PDA

View Full Version : Won't be shocked if Tyler Lockett is a Bill

X-Era
04-12-2015, 01:11 PM
Many will be pissed claiming it isn't a need at all and he may go as high as the 2nd round. With the Harvin signing that had several scratching their heads drafting yet another WR would seem ridiculous.

However, Lockett is a play-maker and I love the kids toughness and athleticism. He could be great in the return game as well. Rumors that he may be even being looked at at CB... some may think he's a poor mans Devin Hester.

The Bills have been rumored to be looking at Lockett.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to hear his name called as a Bill with one of our two first picks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000476647/article/jeremiah-kansas-state-wr-tyler-lockett-will-be-nfl-draft-steal
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1860834/tyler-lockett

YardRat
04-12-2015, 01:15 PM
Whaley did say he wanted to add another receiver, but that was relative to a vet FA.

stuckincincy
04-12-2015, 01:17 PM
BUF - able to combine a smash-mouth run game and field 5 receivers at the same time. The league better watch out...

X-Era
04-12-2015, 01:49 PM
BUF - able to combine a smash-mouth run game and field 5 receivers at the same time. The league better watch out...
If it's 1 TE's and 3 WR's with the RB being one of the 5 receiving options? Sure. A 1 back set can be "smash mouth".

I'd love to see every position have a backup who's very capable and can step in without a huge drop-off... Slot WR is a position where I'd like two legit options.

We're likely to keep 5 WR's. Any #3 or beyond that can be a very good special teamer is a bonus to make the roster:

Watkins and Woods are givens.
Harvin and Easley are likely. Easley just re-signed and plays ST. Harvin is a noted return man as well.

That leaves Hogan and Goodwin to battle with Lockett for the 5th spot. I like Hogan a lot and as a slot guy. Goodwin I can take or leave. He's just not done enough as a WR or special teamer to be a sure thing to make the roster with an all new staff.

Roman runs the spread and I a lot.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-analysis-all-22/2015/1/13/7537379/what-can-buffalo-bills-fans-expect-from-the-greg-roman-offense
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/22-san-francisco-complex-offense-far-more-running-171041695--nfl.html

BillsImpossible
04-12-2015, 01:55 PM
Doug Whaley really needs to get his 2nd round draft pick right this year. With his back up against the wall, he's going to do what he knows best and that's defense. Rex Ryan wants to create the greatest defense the NFL has ever seen before too, so I think it's a lock that the Bills go defense in round 2.

If the Bills draft a WR in round 2, I'll throw up.

stuckincincy
04-12-2015, 02:04 PM
If it's 1 TE's and 3 WR's with the RB being one of the 5 receiving options? Sure. A 1 back set can be "smash mouth".

We will see. This club has swayed from drafting substantial numbers of DBs to drafting substantial numbers of WRs, then after fan outcry, drafted 3 OLs and kept all of them on the roster (!). Paid for the enigmatic Harvin. Paid good $ for a TE this FA season who I expect will get some tosses assuming whoever plays qb has the time on a club that had led the league in shortest time for launching passes since Fitz sowed up. The two they let go (Chandler, Smith) landed decent contracts with other clubs. They handed over picks to move up for Watkins.

I can't see them being in the market for a rookie WR.

X-Era
04-12-2015, 02:13 PM
We will see. This club has swayed from drafting substantial numbers of DBs to drafting substantial numbers of WRs, then after fan outcry, drafted 3 OLs and kept all of them on the roster (!). Paid for the enigmatic Harvin. Paid good $ for a TE this FA season who I expect will get some tosses assuming whoever plays qb has the time on a club that had led the league in shortest time for launching passes since Fitz sowed up. The two they let go (Chandler, Smith) landed decent contracts with other clubs. They handed over picks to move up for Watkins.

I can't see them being in the market for a rookie WR.I don't disagree that the need doesn't seem to be there. However, I think the Bills feel they can go BPA this year more than in many past years.

I think they will draft an OL. But it may only be one.

