PDA

View Full Version : David Lee Made Some Interesting Comments About The Quarterback Competition Today

BillsImpossible
04-13-2015, 06:31 PM
Excellent article over at WGR by Matthew Coller.

http://www.wgr550.com/Can-QB-coach-David-Lee-improve-the-Bills-quarterba/21359112

On EJ Manuel - “His mindset right now is: I'm ready to come in here and run," Lee said. "My first conversation with him was, 'EJ, when I looked at you coming out, the Florida game, you beat them three times with your legs against a fast secondary.' I said to get those chains off and get running."

(M. Coller) - Lee did not want to divulge his thoughts on Manuel's mechanics...

On Matt Cassel - "I like watching him break the huddle and ID the Mike linebacker, re-direct protection, throw the ball outside the numbers," Lee said in his Southern accent. "He's a fighter, he's a competitor, all those things are the reasons you want to go get a guy."

On Tyrod Taylor - "He might be the fastest guy if you timed them all. "He's exciting to all of us because he has that I-can-beat-you-with-my-legs dimension. But I think he has a beautiful throwing motion, we just have to see how accurate he is. He is extremely smart. I wouldn't mention Wildcat with him because he's in this competition."

----------

So EJ Manuel needs to take off his training wheels and start running more, Matt Cassel is a backup, and Tyrod Taylor is the fastest guy that can beat a team with his legs and has an awesome throwing motion.

Sounds like the QB competition is over before it ever started.

better days
04-13-2015, 06:37 PM
How can Lee comment on EJ's mechanics when he has not had a chance to see EJ throw since EJ has worked with DeBurg?

BillsImpossible
04-13-2015, 06:41 PM
How can Lee comment on EJ's mechanics when he has not had a chance to see EJ throw since EJ has worked with DeBurg?

"Lee did not want to divulge his thoughts on Manuel's mechanics."

He didn't comment on EJ's mechanics.

better days
04-13-2015, 06:47 PM
"Lee did not want to divulge his thoughts on Manuel's mechanics."

He didn't comment on EJ's mechanics.

Lee does not want to divulge his thoughts on something he has no knowledge of.

That is the reason for the no comments by Lee.

swiper
04-13-2015, 06:48 PM
DeBErg dammit.

Jaybird
04-13-2015, 06:50 PM
not sure what makes you believe the competition is over

BillsImpossible
04-13-2015, 07:07 PM
not sure what makes you believe the competition is over

It's not over, but the quotes are quite revealing.

Lee wants EJ to run more, and he's not sure EJ will be able to do that, 'when the bullets fly.'

His comments on Cassel were standard, text-book NFL coach speak for, "He's a backup at best but I can't say that."

Cassel can't run, which is a huge liability in the kind of offense I think the Bills want to run in 2015.

Lee's comments on Tyrod Taylor were a 180 degree difference in comparison to what he said about Manuel and Cassel.

Goobylal
04-13-2015, 07:29 PM
Taylor may have a nice throwing motion, but his accuracy is bad.

justasportsfan
04-13-2015, 07:33 PM
Ej has to stop becoming the wuss that Marrone turned him into. Just play football and stop over thinking . Just go become a football player

BillsImpossible
04-13-2015, 07:36 PM
Taylor may have a nice throwing motion, but his accuracy is bad.

Based off of 1 game in week 17, or college?

Does 4 years sitting behind Joe Flacco on a John Harbaugh coached team not count?

4 years behind a Super Bowl winning quarterback on a team that knows how to win with defense vs.

12 games behind Kyle Orton.

BillsImpossible
04-13-2015, 08:01 PM
Lee does not want to divulge his thoughts on something he has no knowledge of.

That is the reason for the no comments by Lee.

He didn't comment on EJ's mechanics but that does not mean he has no knowledge of EJ's mechanics.

David Lee has more than likely watched every single snap EJ Manuel has ever taken in college and practice, preseason, and regular season as a Buffalo Bill.

He didn't make any comments about Manuel's mechanics because EJ doesn't have them. There's nothing to comment on.

On the other hand, Lee's comments about Tyrod Taylor matched the comments made by Rex Ryan.

Tyrod Taylor is the fastest quarterback on the field.

better days
04-13-2015, 08:10 PM
He didn't comment on EJ's mechanics but that does not mean he has no knowledge of EJ's mechanics.

David Lee has more than likely watched every single snap EJ Manuel has ever taken in college and practice, preseason, and regular season as a Buffalo Bill.

He didn't make any comments about Manuel's mechanics because EJ doesn't have them. There's nothing to comment on.

On the other hand, Lee's comments about Tyrod Taylor matched the comments made by Rex Ryan.

