X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

This draft is so strange

I feel like we have a draft where of the best 5. Mariota, Winston, Hundley, Grayson, and Petty. All look elite at times, and when they are on they look terrific. Then you watch there bad games and you cant tell if they belong in the nfl. I feel like the best QBs will be no better than Stafford and Cutler. But the worst will be no worse than Sanchez or Fitzpatrick. Hundley reminds me of Jason Campbell, Mariota reminds me of a fast Alex Smith. Winston of Stafford. Petty of Sanchez. Grayson of Cutler. I think they all can lead a team if they play consistent, it just depends on there mentality going forward.
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: This draft is so strange

that's a pretty wide spread between stafford and fitzpatrick.

i think the worst qb on an NFL roster and the best, isn't really separated by athleticsm or strength. they are separated by consistency. a lot of that is learnable, teachable and how you prepare if you have the baseline gift of being a high end athlete.

i am not in love with any of the qb's from this class. but i do think that one of them will "get it" and become a top 10 qb in 3 years. and be an andy dalton type. where he's good enough that you like him for your playoff chances, but you don't trust him to go far.

Comment

• Cali512
      • Jan 2012

I consider him like the 20th best. Cutler and Stafford around 12-15
      Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
        • Feb 2009

Jay Cutler is not the 12th best starting QB in the NFL.. somewhere between 19 and 23

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

Great year to not spend a 1st rounder on a QB...

I'm good with them taking one in the 3rd or even 2nd.

Comment

• djjimkelly
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
            Great year to not spend a 1st rounder on a QB...

I'm good with them taking one in the 3rd or even 2nd.

im good with them not even taking one we have 4 on the roster already!

and stafford lol people cursing him now lol he beat dallas in the playoffs and has thrown for 5000 in a season. hes a top 10 soon to be top 5 once a couple people retire. what kind of standard are people looking for id do anything for a stafford type to be the bills QB

Comment

• Swiper
              • Sep 2010

Mariotta reminds you of Alex Smith? ROFLMAO.

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by djjimkelly View Post
                im good with them not even taking one we have 4 on the roster already!

and stafford lol people cursing him now lol he beat dallas in the playoffs and has thrown for 5000 in a season. hes a top 10 soon to be top 5 once a couple people retire. what kind of standard are people looking for id do anything for a stafford type to be the bills QB
                Tuel, Tyrod, and a rookie can battle for the 3rd spot. Hell I'm alright with releasing Tuel the second we draft a QB.

Comment

• Cali512
                  • Jan 2012

Ive heard Alex Smith as the general comparison to Mariota arm talent alone, if that went over your head i dont know what else i can do for you

Comment

• Bill Cody
                    • Sep 2004

Petty has the arm to be good. But he's a project. You don't really know how fast or even if he'll develop coming out of a spread. He just hasn't been asked to do the things an NFL QB needs to be able to do. But I might be inclined to take a shot in round 2 if he's there.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                      Petty has the arm to be good. But he's a project. You don't really know how fast or even if he'll develop coming out of a spread. He just hasn't been asked to do the things an NFL QB needs to be able to do. But I might be inclined to take a shot in round 2 if he's there.
                      I'd move on from Tuel at the #3 spot and let a rookie like Petty and Taylor battle it out for that spot.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

If they draft anything other than olinemen and/or defense with their first two picks I'm going to be disappointed.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
                          Haha...yeah you think so ?
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                          If they draft anything other than olinemen and/or defense with their first two picks I'm going to be disappointed.
                          I might be ok with Grayson, he strikes me as a Fitzpatrick with better hand/eye coordination and a stronger arm where he doesn't need to throw out his shoulder stepping into a "woof" with every pass attempt over 5 yards, to filter out Tyrod Taylor and Tuel for 3 guys getting reps and a decent practice squad QB.

Almost seems to me if they add anyone else they're adding more projects to projects.

I can't really say I'll be upset about anyone though, I had dreams of magic with Matt Kofler, Stan Gelbaugh, Levi Brown and Alex Tanney and this year, well, I want to have some dreams of magic before defaulting to hoping it comes from Manuel.

Comment

• sudzy
                            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                            Tuel, Tyrod, and a rookie can battle for the 3rd spot. Hell I'm alright with releasing Tuel the second we draft a QB.
                            If they draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round, he's making the team. EJ/Taylor will be battling for the 3rd spot. I'm in favor of taking a shot on one of these guys in the 3rd. They are all talented enough to develop into a starter. But, if you get a shot at a franchise guy next year, a 3rd round pick isn't going to stop you from going after him.

Comment

• Swiper
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                              Ive heard Alex Smith as the general comparison to Mariota arm talent alone
                              No you haven't.

Comment

Working...
                              X