I can't pinpoint a clear hole which puts BPA even at spots that may seem strong in play.

stuckincincy
04-12-2015, 02:27 PM
I don't disagree that the need doesn't seem to be there. However, I think the Bills feel they can go BPA this year more than in many past years.

I think they will draft an OL. But it may only be one.

I can't pinpoint a clear hole which puts BPA even at spots that may seem strong in play.

I can't either, given that their 1st selection is #50 in the draft. I think they would have to really have info other clubs don't have to select a rookie starting OL that might be a solid starter.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they grab the best DB on their board. Chuckle as we might about Jauron and Levy and the DB mania, it is a passing league. They do have an aging McKelvin, and aging Graham, the Gilmore contract coming up, 5th year which can be exercised of course.

YardRat
04-12-2015, 02:39 PM
It's been pretty widely reported that the team has already decided to pick up Gilmore's fifth year.

swiper
04-12-2015, 02:46 PM
His name's not Williams. So I doubt it.

The Jokeman
04-12-2015, 05:14 PM

I can't see them being in the market for a rookie WR.

I could see us taking a WR in Round 6 or 7 as a depth guy who could be a return man developmental slot guy. Kaelin Clay fits the mold and might be worth looking at. Another interesting guy in the Round 3 area would be Darren Waller who from a size/speed standpoint could be a an ideal redzone threat that we lack. Yet think we could use a more traditional TE type that could fit this role too as wouldn't be shocked if we bring in Gresham after May 12 as talk is we liked him before his surgery this offseason.

SpikedLemonade
04-12-2015, 05:16 PM
I expect Harvin to be our prime return guy.

The Jokeman
04-12-2015, 05:19 PM
I expect Harvin to be our prime return guy.

It doesn't hurt to have a fallback option if Harvin is asked to do more. As could see Percy ended up having more yards and receptions than Robert Woods this season.

stuckincincy
04-13-2015, 05:10 AM
I could see us taking a WR in Round 6 or 7 as a depth guy who could be a return man developmental slot guy. Kaelin Clay fits the mold and might be worth looking at. Another interesting guy in the Round 3 area would be Darren Waller who from a size/speed standpoint could be a an ideal redzone threat that we lack. Yet think we could use a more traditional TE type that could fit this role too as wouldn't be shocked if we bring in Gresham after May 12 as talk is we liked him before his surgery this offseason.

I could see that, too. Those rounds go fast...the 3 or 4 players you might be thinking about can be gone minutes before you select.

A WR in the 6th or 7th isn't a bad idea. Watkins has had surgery, Harvin has his headache history. No problems anticipated with either AFAIK, but who knows?

better days
04-13-2015, 08:17 AM
A 5'9" WR? WHY? I would be very surprised with Locket as a pick by the Bills.

IF the Bills were to draft a WR, IMO they would want a receiver with SIZE.

justasportsfan
04-14-2015, 06:32 AM
Not gonna happen. The bills are going to use their only 2nd rd pick to draft the 10 players that Billsimpossible said they would draft in the 2nd rd

better days
04-14-2015, 07:46 AM

I'd love to see every position have a backup who's very capable and can step in without a huge drop-off... Slot WR is a position where I'd like two legit options.

We're likely to keep 5 WR's. Any #3 or beyond that can be a very good special teamer is a bonus to make the roster:

Watkins and Woods are givens.
Harvin and Easley are likely. Easley just re-signed and plays ST. Harvin is a noted return man as well.

That leaves Hogan and Goodwin to battle with Lockett for the 5th spot. I like Hogan a lot and as a slot guy. Goodwin I can take or leave. He's just not done enough as a WR or special teamer to be a sure thing to make the roster with an all new staff.

Roman runs the spread and I a lot.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/buffalo-bills-analysis-all-22/2015/1/13/7537379/what-can-buffalo-bills-fans-expect-from-the-greg-roman-offense
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/22-san-francisco-complex-offense-far-more-running-171041695--nfl.html

Well, what has Hogan done to make you like him?

Goodwin did not produce last year, but I think that was because of Marrone.