• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Home Opener

Way too early for this but I'm hoping to make it to the home opener this year. I have a feeling this is our year.

What area is it where most of us usually stay? Is it Amhurst? I cannot remember.
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Home Opener

I stay in Williamsville typically.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Yeah we stayed at that chithole Super 8 last time, that's right.

This year I think I'll live it up a little and stay in a nicer place. Maybe Hilton Garden Inn at the airport. Should be only blocks away from Williamsville?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

King, you guys going?

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

It's 'Amherst', goddammit...get it right.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            It's 'Amherst', goddammit...get it right.
            It's personal for you huh?

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

not too far south of the stadium theres some nice barn lofts and each comes with a free sleeping goat
              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• jamze132
                Don’t hate…
                • Jun 2003

Hey since I'm back living in the US for the first time in 9 years, I am planning on coming to Buffalo for the home opener. In case anyone cares...

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                  It's personal for you huh?
                  No, just busting your balls.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                    not too far south of the stadium theres some nice barn lofts and each comes with a free sleeping goat
                    Ha one time we decided to go to a game last minute and ended up staying at a Red Roof Inn in Hamburg or somewhere near there. They put that safety latch thing on the door too tight and it latched itself when we left. I ended up having to kick in the door of my own hotel room.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Also I really want to go this year but we also want to buy a house so I don't want to commit just yet. Depends on how the move goes and how much we spend.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• jpdex12
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                        Also I really want to go this year but we also want to buy a house so I don't want to commit just yet. Depends on how the move goes and how much we spend.
                        what? you can afford to buy a house but not an ***** ticket or gas? WTF? That's gay! You really aren't a fan.
                        Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• Meathead
                          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                          • Jul 2002

one time when i lived out of town and still had seasons tix i decided to stay at one of the little motels very near the stadium so that i could totally relax on game morning and didnt have to worry about drinking and driving. it cost like three hundred bucks (mid 90's) but i figured hey its going to cost to be close to the stadium but it will be worth it

big mistake. remember that i love lucy episode where they stayed in the place that was right next to the train station? it was a lot like that

the entire night was virtually unsleepable. it started when i opened the door and caught a whiff. it wasnt like the place was totally disgusting but it did have an odor that said yeah theres been A LOT of partying here

so we partied it up with the other degenerates until maybe two oclock and decided we had had enough. apparently we were the pussies because it seemed like NOBODY else was ready for bed in the whole place. constant noise, music, banging (both thumping and screwing) was our annoying bedtime lullaby. it was so bad we eventually just got up and continued to party until we felt like we were gonna collapse, maybe four in the morning

and about the 'bed'. i guess it technically qualified as a bed, though i dont think it was possible to actually sleep in it. just like in that lucy episode, it was totally lacking in middle support so that you sunk way down all slammed up against whoever else was in the bed. it was funny at first but even with a hot gf it sucked to be smooshed together like that. we had to put the mattress on the floor just to be able to 'sleep'. and that was not a floor that you wanted to be closer to so that sucked. good thing we were hammered, i can tell you that

i noticed that the constant noise died down at about five am ... only to start right back up again at about six. blaring music, wooting, shouting, farting and burping. all right there bright and early on a sunday morning. great place to take your family. lmao

my plan to have a nice relaxing sunday morning blown all to ѕhit. we were exhausted the whole game

in hindsight, wtf did i expect?!? easy walking distance to the game, ppl all stocked up on booze and enthusiasm for the game. and once youre there you dont gotta worry about driving for at least twenty four hours. of COURSE it was gonna be a relaxation disaster. dumbass
                          Last edited by Meathead; 04-14-2015, 04:18 AM.
                          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• The King
                            Without me it's just Awe so
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                            King, you guys going?
                            At the very least I'll be going.
                            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                            It was all
                            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                              one time when i lived out of town and still had seasons tix i decided to stay at one of the little motels very near the stadium so that i could totally relax on game morning and didnt have to worry about drinking and driving. it cost like three hundred bucks (mid 90's) but i figured hey its going to cost to be close to the stadium but it will be worth it

big mistake. remember that i love lucy episode where they stayed in the place that was right next to the train station? it was a lot like that

the entire night was virtually unsleepable. it started when i opened the door and caught a whiff. it wasnt like the place was totally disgusting but it did have an odor that said yeah theres been A LOT of partying here

so we partied it up with the other degenerates until maybe two oclock and decided we had had enough. apparently we were the pussies because it seemed like NOBODY else was ready for bed in the whole place. constant noise, music, banging (both thumping and screwing) was our annoying bedtime lullaby. it was so bad we eventually just got up and continued to party until we felt like we were gonna collapse, maybe four in the morning

and about the 'bed'. i guess it technically qualified as a bed, though i dont think it was possible to actually sleep in it. just like in that lucy episode, it was totally lacking in middle support so that you sunk way down all slammed up against whoever else was in the bed. it was funny at first but even with a hot gf it sucked to be smooshed together like that. we had to put the mattress on the floor just to be able to 'sleep'. and that was not a floor that you wanted to be closer to so that sucked. good thing we were hammered, i can tell you that

i noticed that the constant noise died down at about five am ... only to start right back up again at about six. blaring music, wooting, shouting, farting and burping. all right there bright and early on a sunday morning. great place to take your family. lmao

my plan to have a nice relaxing sunday morning blown all to ѕhit. we were exhausted the whole game

in hindsight, wtf did i expect?!? easy walking distance to the game, ppl all stocked up on booze and enthusiasm for the game. and once youre there you dont gotta worry about driving for at least twenty four hours. of COURSE it was gonna be a relaxation disaster. dumbass
                              Good idea on the no drinking and driving - Bad idea on the little hole in the wall motel.

One word: Taxi.

I'm going to treat myself to a nice hotel away from nutjobs.

Comment

Working...
                              X