PDA

View Full Version : Comp Picks Question

DesertFox24
04-09-2015, 10:14 AM
I read somewhere if we sign a player after May 12th (the new June 1 deadline) that it will not count towards are players lost players gained formula? Does anyone know if this is true? If it is true I hope they wait till the 13th of May to sign Landry, I think he would be a good vet signing but I would like the higher comp picks.

The Jokeman
04-09-2015, 05:22 PM
I read somewhere if we sign a player after May 12th (the new June 1 deadline) that it will not count towards are players lost players gained formula? Does anyone know if this is true? If it is true I hope they wait till the 13th of May to sign Landry, I think he would be a good vet signing but I would like the higher comp picks.

I hadn't heard this til you posted it but according to: http://overthecap.com/2016-compensatory-draft-picks-update-432015/

1.First, Mike Florio has reported that the NFL has shifted the notable date of June 1 to May 12. As Florio astutely notes, once this date passes, Unrestricted Free Agents that are signed will no longer count in the compensatory pick formula. This is good news for teams like the Ravens and Packers who make an explicit effort to jump into the UFA market only after what used to be June 1. Teams can now sign those players and integrate them into their program two and a half weeks earlier. It’s also good news for the UFAs that have been struggling to find a home, as now they won’t have to wait as long.

DesertFox24
04-09-2015, 06:12 PM
Sweet thanks