PDA

View Full Version : Kpusandijo - please stop blaming coaches

ghz in pittsburgh
04-14-2015, 09:50 AM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2015/04/14/kouandjio-on-new-ol-coach-kromer/

Maybe you should stay in Alabama one more year to learn all the techniques before declaring. It's popular to bashing Marrone and Morris. I prefer you listen to MJ's Man in the Mirror more often.

better days
04-14-2015, 10:54 AM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2015/04/14/kouandjio-on-new-ol-coach-kromer/

Maybe you should stay in Alabama one more year to learn all the techniques before declaring. It's popular to bashing Marrone and Morris. I prefer you listen to MJ's Man in the Mirror more often.

The reason it is popular to bash Marrone & Morris is the OL took a nose dive under them.

And that was with many of the same players that were on the team & showed promise before Marrone was named HC.

Night Train
04-14-2015, 10:56 AM
A lot of it is him but the the entire OL regressed badly under Marrone/Morris.

There is something to what he was saying. Actual coaching is a plus.

feldspar
04-14-2015, 10:59 AM
Where exactly does he blame anyone for anything based on that quote?

justasportsfan
04-14-2015, 11:42 AM
It's popular to bashing Marrone and Morris.

but there are valid reasons . See Gailey/D'Alessandris vs Marrones/Morris (OL/offense). One got better the other got worse.

DesertFox24
04-14-2015, 01:09 PM
He did not say anything bad or even say the previous coaching staff did not teach. He just said it is nice the Kromer is a teacher and a coach.

To be honest I liked what he said because teachers are the ones that develop the players because the show them how and why to do things, not just what to do in this situation.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-14-2015, 01:21 PM

I dunno. People are being weird about player quotes recently.

Cali512
04-14-2015, 03:58 PM
Our screen game used to be unstoppable. Also the OL was top ten in sacks every year, compared to bottom ten these 2 years. Our running backs went from 4-7 ypc every game with chan, to sometimes not eclipsing 3 ypc.

Chan

QB- Fitz
RB- Jackson, Spiller
FB- McNtyre
OL- Glenn, Levitre, Wood, Urbik, Pears

Marrone

QB- Orton, Manuel
RB- Jackson Spiller
FB- Summers
OL- Glenn, Brown/Richardson/Williams/Urbik. Wood, Pears, Henderson

The main issue is we never had any continuity with the Guards. We went through a good 10-15 pairings in the last 2 years, meanwhile chan kept his line in tact. This all proves that at least half the blame is due to coaching

Along with the fact that the playcalling was flat stupid. We would do a draw play with only 2 WRs on the field in a 3rd and one play to Spiller. It happened multiple times. We would also attempt drag routes that nornally would have 2 Wrs in an area to block, but they would be going the opposite direction so wed have our player needing 8 yds of yac, but needing to break a bunch of tackles with no blockers to do it.

OpIv37
04-14-2015, 07:04 PM

I don't think he was talking about the player.

People here routinely defend Kwyjibo by blaming his poor play on on inferior coaching (and the rest of the OL for that matter). I think the OP was trying to say that the problems are with Kwyjibo himself- and not with the coaches- because he had the same problems in college.

He was a bad pick.

Frenchman
04-14-2015, 07:13 PM
Seems like a bad pick. You can't always blame the coaches. Though they do shoulder some blame and responsibility.

HHURRICANE
04-14-2015, 08:13 PM
Not a good pick and he looked terrible. I don't see him drastically improving. I think Henderson was a great pick so they balance eachother out.

Bill Cody
04-15-2015, 07:38 AM
If he wasn't a 2nd round pick he'd already be gone that's how bad he was. Wasted pick.

better days
04-15-2015, 08:26 AM
If he wasn't a 2nd round pick he'd already be gone that's how bad he was. Wasted pick.

He may be a wasted pick.

But he also may contribute to the team for years.

I will not judge any player, especially an OL player that had Marrone as his Coach until I see what he is when he has GOOD Coaching.

Bill Cody
04-15-2015, 09:15 AM
He may be a wasted pick.

But he also may contribute to the team for years.

I will not judge any player, especially an OL player that had Marrone as his Coach until I see what he is when he has GOOD Coaching.

Marrone wasn't my fav. But he was an OL coach. Kujo came in out of shape and soft. For his first job. We'll see. My expectations are extremely low.

Mr. Miyagi
04-15-2015, 10:30 AM
If you've been married long enough, you'll know that a compliment easily means a criticism on the opposite.

"You look nice today."
"What, do I look fat all the other days?"

Mace
04-15-2015, 10:45 AM
If you've been married long enough, you'll know that a compliment easily means a criticism on the opposite.

"You look nice today."
"What, do I look fat all the other days?"

C'mon though Miyagi, you don't even have to be married a long time, you just need to have talked to females a few times.

feldspar
04-15-2015, 10:57 AM

People here routinely defend Kwyjibo by blaming his poor play on on inferior coaching (and the rest of the OL for that matter). I think the OP was trying to say that the problems are with Kwyjibo himself- and not with the coaches- because he had the same problems in.

I fail to the context in that from what was presented in the OP, either.

Speak for yourself.

Ed
04-15-2015, 05:27 PM
The very first sentence from that article:

"Bills OL Cyrus Kouandjio has admitted his mindset wasn’t strong enough for the pro game as a rookie."

I haven't seen Kouandjio blame anyone but himself.

better days
04-16-2015, 10:51 AM
Marrone wasn't my fav. But he was an OL coach. Kujo came in out of shape and soft. For his first job. We'll see. My expectations are extremely low.

Questionable how good of an OL Coach Marrone is, can't wait to see the Jags OL play this year.

There is no denying the Bills OL regressed under Marrone.

BertSquirtgum
04-16-2015, 02:12 PM

People here routinely defend Kwyjibo by blaming his poor play on on inferior coaching (and the rest of the OL for that matter). I think the OP was trying to say that the problems are with Kwyjibo himself- and not with the coaches- because he had the same problems in college.

He was a bad pick.

Is it really that cool to spell Kouandjio wrong?

swiper
04-16-2015, 05:27 PM
People in Ransomville are just better spellers.

BertSquirtgum
04-17-2015, 10:20 PM
People in Ransomville are just better spellers.

Great post