PDA

View Full Version : Key to beating the Vikes?

4thAndLong
09-13-2002, 11:50 PM
I think its establishing a running game

lordofgun
09-14-2002, 12:04 AM
I think they'll pass to set up the run, so Bledsoe needs time.

Dozerdog
09-14-2002, 12:10 AM
Establish the run, and then #1 and #2 become moot.

Can't get Moss and Culpepper in the endzone if they are on the bench watching Henry..

BTW LoG, I'm watching Jaws right now..

In your case, " I think we'll need a SMALLER boat!" Mr Mean guppy

Sabre Ally
09-14-2002, 12:12 AM
I think giving Bledsoe time to pass is most important, but establishing the run kinda goes hand in hand with it. If the OL doesn't play well, it doesn't matter what the D and/or the ST do.

NoCtUrNaL
09-14-2002, 12:12 AM
Get on the board first to take the crowd out of it...don't sit on a lead be it 3 points or 21...develop a killer instinct.

Sabre Ally
09-14-2002, 12:16 AM
I would LOVE to see that happen, NoC. It was very painful to see that 10-0 lead against the Jest diisappear last week.

mybills
09-14-2002, 05:44 PM
Our O did a pretty good job enabling Drew enough time to throw, I refuse to believe they would do otherwise this time. Our D surprised the hell out of me, considering that I didn't have much hope there. So again, I have no reason to believe they won't play that hard this time. That leaves us with special teams. Granted, that may not be the "key" to winning this, but if they play like they did last week..we don't have a prayers chance! :(

Rebecky
09-14-2002, 05:46 PM
Key to winning? Show up.

The Vikes have a 5/8" slow safety playing CB against Moulds. Moss's opposite, Bates, will be playing with a foot injury (got stepped on in practice Friday). They have no defense and no run game.

How can the Vikes POSSIBLY win this game? No way.

4thAndLong
09-14-2002, 05:48 PM
Rebecky,

stats are like women's underwear...

what they show is interesting...

But what they dont show is better ;)

They play the game for a reason, they have just a good chance of winning as we do...Any given Sunday!

TigerJ
09-14-2002, 05:56 PM
You need an "all of the above" choice. Seriously, as someone else on the forum said a few days ago, Buffalo will not shut Moss down completely. If Buffalo can keep Moss to 60-70 yards they'll have a good chance at a win, but they need to do the other things too. Last week was proof that you can play a strong game in every area but one and still lose.

NoCtUrNaL
09-14-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by 4thAndLong

stats are like women's underwear...

what they show is interesting...

But what they dont show is better ;)

I'm going to use that in a bar...."show me your stats baby".

Buffalofan
09-15-2002, 12:45 PM
Special Teams .. we would be 1-0 with Special Teams so thats the key !!!!!!!!!!!!