PDA

View Full Version : X's 2015 Bills Mock Draft V2.0

X-Era
04-10-2015, 04:04 PM
This year we have solidified many starting spots and have good depth across almost all positions. Although we have few picks we also have few glaring holes. This year the team can focus on BPA maybe more than ever. Obviously BPA at a position of need always trumps applying strictly the BPA approach.

Based on the previous assumptions and using more of a tier system I'm listing my favorites at each pick with and eye to BPA at a position with some need:

Round 2 (50):
Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor
Stephone Coleman, LB, Clemson
Tyler Lockett, WR/KR, Kansas State
Devin Funchess, WR/TE, Michigan
Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota
Laken Tomlinson, G, Duke

X's pick- Bryce Petty- On the rise a bit by folks like Mayock who see him as the 3rd best QB after Mariota and Winston. Has all the physical tools you look as far as touch, arm strength, and accuracy. Has a tough mentality and can be a field general. The knock is that he came from a spread. But with recent data suggesting the NFL saw 70% on the snaps come from the shotgun last year an argument could be made that experience making drops isn't as important as it once was. The learning curve may be steep for him when it comes to reading defenses and going through progressions since he really has only been asked to throw to the first and primary receiver. So, this will be the thing he will have to develop and show he can master. On the flip side, if he had that experience we might be looking at him as the 2nd best or even top QB in this class and he would be out of the question at 50. Round 3 may be possible as well with Petty considering teams may shy away from a spread QB. But, if the Bills really like him they may just take him in the 2nd for fear that he will be gone by pick 81.

Round 3 (81):
Tre Jackson, G, Florida State
AJ Cann, G, South Carolina
Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State
Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor
Mario Edwards Jr., DE, Florida State
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon
Kwon Alexnader, LB, LSU
Quinton Rollins, CB, Miami (OH)

X's pick- Tre Jackson- A road grader run blocker who should be able to push for a starting job at G day one. Not as accomplished as a pass protector but Roman may run an offense where the ball gets out quick and doesn't rely on the OL to provide a solid 3 seconds after the snap to get the ball out.

Round 5 (155):
Wes Saxton, TE, South Alabama
Taiwan Jones, LB, Michigan State
Arie Kouandjio, G, Alabama
Chaz Green, T, Florida

X's pick- Wes Saxton- Incredible small school athelete at TE. The sort of receiving threat that might entice a Roman led offense to pounce. With rumors that the Bills wanted Jermaine Gresham even with Clay and Romans propensity to use TE's I don't think it's impossible to see us draft a TE. Saxton is just a really intriguing prospect.

Round 6 (188):
Tony Lippett, WR, Michigan State
Chaz Green, T, Florida
Tyler Varga, RB, Yale

X's Pick- Chaz Green- Experience playing left and right tackle. Like his athleticism for a big man. He can potentially push to be the 3rd tackle in the swing position. A possible replacement for Chris Hairston.

Round 6 (194):
John Miller, G, Louisville
Alani Fua, OLB, BYU
Vince Mayle, WR, Washington State
Shane Carden, QB, ECU
Tony Washington, OLB, Oregon

X's pick- Alani Fua- Should be a special teams contributor right away. Smart player with decent instincts. Could be solid in role situations as a backup.

Round 7 (234):
Leon Orr, DT, Florida
Josue Matias, G, Florida State
Damien Wilson, LB, Minnesota
Detrick Bonner, S, Virginia Tech
Chris Hackett, S, TCU
Justin Cox, S, Miss State
Tre DePriest, LB, Alabama

X's pick- Tre DePriest- Two down run stuffing ILB. Could help the run defense as a backup.

Even better version:
To land Laken Tomlinson in the 2nd and still manage to get Bryce Petty in the 3rd. I think thats entirely possible. I'd be ecstatic.

SpikedLemonade
04-10-2015, 04:14 PM
Good work.

I don't see any DTs or NTs in the list (oh I missed Orr in the 7th round) and we should at least be considering one of those with Kyle being on his last legs and Dareus being a FA next year.

If we draft a TE or WR/KR in the 2nd round, I will ****in lose it.

I hope we don't draft anyone that weighs less than 300 lbs. before the end of the 3rd round.

The Jokeman
04-11-2015, 07:12 AM
Good work.

I don't see any DTs or NTs in the list (oh I missed Orr in the 7th round) and we should at least be considering one of those with Kyle being on his last legs and Dareus being a FA next year.

If we draft a TE or WR/KR in the 2nd round, I will ****in lose it.

I hope we don't draft anyone that weighs less than 300 lbs. before the end of the 3rd round.

Depending on how the draft falls I'd have no issues taking a TE in round 2. More specifically if Cann and/or a high caliber DT/DE is off the board and a guy like Walford is sitting there I grab him. As I don't feel Gragg/Gray are ideal number 2s. Of course we might still sign someone after May 12.

elltrain22
04-11-2015, 03:35 PM
Good Stuff!! Petty would be awesome!!

Parzival
04-11-2015, 04:22 PM
Gotta be QB or G with our second rounder, although you have to think about TE if Maxx Williams is on the board still.

Uncle Jesse
04-11-2015, 05:10 PM
Bryce Petty in the 2nd round would be a trainwreck of a pick. He's a turd who is the definition of "product of the system".

Uncle Jesse
04-11-2015, 05:13 PM
Gotta be QB or G with our second rounder, although you have to think about TE if Maxx Williams is on the board still.

Why QB? There is nobody worth taking then at QB. Why waste a pick there? It would be so dumb.

Mace
04-11-2015, 08:04 PM
You lost me wanting Petty and Grayson if available in diff rounds, who aren't at all similar. They have to either want one type or the other.

Meathead
04-29-2015, 09:36 AM
tbh i would play the waiting game and only take petty if he was free falling in the draft. im not sure if theres room at the top for someone like him so i dont want the bills to be rebels on this pick. if they did i would honestly walk right up to whaley and say 'boy you wreck me, you dont know how it feels to be a fan of this team, dont do me like that. its like youre running down a dream on purpose. i put my heart and soul into the bills, and i wont back down on this one. cmon man, stop acting like a dumb american girl, stop dragging my heart around, and if you cant then maybe its time you became a refugee from mary jane (wilsons) last dance

DesertFox24
04-29-2015, 11:14 AM
Lets be honest here folks there is no one we are going to draft that is going to have an impact this year. That being said drafting a QB this year is probably not a bad idea as Cassal can be the caretaker for a year and more likely two as Petty gets better. If we draft a QB this year what I do not want to see happen is us pass on a QB in the first round next year. Connor Cook, Kevin Hogan, Hackenburg, and some others come from a pro style system and I think could be good options.

paladin warrior
04-29-2015, 11:40 AM
2Nd round G/T.E. 3rd round OL/QB