PDA

View Full Version : Ryan O'Reilly

Dr. Who
04-16-2015, 01:36 PM
What are the odds we end up trading for him?
What is the likely cost?

Downinfloflo
04-16-2015, 02:10 PM
What are the odds we end up trading for him?
What is the likely cost?

Good...

High...

JATMtheJATM
04-16-2015, 03:56 PM
I doubt we see him traded to buffalo, but if they do trade for him, it'll be expensive.

WagonCircler
04-16-2015, 09:56 PM
I doubt we see him traded to buffalo, but if they do trade for him, it'll be expensive.

The Sabres have many different kinds of currency to play with, and a lot of it. Young prospects, draft choices, money, you name it. They are in a better position than most teams to trade for a player like O'Reilly.

mightysimi
04-17-2015, 06:47 AM
One thing O'Reilly is good at is improving the return on his contract. I would insist on an extention before making that deal or he walks into a bidding war in the summer.

Dr. Who
04-17-2015, 10:31 AM
One thing O'Reilly is good at is improving the return on his contract. I would insist on an extention before making that deal or he walks into a bidding war in the summer.

^^^^^ This, especially.

Thanks for the opinions, all.
If you can lock up ROR and he is happy with a contract, he's the right age and would be a really nice piece of the puzzle, imo.
I am leery of overpaying, but I think I'd pay a good amount.

JATMtheJATM
04-17-2015, 11:28 AM
The Sabres have many different kinds of currency to play with, and a lot of it. Young prospects, draft choices, money, you name it. They are in a better position than most teams to trade for a player like O'Reilly.

oh for sure, but will oreilly be willing to resign in buffalo? if not, i wouldnt touch him.

JATMtheJATM
04-17-2015, 11:46 AM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2015/04/12/avalanches-ryan-oreilly-on-upcoming-contract-extension-talks/21232/

“After the year is over, we will be in contact with his people,” Sakic said, “and we are going to try to re-sign Ryan. We like Ryan a lot. We feel he’s valuable and he’s one of our core guys. … He doesn’t need it, we don’t need it, no one needs the distractions of going through the season (as a possible unrestricted free agent in July 2016), so we’re going to try to get it done.”

WagonCircler
04-17-2015, 03:09 PM
oh for sure, but will oreilly be willing to resign in buffalo? if not, i wouldnt touch him.

I think he would. Especially if we get McDavid.

JATMtheJATM
04-17-2015, 03:42 PM
Possibly. I like oreilly. I just don't see the Avs giving him up. Comments made by Roy seem to point to them keeping him.