PDA

View Full Version : Woods expects Bills to make Super Bowl

YardRat
04-10-2015, 01:05 PM
http://www.todayspigskin.com/pigskin-news/robert-woods-expects-bills-to-make-super-bowl/

How high are the expectations in Buffalo? Super high.

“Get to the Super Bowl,” Woods said. “Nothing less than the Super Bowl with this team and the possibilities of our offense and our defense. That’s what we’re shooting for.”

sukie
04-10-2015, 01:19 PM
Drug testing in 5...,4...,3...

justasportsfan
04-10-2015, 01:21 PM
nothing wrong with aiming for the stars. Maybe you'll hit the moon.

SpikedLemonade
04-10-2015, 01:22 PM
Woods needs to do his part. There were times last year when he had difficulty anchoring.

DraftBoy
04-10-2015, 01:29 PM
Woods needs to do his part. There were times last year when he had difficulty anchoring.

You mean Wood, not Woods?

SpikedLemonade
04-10-2015, 01:31 PM
You mean Wood, not Woods?

Yes.

YardRat
04-10-2015, 03:56 PM

If Woods was 'anchoring' our offense was in a helluva lot worse shape than any of us realized.

Thurmal
04-10-2015, 04:51 PM
It'd be funny if a coach or player ever said, "You know, if we can get to 7-9, I'd be thrilled. Frankly, 5-11 is probably asking a lot with this team."

HHURRICANE
04-10-2015, 04:55 PM
The same guy that said EJ is the starter.

EJ and Super Bowl doesn't sound right.

Mace
04-10-2015, 05:24 PM
Good to think big. I'm guessing he spent a few minutes talking to Rex. Rex makes people believe they are better than they are, and sometimes it works where they really are.

It's a lot better than Woods saying he thinks we can be 9-7 again if everything works out well, there are no injuries, and the stars align.

DynaPaul
04-10-2015, 05:58 PM
The first player who says it's a Dream Team gets shot.

Night Train
04-10-2015, 08:41 PM
It'd be funny if a coach or player ever said, "You know, if we can get to 7-9, I'd be thrilled. Frankly, 5-11 is probably asking a lot with this team."

I give you Dick Jauron.

Mace
04-10-2015, 08:53 PM
I give you Dick Jauron.

"We'll compete, sort of, I think, maybe, if there are players who play and compete, to play, competing, for those of "we" who are still here, being "we", "still being here" meaning remaining, for those who remain as players and mean to compete, this year and last or previous, playing as competitors this year, the competition being for players this year intending to be on the field, that field for competing players playing to compete, on the field, maybe if we have players playing and competing, and still here to be competing players on the field."

Night Train
04-10-2015, 08:59 PM
Jauron would kick a meaningless FG with 40 seconds left to make the losing score more respectable. In his mind, that was a win. They should retire the 7-9 record in his name.

Must have attended some insane logic classes at Yale. I quickly learned to loathe him.

Mace
04-10-2015, 09:13 PM
Probably the worst most incomprehensible coach we ever had in my life, he absolutely understood what he was telling you just couldn't express it, knew everything about the game just couldn't understand it, gained a real comfortable Yale living from not being good at anything or explaining it and can chat up anyone close about everything you can imagine, eloquently nowadays, without having to stand in front of the spotlight, if no one interviews him.

kscdogbillsfan1221
04-11-2015, 05:38 AM
i love how this thread started with Robert Woods stating he thinks we can make the superbowl to a bash Dick Jauron thread. lol

Meathead
04-11-2015, 06:22 AM
i always shoot for the stars but i end up just shooting moons

swiper
04-11-2015, 06:43 AM
Yes.

It would be nice if you could find a way to comprehend who the o.p. was referring to. Like everyone else seems to. Bert even has one-upped you here.

feldspar
04-11-2015, 11:44 AM
Doesn't sound like he "expects" the Bills to make the Super Bowl. Sounds more like he's saying that's the GOAL.

