X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

New Details on Kiko-McCoy trade

The Philadelphia Eagles were reportedly seeking draft picks, not linebacker Kiko Alonso, in LeSean McCoy trade talks with the Buffalo Bills. Just how badly did Chip Kelly want to dump McCoy?

Not sure Whaley would simply say "Look at our roster" and let them pick any player - there is a common sense among executives. I'd have to think if the Eagles asked for picks, they knew we have no 1st round pick this year, so was it picks or would one pick work?. Also I'm sure they would have asked multiple teams and apparently the Bills gave them the most appealing option.
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: New Details on Kiko-McCoy trade

In 5 years nobody will remember who Chip Kelly is

Comment

• kingJofNYC
      • Sep 2009

Sure they will. Do people remember who Nick Saban is?

Comment

• k-oneputt
        • Jun 2009

If things don't work out for Kelly in the NFL he can go back to college and get just about any job he wanted. He wouldn't be unemployed long.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
          http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ean-mccoy-deal

Not sure Whaley would simply say "Look at our roster" and let them pick any player - there is a common sense among executives. I'd have to think if the Eagles asked for picks, they knew we have no 1st round pick this year, so was it picks or would one pick work?. Also I'm sure they would have asked multiple teams and apparently the Bills gave them the most appealing option.
          He never said he would let them have any player, he said he was willing to do the McCoy deal for players rather than picks

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
            http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ean-mccoy-deal

Here's the story I got from someone in the know.

The Bills were on Pegula's yacht down in Boca when Chip Clueless called. He offered McCoy for this years 1st round pick to Rex. Rex put him on hold and turned to Whaley, saying " I don't what to say. He doesn't know we don't have a 1st rounder ". Rex then handed the phone to Whaley , who said he was interested in McCoy and asked Kelly what current roster player he may have an interest in. Kelly said Kiko and the deal was done almost immediately.

Bills were trying to figure out where Kiko fit and had him behind Bradham and Brown, when it came to the Will and Mike LB positions.

Only after did Kelly find out we were void of a 1st round pick.

This is why you don't give too much power to a coach with way too much on his plate.
            Last edited by Night Train; 04-16-2015, 01:32 PM.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post

The Bills were on Pegula's yacht down in Boca when Chip Clueless called. He offered McCoy for this years 1st round pick to Rex. Rex put him on hold and turned to Whaley, saying " I don't what to say. He doesn't know we don't have a 1st rounder ". Rex then handed the phone to Whaley , who said he was interested in McCoy and asked Kelly what current roster player he may have an interest in. Kelly said Kiko and the deal was done almost immediately.

Bills were trying to figure out where Kiko fit and had him behind Bradham and Brown, when it came to the Will and Mike LB positions.

This is why you don't give too much power to a coach with way too much on his plate.
              I have yet to understand what the Eagles are thinking give Kelly that much control.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• stuckincincy
                Buffalo Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                I have yet to understand what the Eagles are thinking give Kelly that much control.
                It's all show business now. Fueled by the pile of TV rights and ad revenue ducats.
                Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                  It's all show business now. Fueled by the pile of TV rights and ad revenue ducats.
                  When was the NFL ever not show business?

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                    Pinkerton's son
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Night Train View Post

god I hope this is true. it makes sense considering their story was that they began jumping around in excitement - they went from getting an elite NFL RB for a first rounder (that we didnt have) to getting the same player for someone they viewed as a potential non-starter.

Now I think Kiko would have fit in the system somewhere, hes a damn good football player, but thats quite the turnaround.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                      Buffalo Bills Fan
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
                      When was the NFL ever not show business?
                      Ask your new-found-yet-previously-hated Brother Rex when he pimped with NYJ, and ask him about your playoff predictions.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                        Ask your new-found-yet-previously-hated Brother Rex when he pimped with NYJ, and ask him about your playoff predictions.
                        I never hated Rex myself.

If you go through my posts, you will see I have always been a fan of Rex & stuck up for him many times on this board when he was Coach of the Jets.

And Rex has already said he expects the Bills to make the playoffs.

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
                          • Sep 2004

If you go through my posts, you will see I have always been a fan of Rex & stuck up for him many times on this board when he was Coach of the Jets.

And win the SB, blah blah blah

Comment

• stuckincincy
                            Buffalo Bills Fan
                            • Sep 2003

This site is particularly poor at sourcing old postings. So I take it at your word that you stuck up for him.

Comment

• Ed
                              Dude
                              • Sep 2002

My understanding was that trading picks wasn't really an option for the Bills so they asked the Eagles which players they would consider doing a player for player trade for. The Eagles said they were interested in Kiko Alonso or Robert Woods. The Bills were willing to part with Kiko and the deal got done.

Comment

Working...
                              X