PDA

View Full Version : Sammys Detroit catch was harder than Beckums

Cali512
04-15-2015, 02:51 PM
Beckum does that type of catch as practice. Back in high school i was messing around after school with my gloves on and did the same type of play when my friend overthrough a pass. Sammys on the other hand was absolutley amazing. In a split second he had to react to a poorly thrown ball, then had to slow down his body while tipping the ball toward himself, all the while being in between 3 detroit defenders. Making the catch to set up a game winning field goal. People will forever talk about the wrong catch of 2014

Mr. Miyagi
04-15-2015, 02:53 PM
Sammy will make more of these catches. Don't worry.

Joe Fo Sho
04-15-2015, 02:56 PM
i was messing around after school with my gloves on and did the same type of play when my friend overthrough a pass.

You caught a 50 yard bomb one handed while fighting off a defender and falling backwards with your arm fully extended while keeping 2 feet in bounds and landing on your back in the endzone?

jamze132
04-15-2015, 02:58 PM
Back in high school i was messing around after school with my gloves on and did the same type of play when my friend overthrough a pass.

LMAO

stuckincincy
04-15-2015, 03:04 PM
You caught a 50 yard bomb one handed while fighting off a defender and falling backwards with your arm fully extended while keeping 2 feet in bounds and landing on your back in the endzone?

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds?

Luisito23
04-15-2015, 03:08 PM
We should've traded for Cali instead of Sammy.

Mr. Miyagi
04-15-2015, 03:11 PM
Here's proof.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/football-catch-1137677.jpg

Cali512
04-15-2015, 03:32 PM
Some of you guys act like youve never played football with your friends and had a rediculous catch. Im just saying that if youve played football you cant tell me that if someone asked you to do either catch with the way the gloves are in pro football, that Sammys you probably would catch 1-1000. Beckums you could actually pull.off if you kept trying it

jimmifli
04-15-2015, 03:45 PM
Some of you guys act like youve never played football with your friends and had a rediculous catch.
One time I was playing with my buddy Rico, but my mom called so I had to go home. I was riding my bike over the mountains when I saw it... Rico went long... I laid out and caught it with one hand.

Best catch of all time.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-15-2015, 05:23 PM
Some of you guys act like youve never played football with your friends and had a rediculous catch. Im just saying that if youve played football you cant tell me that if someone asked you to do either catch with the way the gloves are in pro football, that Sammys you probably would catch 1-1000. Beckums you could actually pull.off if you kept trying it

It wasn't just a one-handed catch. It was a one-handed, falling backwards, three-fingered, being-interfered-with catch in primetime. Plus, no offense to your friends, but none of them throw with the velocity of Eli Manning.

OpIv37
04-15-2015, 05:46 PM
We are debating the merits of two catches from six months ago for two teams that didn't make the playoffs?

I hate off-season. And there are still five months left.

BillsImpossible
04-15-2015, 05:55 PM
I make that catch every night in my dreams.

Topas
04-16-2015, 02:04 AM
Beckum does that type of catch as practice. Back in high school i was messing around after school with my gloves on and did the same type of play when my friend overthrough a pass. Sammys on the other hand was absolutley amazing. In a split second he had to react to a poorly thrown ball, then had to slow down his body while tipping the ball toward himself, all the while being in between 3 detroit defenders. Making the catch to set up a game winning field goal. People will forever talk about the wrong catch of 2014

This post is epic. Can we file this one somewhere in a special category. Hall of Fame post. And together with the question of Joe Fo Shoe. That says it all. I think I have to search the forum for other posts of Cali. Seems to be a promising poster. Hopefully more great posts to come... :laughing:

Raptor
04-16-2015, 05:12 AM
I cant believe there is actually a thread about this....

DraftBoy
04-16-2015, 05:39 AM
We are debating the merits of two catches from six months ago for two teams that didn't make the playoffs?

I hate off-season. And there are still five months left.

Draft is in two weeks and minicamps, OTA's, and training camp start in order almost immediately after that.

Don't worry there will soon be plenty to ***** about.

HHURRICANE
04-16-2015, 05:47 AM
I make every catch that a Buffalo Bill player drops on Sunday when I'm at the bar with my buddies.

Mr. Miyagi
04-16-2015, 08:40 AM
One time I was playing with my buddy Rico, but my mom called so I had to go home. I was riding my bike over the mountains when I saw it... Rico went long... I laid out and caught it with one hand.

Best catch of all time.
Was it UNCLE Rico?

GvilleBills
04-16-2015, 06:53 PM

Best catch of all time.

I long for the day when someone does an Uncle Rico TD celebration...

Buckets
04-17-2015, 07:33 AM
One handed catch drills are standard in FL high school training/practice starting in JV particularly for the DB's. If you work on it for 7 or 8 years when you finally do it in a game it shouldn't be such a great surprise. How many times have any of you said if it hits you in the hands you should catch it?

jamze132
04-17-2015, 10:28 AM
I heard Cali can alter gravity when necessary which makes him the best football player out of all his standard friends...

Mouldsie
04-19-2015, 10:53 PM
Travis Beckum?

Meathead
04-20-2015, 04:43 AM
for the record, sammy said the only reason the catch was that difficult was bc he ran the wrong route and wasnt looking for the ball when he should. so it wasnt poorly thrown

Oaf
04-20-2015, 07:40 PM
The Detroit catch was better.

bosshogg21
04-22-2015, 10:37 PM
This one time... At band camp...