Tyrod Taylor is the fastest quarterback on the field.

Lee has not seen EJ's mechanics since EJ has worked with DeBerg.

For the 2nd time because you can't read.

BillsImpossible
04-13-2015, 08:22 PM
If you were Bill Belichick, would you not order your minions to produce every single shred of game tape on Tyrod Taylor possible, or would you concentrate more on EJ Manuel or a quarterback he already knows in Matt Cassel?

Deep in the heart of his dark secret hidden room beneath Gillette Stadium, the Hoody is watching film, eating pizza, drinking Budweiser and hitting a bong with Robert Kraft and Bon Jovi.

Who do you think the Patriots are watching the most game film on in the AFC East?

Geno Smith? EJ Manuel? Matt Cassel? Ryan Tannehill? Tyrod Taylor?

The only way the Dark Hoody would ever have any real game film on Tyrod Taylor is if his spies penetrated and recorded the Ravens open practices over the last 4 years.

Not like Bill Belichick would ever do such a thing, I'm being ridiculous.

BillsImpossible
04-13-2015, 08:29 PM
Lee has not seen EJ's mechanics since EJ has worked with DeBerg.

For the 2nd time because you can't read.

Do you honestly believe that Steve DeBerg is the answer to turning EJ Manuel in to a starting quarterback in the NFL?

swiper
04-13-2015, 08:43 PM
Do you honestly believe that Steve DeBerg is the answer to turning EJ Manuel in to a starting quarterback in the NFL?

He lasted 21 seasons in the NFL dammit.

YardRat
04-13-2015, 09:39 PM
If the plan is to plug in a QB because he can run the ball then they just wasted about $91 million dollars in free agency.

Topas
04-14-2015, 12:57 AM
It's not over, but the quotes are quite revealing.

Lee wants EJ to run more, and he's not sure EJ will be able to do that, 'when the bullets fly.'

His comments on Cassel were standard, text-book NFL coach speak for, "He's a backup at best but I can't say that."

Cassel can't run, which is a huge liability in the kind of offense I think the Bills want to run in 2015.

Lee's comments on Tyrod Taylor were a 180 degree difference in comparison to what he said about Manuel and Cassel.

Absolutely agree. He basically said, EJ and Cassel are decent backup QBs but no All Pros. And Tyrod might become a good RB.

Honestly, you are ridiculous when you are reading in there that the QB competition is next to over. I might agree that they have the most hope for Tyrod, because the other two already proved that they will never become All-Pros.
But to read this out of these quotes is ridiculous.

Night Train
04-14-2015, 04:33 AM
What I got out of that is ISIS wil overrun us and we are doomed as a world.

Goobylal
04-14-2015, 05:55 AM

Does 4 years sitting behind Joe Flacco on a John Harbaugh coached team not count?

4 years behind a Super Bowl winning quarterback on a team that knows how to win with defense vs.

Based on college and the chances he has gotten in the NFL.

HHURRICANE
04-14-2015, 06:51 AM
Talk about reading too much into comments:

1) EJ was a puss. He does need to run and actually run out after the first down marker...not before.
2) Cassel can run this offense the best of the three QBs and he's not that slow if you've actually watched him play.
3) I watched Tyrod. He fought for the backup the last three years so I highly doubt he magically becomes the starter.

casdhf
04-14-2015, 07:08 AM
EJ ran a lot until he injured himself. Hopefully he doesn't get "trent-itis" and let one play ruin him.

Goobylal
04-14-2015, 07:38 AM
Talk about reading too much into comments:

1) EJ was a puss. He does need to run and actually run out after the first down marker...not before.
2) Cassel can run this offense the best of the three QBs and he's not that slow if you've actually watched him play.
3) I watched Tyrod. He fought for the backup the last three years so I highly doubt he magically becomes the starter.
1. EJ was probably told not to runny Marrone and co.
2. Cassel's last 4 unimpressive, if not bad, seasons don't inspire much confidence.
3. Agree

Mouldsie
04-14-2015, 08:11 PM
EJ needs to throw the ball downfield, not run. He's not even that good of a runner

Buddo
04-15-2015, 05:38 AM
EJ needs to throw the ball downfield, not run. He's not even that good of a runner

If he gets free, he is. He's got decent speed once he gets going, and takes some catching.

Not too keen on seing him take a lot of contact though, as he's not a RB.

Contact to get the first down, for sure, but not to get an extra couple of meaningless yards.

HHURRICANE
04-15-2015, 06:34 AM
I read this article on Lee's thoughts this AM. I didn't take anything away other than Tuel wasn't mentioned.

Bill Cody
04-15-2015, 07:36 AM

lol