PDA

View Full Version : humble jack not bothered by Murray's comments

JATMtheJATM
04-18-2015, 11:11 PM
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/18/eichel-understands-murrays-disappointment-but-extreme-competitor-has-a-lot-to-offer/

Sounds like a kid I want on my team.

SpikedLemonade
04-18-2015, 11:14 PM
What do you expect him to say?

Murray does not have the social skills to be a NHL executive. This is not the first time he put his foot in his mouth.

Murray is much better suited to be what he loves to do -- be a scout.

JATMtheJATM
04-18-2015, 11:16 PM
He could have said alot. He didnt. Probably because he knew what murray was saying instead of getting outraged and taking it out of context.

SpikedLemonade
04-18-2015, 11:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN0DczbPznY

coastal
04-19-2015, 03:15 AM
Murray is an absolute idiot.

this bum is going to ruin his own tank rebuild before it gets started.

coastal
04-19-2015, 03:41 AM
I am totally excited to have Jack Eichel as a Buffalo Sabre. He's a legit 1st line center and franchise player. Buffalo hasn't had that since Lafontaine.

No all we need is a sniper to put with him and Kane to make it all go!

JATMtheJATM
04-19-2015, 03:45 AM
Murray is excited to, if you read his comments after he clarified his disappointment comment.

As for eichel, his bigger, stronger, and faster then mcdavid. May not have the same vision, but it's probably still elite. Get us to draft day, and get this kid in here. I hope he goes pro right away, and while he's on the fence about it, sounds like he's leaning going pro.

God Am I excited for eichel.

YardRat
04-19-2015, 03:53 AM
Kinda sad that an 18 year old kid has more PR savvy than a 51 year old GM.

JATMtheJATM
04-19-2015, 04:25 AM

I'll give you that. Sounded bad at first. I'm glad he clarified his statement so it's no big deal now, but there is such a thing as too much honesty

Ginger Vitis
04-19-2015, 05:12 AM
As for eichel, his bigger, stronger, and faster then mcdavid.

You got 2 out of 3 right... Jack Eichel is not as fast as Connor McDavid

JATMtheJATM
04-19-2015, 05:25 AM

Oh I had heard eichel had better speed.

Novacane
04-19-2015, 05:41 AM
Murray made a fool of himself last night. He felt bad for the fans? lmao. He's the one who let himself fall in love with McDavid. We all knew we had a very small chance at him.

Skooby
04-19-2015, 07:03 AM
I am totally excited to have Jack Eichel as a Buffalo Sabre. He's a legit 1st line center and franchise player. Buffalo hasn't had that since Lafontaine.

No all we need is a sniper to put with him and Kane to make it all go!

You must had a moment of clarity here, wow.

Skooby
04-19-2015, 07:05 AM

I understood it to be the case as well. Jack will also physically be more prepared for NHL play immediately.

Dmoney
04-19-2015, 07:27 AM
I believe Eichel may be a better pro initially. He has played with older people most recently, while McDavid is playing with boys his own age. We do a lot of physical maturing between 19 and 22 years old.

That being said, both will be fantastic players, and look forward to watching both of them for many years...

Jry44
04-19-2015, 08:08 AM
Murray made a fool of himself last night. He felt bad for the fans? lmao. He's the one who let himself fall in love with McDavid. We all knew we had a very small chance at him.

Which GM DID'NT fall in love with McDavid?

There should be disappointment with getting shafted two years in a row. And it's extremely sketchy that Edmonton gets 4 of the past 6 1st picks. Not to mention that it sets up so that the Canadian team gets the Canadian born player.

I'm happy with and was expecting eichel. I think Murray is too, however you can't blame him for being pissed.

SpikedLemonade
04-19-2015, 08:43 AM

Murray is best suited to be a scout.

No interpersonal skills or executive presence.

There is a reason he was never a NHL GM until Buffalo hired him in desperation.

Murray will be gone in 3 years and back to living the scouting life.

Novacane
04-19-2015, 10:18 AM
Which GM DID'NT fall in love with McDavid?

There should be disappointment with getting shafted two years in a row. And it's extremely sketchy that Edmonton gets 4 of the past 6 1st picks. Not to mention that it sets up so that the Canadian team gets the Canadian born player.

I'm happy with and was expecting eichel. I think Murray is too, however you can't blame him for being pissed.

Please don't go there. If it was fixed they wouldn't of put him in Edmonton!

mightysimi
04-20-2015, 08:07 AM

Who cares how he is with the media? As long as he uses his scout background and brings in good draft picks does it matter that he is a social hand grenade?

SpikedLemonade
04-20-2015, 08:33 AM
Who cares how he is with the media? As long as he uses his scout background and brings in good draft picks does it matter that he is a social hand grenade?

What sought after experienced NHL Head Coach wants to work closely with and have his career depend on a "social hand grenade"?

mightysimi
04-20-2015, 09:33 AM
What sought after experienced NHL Head Coach wants to work closely with and have his career depend on a "social hand grenade"?

I think the coach's job would be really easy with good players brought on by good scouting and draft picks no matter how awkward he is to talk to.

Dude
04-20-2015, 09:37 AM
Well, Spike's constant pounding and trolling has me convinced. I'm going to drive to Buffalo and fire Tim Murray today. :rolleyes:

You act like we can do something about it, or we're all going to stop following the team because you've showed us the light. We, unlike you, are fans. That's it. If you want some monumental change to take place, this is not the place to make it happen.

Give it a ****ing rest. The trolling needs to stop. The hijacking of every thread into the SpikedLemonade Show needs to stop. You're destroying this board. Make it stop or you're going to be removed.

ckg927
04-20-2015, 09:40 AM
What do you expect him to say?

Murray does not have the social skills to be a NHL executive. This is not the first time he put his foot in his mouth.

Murray is much better suited to be what he loves to do -- be a scout.

Stop obsessing over Tim Murray. It's as bad as Tim drooling over McDavid. BTW, worry about your precious Bruins and not us.

ckg927
04-20-2015, 09:42 AM
Well, Spike's constant pounding and trolling has me convinced. I'm going to drive to Buffalo and fire Tim Murray today. :rolleyes:

You act like we can do something about it, or we're all going to stop following the team because you've showed us the light. We, unlike you, are fans. That's it. If you want some monumental change to take place, this is not the place to make it happen.

Give it a ****ing rest. The trolling needs to stop. The hijacking of every thread into the SpikedLemonade Show needs to stop. You're destroying this board. Make it stop or you're going to be removed.

About damned time! I have a better punishment: Just give him to Rob Ray so he can use him as a speed bag just like that "fan" in Quebec was when he hopped on the ice and got the crap beaten out of him. :D

trapezeus
04-24-2015, 10:26 AM

you don't seem to have any interpersonal skills either. i don't see you as a scout.