X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Haile SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Here Are Your Lottery Numbers

The official National Hockey League website including news, rosters, stats, schedules, teams, and video.

The official National Hockey League website including news, rosters, stats, schedules, teams, and video.

To determine the winner, the official lottery machine is loaded with 14 balls, each bearing one number, 1 to 14. The NHL Draft Lottery involves drawing one set of four numbers from the machine. One ball is expelled from the machine at a ten-second interval until four balls are discharged.

Without regard to the order the numbers are drawn, there are exactly 1,001 four-number combinations. Each of the 14 teams in the NHL Draft Lottery is assigned the number of combinations corresponding to the odds allocated to them by their regular-season finish (i.e., the team given a 20% chance to win the NHL Draft Lottery is represented by 200 of the 1,001 possible combinations, the team with a 13.5% chance is assigned 135 combinations, and so forth). One combination (11, 12, 13, 14) has been designated as a "re-draw," allowing for the division of exactly 1,000 combinations proportionately.

All number combinations are assigned to teams at random by Bortz & Company.
  • sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: Here Are Your Lottery Numbers

Toronto wins... book it

Comment

• Dr. Who
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by sukie View Post
      Toronto wins... book it
      I'm not really sure I can despise Bettman more than I already do.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
        • Jun 2024

Originally posted by sukie View Post
        Toronto wins... book it
        Not a Leafs fan but with McDavid in Toronto and Eichel in Buffalo, it would be a great time to be a hockey fan located between those two cities.

Comment

Working...
        X