PDA

View Full Version : Who Do You Like At Safety?

BillsImpossible
04-12-2015, 01:06 PM
Aaron Williams and ?

Meeks, Rambo, Duke Williams, or Ladler?

I'm not sold on any of those guys and the coaching staff might agree.

Gerod Holliman - 6'0 218 lbs

"From?"

(Tom Jackson) Louisville.

Led the nation in 2014 with 14 interceptions. Projected to be drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round.

After the discussions about who's going to play linebacker and defensive end, I'm leaning towards drafting the kind of safety Rex Ryan wants to put on top of his defense.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/A3mUlJZh-5Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

YardRat
04-12-2015, 01:26 PM
I'd like to see what Duke can bring this season...and Ladler. We can probably get either Louisville safety in the third, Holliman may last until the fifth. Wouldn't mind Drummond, DB's boy Tartt or Dargan in that area either.

BillsImpossible
04-12-2015, 02:13 PM
Is the 2nd safety position the biggest hole in the Bills defense?

The cornerbacks are set with Gilmore, McKelvin, Williams, and Robey.

The linebackers are set with Hughes, Bradham, Brown, and Lawson.

The defensive ends are set with Mario Williams, Wynn, and Charles.

My guess is that Kyle Williams and Marcell Dareus will alternate between playing NT and DE.

Aaron Williams is an excellent safety, but who plays next to him is a huge question mark.

When it comes to linebackers, defensive ends, and cornerbacks, the Bills have a lot of depth.

When it comes to safety, the Bills have Aaron Williams and a lot of hope at best.

YardRat
04-12-2015, 02:35 PM
Arguably it might be, but personally NT, DE and S are all on equal footing as far as being a question mark...other than the scheme itself.

BillsImpossible
04-12-2015, 03:05 PM
Arguably it might be, but personally NT, DE and S are all on equal footing as far as being a question mark...other than the scheme itself.

I don't think they are on equal footing.

Kyle Williams, Dareus, and Charles can play nose tackle.

Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, Wynn, and Charles can play defensive end.

Corey Graham can play safety, but I don't think he's the type of safety Rex Ryan wants.

Thurmal
04-12-2015, 03:27 PM
Duke Williams has had some flashes, but he strikes me as a guy who is looking for the big hit before the INT.

I like a safety that's a ballhawk a la Troy Vincent, Henry Jones, Mark Kelso etc.

BillsImpossible
04-12-2015, 03:40 PM
Duke Williams has had some flashes, but he strikes me as a guy who is looking for the big hit before the INT.

I like a safety that's a ballhawk a la Troy Vincent, Henry Jones, Mark Kelso etc.

Gerod Holliman is a ball hawk. 14 picks, led the nation.

Night Train
04-12-2015, 03:54 PM
Tony Greene

BillsImpossible
04-12-2015, 04:04 PM
Mike Mayock thinks Damarious Randall is, "The best man cover guy at the safety position, don't be surprised if he goes in the 2nd round."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000484862/article/mayock-nelson-agholor-leads-2015-nfl-drafts-fastest-risers

Don't forget Mayock's fifth-fastest riser in the draft, either -- Arizona State's Damarious Randall (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/damarious-randall?id=2552389) was just bumped to Mayock's No. 3 safety in the draft, and Mayock believes he is the best man-coverage player at the position.

The Jokeman
04-12-2015, 04:33 PM
Is the 2nd safety position the biggest hole in the Bills defense?

The cornerbacks are set with Gilmore, McKelvin, Williams, and Robey.

The linebackers are set with Hughes, Bradham, Brown, and Lawson.

The defensive ends are set with Mario Williams, Wynn, and Charles.

My guess is that Kyle Williams and Marcell Dareus will alternate between playing NT and DE.

Aaron Williams is an excellent safety, but who plays next to him is a huge question mark.

When it comes to linebackers, defensive ends, and cornerbacks, the Bills have a lot of depth.

When it comes to safety, the Bills have Aaron Williams and a lot of hope at best.

I bet we bring in DaWan Landry after May 12th to compete with Duke Williams.

The Jokeman
04-12-2015, 04:39 PM
I don't think they are on equal footing.

Kyle Williams, Dareus, and Charles can play nose tackle.

Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, Wynn, and Charles can play defensive end.

Corey Graham can play safety, but I don't think he's the type of safety Rex Ryan wants.

Kyle Williams playing NT is a nightmare. Dareus can but ideally both of them are better served as 4-3 DTs. Yet Dareus is good enough that he can serve in a 34 whereas I don't think Kyle does.

Ginger Vitis
04-12-2015, 07:46 PM
So you're saying you want a safety in the 2nd round

BertSquirtgum
04-12-2015, 08:28 PM
Darren Sharper

CleveSteve
04-12-2015, 08:37 PM
Anthony Jefferson and Adrian Amos are my favorites. One or both of them seem to be likely available at your fifth round pick. Holloman is soft as butter. I prefer his teammate Sample to him, but Jefferson and Amos are awesome in man coverage.

Check out this Jaelen Strong cut-up vs. UCLA... the difference between #23 (Jefferson) and anyone else covering him is night and day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAKaEbuduvA

Mr. Pink
04-14-2015, 07:47 AM
Dawan Landry.