X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

My top 5 QBs in the draft

From watching them, ive comw up with my top ten.

1. Jameis Winston
    2. Bryce Petty
    3. Sean Mannion
    4. Marcus Mariota
    5. Garret Grayson

This is strictly on my opinions of who are pro ready. Petty and Mannion show way more Nfl QB traits than Mariota, while Grayson doesnt seem to have a consistent throwing motion or accuracy to be a good Nfl QB. Mariota in my opinion, has had way to many bad throws and bad performances to justify him being a top 3 QB. Imo you basically have to be perfect in your college career at oregon to justify you as a first rounder. When most of your team is all around better athletes than every team you play, along with a up tempo quick pass and screen offense that depends heavily on maybe 2 reads than QB run. I cant see a justification for him being such a high pick. Mariota honestly reminds me of Tebow. I have my money on Petty and Manion, well talk in 3 yrs
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: My top 5 QBs in the draft

You know it's a bad crop when the arguably third best could be had in the sixth.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Swiper
      • Sep 2010

Quite a statement on college football.

All those teams and they can't produce better pro QB prospects.

Comment

• Cali512
        • Jan 2012

Mannion has a lot of Flacco in him.

Petty has a elite throwing arm thats release and velocity reminds me of Brady. But the way he tanked vs Michigan state worrys me

Winston also screams bust to me but he is the most gifted all around
        Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• tonyc37
          • Jan 2006

You realize Petty has a similar type of offense to Mariotta don't you?Petty didn't have to go through progressions,make quick decisions,or go under center.If your going by pro ready it wold go Winston,Mannion,grayson,Petty,and Mariotta.The last two are guys that need to sit at least a year maybe two.Also by all accounts Mannion has made the most progress since the combine and is on track to be the third QB taken.

Comment

• The Jokeman
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by tonyc37 View Post
            You realize Petty has a similar type of offense to Mariotta don't you?Petty didn't have to go through progressions,make quick decisions,or go under center.If your going by pro ready it wold go Winston,Mannion,grayson,Petty,and Mariotta.The last two are guys that need to sit at least a year maybe two.Also by all accounts Mannion has made the most progress since the combine and is on track to be the third QB taken.
            Mannion has limited athletic ability compared to some of the other guys. I say at best he's the 6th best QB. To me the top 5 are:

1. Winston
            2. Mariotta
            3. Petty
            4. Grayson
            5. Hundley

Comment

• Cali512
              • Jan 2012

You just judged a QB ona trait that the top 10 QBs of the past decade dont possess

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

I'd be surprised if we wasted a pick on some low rated QB after aquiring Cassel & Taylor to go with Manuel. The guy would be nothing more than camp fodder battling Tuel to see who could clean up trays after meals.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• John Doe
                  Florida Man
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                  I'd be surprised if we wasted a pick on some low rated QB after aquiring Cassel & Taylor to go with Manuel. The guy would be nothing more than camp fodder battling Tuel to see who could clean up trays after meals.
                  Exactly.

It is going to be hard enough to split reps in a 3-way QB competition without having a 4th thrown into the mix.

Comment

Working...
                  X