PDA

View Full Version : I badly want to root for Sabres...

Yasgur's Farm
04-08-2015, 06:19 PM
... vs Penguins. But that only happens if we seal the deal vs Columbus.

Wouldn't it be great to be able to revel in Sabres knocking Pens outta playoff?

The Jokeman
04-09-2015, 05:52 PM
... vs Penguins. But that only happens if we seal the deal vs Columbus.

Wouldn't it be great to be able to revel in Sabres knocking Pens outta playoff?

This article says it be a bad idea, http://thehockeywriters.com/how-sabres-can-help-oilers-land-mcdavid/ and man would that suck if it played out that way.

JATMtheJATM
04-09-2015, 07:05 PM
i just woke from a nap before i go into work. in my nap, the coyotes won tonight and i felt relieved.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-09-2015, 09:22 PM
This article says it be a bad idea, http://thehockeywriters.com/how-sabres-can-help-oilers-land-mcdavid/ and man would that suck if it played out that way.

I'm not seeing the concern. If we finish 30th, our chance of winning McDavid is 20% no matter what anyone else does. If anything, dumping Pittsburgh out and shifting their pick to Edmonton is good news: It increases the chance slightly that if we fail to get McDavid, he'd at least end up in the Western Conference.

JATMtheJATM
04-09-2015, 09:40 PM
I'm not seeing the concern. If we finish 30th, our chance of winning McDavid is 20% no matter what anyone else does. If anything, dumping Pittsburgh out and shifting their pick to Edmonton is good news: It increases the chance slightly that if we fail to get McDavid, he'd at least end up in the Western Conference.

The concern is guaranteed second pick to get eichel. Who is another franchise player.

Topas
04-10-2015, 01:18 AM
What? It seems only IUIC got the article. If we loose the next game the game against Pit does not matter for us. It does not change anaything for us. But it changes the odds for Edmonton because they have too lotttery picks. But that does not mean that they can get 1 and 2. It means they have a better chance of getting 1. We will at least have pick two, if we loose the next game. No matter the outcome vs Pitt.

So Jokemans comment is misleading. Its is not a bad idea to win against Pit, given we have already lost our next game.

The Jokeman
04-10-2015, 02:32 PM
What? It seems only IUIC got the article. If we loose the next game the game against Pit does not matter for us. It does not change anaything for us. But it changes the odds for Edmonton because they have too lotttery picks. But that does not mean that they can get 1 and 2. It means they have a better chance of getting 1. We will at least have pick two, if we loose the next game. No matter the outcome vs Pitt.

So Jokemans comment is misleading. Its is not a bad idea to win against Pit, given we have already lost our next game.
I misread the first post about sealing the deal against Columbus first.