to finish the season 30th overall which will guarantee them Jack Eichel with the second overall pick, provided they lose Connor McDavid in the April 18 NHL Draft Lottery.
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: remember if Isles miss playoffs Sabres get their #1 draft choice

They aren't missing the playoffs

Sports Club Stats has them at 99.9% to make it.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Dude
      that slimey ass of an ***** at the zone
      • Feb 2005

Wow, thanks for the reminder - I'm sure all Sabres fans had forgotten about this.

Comment

• sukie
        Seriously?
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter View Post

SO there's still a chance?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

But they lost yesterday!!

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
            • Aug 2012

realistically, absolutely. but until theres an "X" next to their name, ill hold out hope and scoreboard watch. Still, this team is a far cry from the elite team they were much of the season. Listening to NHL network on XM radio last night, they were saying thats the kind of loss that will bury a team, Halak could have his confidence ripped apart and so close to the playoffs. The team was sinking slowly before that loss, that loss was a kick to the balls.
            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• ct bills fan
              • Jul 2002

They'd have to lose the final two games and have Ottawa, Boston and Pittsburgh win their 2 remaining games. Unlikely, but, nice to think about.

Comment

• Downinfloflo
                Victimizing The Victimizer
                • Aug 2012

Ottawa is in 9th place with 95 points....

Long way to go Buffalo, Long way to go!!

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

it's how they lost yesterday that makes the stat of 99% guaranteed a bit useless. rallying to be back in it to lose with 2 seconds. and with pitt fighting, it's crazy.

i know its a long shot, but i don't mind day dreaming of getting 1 and 2 for this season.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                    it's how they lost yesterday that makes the stat of 99% guaranteed a bit useless. rallying to be back in it to lose with 2 seconds. and with pitt fighting, it's crazy.

i know its a long shot, but i don't mind day dreaming of getting 1 and 2 for this season.
                    Or a late teens pick. I'd take that
                    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Swiper
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2010

HALAK!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

CBJ has been playing good hockey (won 5-0 Wed) & the have to play the Pens who are chasing them. I'm not certain that it's 99 to get in and they are out of it, there's a chance of that. The Sabs also play CBJ, no way we win that game in OH.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                          CBJ has been playing good hockey (won 5-0 Wed) & the have to play the Pens who are chasing them. I'm not certain that it's 99 to get in and they are out of it, there's a chance of that. The Sabs also play CBJ, no way we win that game in OH.
                          Dude.... don't make jinx
                          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
                            Dude.... don't make jinx
                            Do you avoid construction sites with ladders and constantly spill salt ??

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                              Do you avoid construction sites with ladders and constantly spill salt ??
                              I'm only superstitious when it comes to sports. But boy am I superstitious. Look at the 2009 detroit tigers collapse. Up 3 games on the twins with 4 to go. We lost the division. Ugh.
                              Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

Working...
                              X