Shouldn't it be?

One thing I don't miss about Jauron is his constantly reminding everyone about how hard it is to win in this league.

Parzival
04-11-2015, 02:06 PM
Probably the worst most incomprehensible coach we ever had in my life, he absolutely understood what he was telling you just couldn't express it, knew everything about the game just couldn't understand it, gained a real comfortable Yale living from not being good at anything or explaining it and can chat up anyone close about everything you can imagine, eloquently nowadays, without having to stand in front of the spotlight, if no one interviews him.

I'm sure someone could get all the numbers together and do an analysis (but God, why?), but for my money Jauron was by far the worst coach we've had since I've been following the team.

Typ0
04-11-2015, 02:22 PM
It's not like it used to be. A team needs to get to the playoffs then they can win the superbowl. I will be surprised if the team they are putting on the field this season does not make the playoffs.

Jry44
04-11-2015, 02:57 PM
Doesn't sound like he "expects" the Bills to make the Super Bowl. Sounds more like he's saying that's the GOAL.

Shouldn't it be?

One thing I don't miss about Jauron is his constantly reminding everyone about how hard it is to win in this league.

At least someone has acquired reading comprehension skills...

I NEVER said that he thought they should be there or expected it. He said that the goal is the superbowl, and it damn well should be every players goal!

Mace
04-11-2015, 06:00 PM
I'm sure someone could get all the numbers together and do an analysis (but God, why?), but for my money Jauron was by far the worst coach we've had since I've been following the team.

No matter what the numbers say, and they'll say he wasn't, I agree. I've lived with really bad HC's in my life, like Hank Bullough, Gregg Williams, Ringo, Rauch and Stephenson, but none of them ever gave me that antagonized feeling of soul leeching frustrated helpless disgust like Jauron.

I never even felt the hope it might end better, where even Rauch, Bullough, Williams, Ringo and Stephenson gave me the faintest glimmers of misguided optimism in case they weren't fired. I always and ever felt, Jauron's only goal as an HC was "achieving" 8-8 here and doing everything he possibly could to keep from dreaming of 9-7 because that would be unfair to the rest of the division folks who want to be at least 8-8 too and why shouldn't they aspire !

I am weeping in rage again and gnawing a bath towel.

Night Train
04-11-2015, 06:22 PM
I bet Robert Woods would hate playing for Jauron.

We can now close this thread.

jimmifli
04-11-2015, 07:38 PM
This defense can win a Superbowl if the offense is above average with a good running game. They should be thinking that way.

stuckincincy
04-12-2015, 01:12 PM
This defense can win a Superbowl if the offense is above average with a good running game. They should be thinking that way.

Dunno - BUF played their typical level of competition last year - beat a couple of clubs that ended up with a positive W-L record by a few points. NE handed them one win when they didn't care, and GB's qb is owed big time by that iron-handed performance by their receivers.

Meathead
04-12-2015, 04:20 PM
its the oneirological event team!

better days
04-13-2015, 08:21 AM
Dunno - BUF played their typical level of competition last year - beat a couple of clubs that ended up with a positive W-L record by a few points. NE handed them one win when they didn't care, and GB's qb is owed big time by that iron-handed performance by their receivers.

If EJ or Orton made a play at the end of the game to lose it like Rodgers did against the Bills when he fumbled the ball, people on this board would still be ragging on that QB.

djjimkelly
04-13-2015, 10:43 AM
i love how this thread started with Robert Woods stating he thinks we can make the superbowl to a bash Dick Jauron thread. lol

after watching dickless as our coach i think its open season for that full time lol anytime, anywhere

feldspar
04-13-2015, 02:38 PM
I am weeping in rage again and gnawing a bath towel.

Drugs or alcohol may be the solution to your problem, or perhaps the root cause...or maybe both.

Then again, it could just be those pesky Bills.