PDA

View Full Version : Do the Oilers need another fast-forward ??

Skooby
04-18-2015, 07:07 PM
I got to watch them play & their defense is terrible, they've drafted their fair share of forwards & I think there's a chance they move out of the #1 spot.

snow1989
04-18-2015, 07:15 PM
I got to watch them play & their defense is terrible, they've drafted their fair share of forwards & I think there's a chance they move out of the #1 spot.

Always a chance. I think they'll have a hard time giving up McDavid though. I think they could try to deal Nail Yakupov first. Rumor mill has run several times about how unhappy he seems to be and how displeased management has been with him. I think they keep number 1, but try to package Yakupov for D-men or a clear number 1 goaltender.

Novacane
04-18-2015, 07:17 PM
When his name is Conner McDavid the answer is yes. You need another forward.

The Jokeman
04-18-2015, 07:20 PM

Na but I could see them trading Nugent to a team for a solid Dman and no I don't want him here.

snow1989
04-18-2015, 07:24 PM
Na but I could see them trading Nugent to a team for a solid Dman and no I don't want him here.

You think Nugent goes before Yakupov? Yaku only had 14 goals and was a -35.....plus you draft McDavid and Nugent would probably make a very good #2 center

The Jokeman
04-18-2015, 07:27 PM
You think Nugent goes before Yakupov? Yaku only had 14 goals and was a -35.....plus you draft McDavid and Nugent would probably make a very good #2 center

Yaku is younger just got an extension, granted it's not big but they need to move something of value for a good Dman or goalie.

snow1989
04-18-2015, 07:52 PM
Yaku is younger just got an extension, granted it's not big but they need to move something of value for a good Dman or goalie.

True enough. Although I don't think Nugent has done enough either to be considered big value. I'd be curious to know if Murray would have any interest...I don't have much myself

The Jokeman
04-18-2015, 07:57 PM
True enough. Although I don't think Nugent has done enough either to be considered big value. I'd be curious to know if Murray would have any interest...I don't have much myself

I wouldn't want either of them personally.

JATMtheJATM
04-18-2015, 08:01 PM
Yak starter playing alot better at the end of the season. Lot of people think he may be finally coming around.

Skooby
04-18-2015, 08:07 PM
Yak starter playing alot better at the end of the season. Lot of people think he may be finally coming around.

I thought Yak looked great, so I have no idea why they'd trade him.

JATMtheJATM
04-18-2015, 08:23 PM
I thought Yak looked great, so I have no idea why they'd trade him.

He hasn't panned out, lack of effort, ect. Same reason people are down on grigo. The good thing is, both seem to be learning that to make it in the NHL, you need effort and positive attitide.

I hope yak succeeds. I really do.

mightysimi
04-20-2015, 10:25 AM
McTavish has gone on record that Yakupov has turned the corner. Of course it could be just spin because they had to re-sign him. He did look better in the back half of this year. If the Oil were to trade any assets, I would look at Eberle and Draisatl.

mightysimi
04-20-2015, 10:33 AM
He hasn't panned out, lack of effort, ect. Same reason people are down on grigo. The good thing is, both seem to be learning that to make it in the NHL, you need effort and positive attitide.

I hope yak succeeds. I really do.

What is the connection between the 2? Russian.

Any other players on your roster giving you troubles about being a pro? Zadorov, is you guessed it, Russian.

JATMtheJATM
04-20-2015, 01:45 PM
What is the connection between the 2? Russian.

Any other players on your roster giving you troubles about being a pro? Zadorov, is you guessed it, Russian.

Meh, again, I wouldnt call being late once "troubles." I say once because the all star game thing wasnt his fault really.

- - - Updated - - -

McTavish has gone on record that Yakupov has turned the corner. Of course it could be just spin because they had to re-sign him. He did look better in the back half of this year. If the Oil were to trade any assets, I would look at Eberle and Draisatl.

Eberle is a guy id trade zad for.

The King
04-20-2015, 02:09 PM
You can acquire defensemen. You can't acquire franchise goal scorers.

GreedoII
04-21-2015, 05:58 AM
They are going to trade one of those 1st rounders from the last 5 yrs....

Ingtar33
04-21-2015, 09:17 AM

a few months ago their GM hinted that he might trade out of no.1

Dude
04-21-2015, 09:22 AM
I would be shocked as hell if that happened, but I won't be shocked when other teams try to talk them into it.

mightysimi
04-21-2015, 10:03 AM
I would be shocked as hell if that happened, but I won't be shocked when other teams try to talk them into it.

Gretzky himself said McDavid is the best player to come along in 30 years. They aren't trading him.

JATMtheJATM
04-21-2015, 10:12 AM
Nah they aren't moving him

mightysimi
04-21-2015, 10:27 AM
I wonder how McDavid feels that no matter how good he plays or how dominant he is, he will never be better than 2nd best in franchise history? Even then he has his work cut out to get passed Messier.

Downinfloflo
04-21-2015, 04:12 PM
I wonder how McDavid feels that no matter how good he plays or how dominant he is, he will never be better than 2nd best in franchise history? Even then he has his work cut out to get passed Messier.

Why should he feel anything?

The hype that's been following him for the last 3 years comes from the media/NHL sports writers trying to sell a product and get website hits.

He don't have to live up to Wayne or Mark.

mightysimi
04-22-2015, 11:45 AM
Why should he feel anything?

The hype that's been following him for the last 3 years comes from the media/NHL sports writers trying to sell a product and get website hits.

He don't have to live up to Wayne or Mark.

Of course he doesn't have to. You know it will follow him forever though. After listening to what he wrote down as his goals as a kid that they read on HNIC, he doesn't seem to be the kind of guy satisfied with pretty good.