PDA

View Full Version : Tops screws the fans!!!!

Michael82
07-21-2003, 08:44 AM
I just got home from Tops to get training camp tickets and boy am I pissed. The ticket machine wouldn't start up and the woman behind the desk kept playing with it. Meanwhile, all the other stores are giving tickets away left and right. Finally, the machine was able to be fixed at 9:10am. All the damn tickets were GONE!!! :madcurse:

LtBillsFan66
07-21-2003, 08:47 AM
Did the machine work for Jets fans? Pats fans? I think not. Sounds like everyone is screwed, not just Bills fans. And I'm sure it's not Tops fault. Sounds like a computer glitch. You need to take a chill pill mikey boy.

Valerie
07-21-2003, 08:48 AM
You need tickets to get into training camp? When did this start? I thought it was free? At least it was the three years I went.

Ð
07-21-2003, 08:52 AM
*NOTE* Mike works for Wegmans

Michael82
07-21-2003, 08:52 AM
I'm sorry billsfanone, I was just so upset. And I flew (literally) to the other Tops, when they announced that they couldnt get the machine up and I missed them, too. :(

Luckily, I have a great friend in #89 over at The Stadium Wall. Thank you very much to her for her kind generousity. :up:

Valerie
07-21-2003, 08:53 AM
Answer my damn question!!!! You need tickets to go to training camp now? When did this start? Walk-ins are no longer allowed?

Dozerdog
07-21-2003, 08:54 AM
*Step away from the crazy lady*

Michael82
Originally posted by Ð

EXACTLY! :biggrin:

LtBillsFan66
Don't let her talk to you like that mike. Don't answer the question!

SABURZFAN
07-21-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone
Don't let her talk to you like that mike. Don't answer the question!

i agree.don't let her bully you.

Valerie
Whatever. You people claim to be "on top of what's going on." It's painfully obvious that none of you have a freaking clue as to what's going on. Which is why you can't answer my question.

Thanks for the information.:rolleyes: I guess for all the out-of-towners who may want to go to training camp, they'll just have to find out when they get there what the deal is.

Michael82
Originally posted by Jaded 7
Answer my damn question!!!! You need tickets to go to training camp now? When did this start? Walk-ins are no longer allowed?

No, walk-ins are allowed. However, for the night practices...you have to have tickets. :D

Michael82
07-21-2003, 09:02 AM
and theres only 2 night practices... 7/28 and 8/4

:D

Ð
07-21-2003, 09:05 AM
Walk-ins are allowed for the day practices, just don't sleep in...

SABURZFAN
make sure you tell her that it's in Fredonia too.she won't know that you're lying.:snicker2:

Dozerdog
Are sleep walkers allowed in?

SABURZFAN
07-21-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Ð
Walk-ins are allowed for the day practices, just don't sleep in...

:snicker2:

Valerie
07-21-2003, 09:08 AM
Thank you, Mike!:peck:

To the rest of you....Bite Me! :tongue:

Actually, I liked Fredonia much better than St. John Fisher. You got to really see the players and watch them up close and personal. St. John Fisher is too big and the players are far away from the stands. You need binoculars to see anything. I wasn't impressed.

Ð
07-21-2003, 09:10 AM
I thought they moved practices to Chili ?

Novacane
07-21-2003, 09:11 AM

Actually, I liked Fredonia much better than St. John Fisher.

Me too! Training camp was less than a mile from my house. We used to spend every day there as kids.

G. Host
07-21-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Jaded 7 Thanks for the information.:rolleyes: I guess for all the out-of-towners who may want to go to training camp, they'll just have to find out when they get there what the deal is.

Have you checked e-bay? That is what (clueless) people say to people who can not buy 2 tickets together for a game because scalpers and travel agents for visiting fans got tickets first.

Seriously though when I went to training camp last year (both sessions) I had 6 tickets and I gave away my extra to other people there who did not have a ticket and I saw others doing the same.

Get there early, wear Bills gear, prepare a sign with big black letters "Need # training camp tickets" and in smaller letters "Not e-bay scalper" (it will make your sign memorable and people who talk to others who may not see it). You will get tickets.

SABURZFAN
07-21-2003, 09:30 AM
Actually, I liked Fredonia much better than St. John Fisher.

DRATS!!!!she already knew.so much for lying to her.

R. Rich
07-21-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by G. Host

Have you checked e-bay? That is what (clueless) people say to people who can not buy 2 tickets together for a game because scalpers and travel agents for visiting fans got tickets first.

How true!

LtBillsFan66
07-21-2003, 09:36 AM
You might want to try e-bay mike.

THATHURMANATOR
07-21-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Mike32282
I just got home from Tops to get training camp tickets and boy am I pissed. The ticket machine wouldn't start up and the woman behind the desk kept playing with it. Meanwhile, all the other stores are giving tickets away left and right. Finally, the machine was able to be fixed at 9:10am. All the damn tickets were GONE!!! :madcurse:

Thats just payback to all you Wegmans MFs!!!!

Dozerdog
07-21-2003, 10:32 AM
:lol:

doug45
07-22-2003, 10:05 AM
Thank you, Mike!:peck:

To the rest of you....Bite Me! :tongue:

Actually, I liked Fredonia much better than St. John Fisher. You got to really see the players and watch them up close and personal. St. John Fisher is too big and the players are far away from the stands. You need binoculars to see anything. I wasn't impressed.

I went to Fredonia the last year they had camp there and only about 50 people showed up. It was pretty sad. In Rochester they get good crowds. And for me it is a lot closer.

Michael82
07-22-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by doug45
I went to Fredonia the last year they had camp there and only about 50 people showed up. It was pretty sad. In Rochester they get good crowds. And for me it is a lot closer.

EXACTLY! Good post, doug! :hi5:

Valerie
07-22-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by doug45 I went to Fredonia the last year they had camp there and only about 50 people showed up. It was pretty sad. In Rochester they get good crowds. And for me it is a lot closer.
I was there that year. lol I was probably one of the 50 people. I liked Fredonia a lot better. It was much smaller and you really got to see the players up close. Fisher is a joke. I see them about as well as I do at a game. Yes, Rochester is a nicer area and closer to their fan base, but I think the training camp atmosphere sucks!

Ebenezer
07-22-2003, 10:35 AM
No, walk-ins are allowed. However, for the night practices...you have to have tickets. :D

clarify that you were getting tix for the night practices

mikey :chair: eb

Valerie
07-22-2003, 10:53 AM
That's why I was so confused, Eb. He didn't say that they were tickets for the night practices. He made it sound as though you needed tickets to get into training camp, period!
Jaded:stick:Mike

WG
07-22-2003, 10:57 AM
Tops screws the fans!!!!

What if you don't tell them you're a fan, can you then shop in peace?

I don't like being manhandled, but screwing the fans is going overboard!

Michael82
07-22-2003, 10:58 AM
I was there that year. lol I was probably one of the 50 people. I liked Fredonia a lot better. It was much smaller and you really got to see the players up close. Fisher is a joke. I see them about as well as I do at a game. Yes, Rochester is a nicer area and closer to their fan base, but I think the training camp atmosphere sucks!

Then you are one of the few because it was actually rated as one of the top training camps in the league and the atmosphere is awesome!!! :D :tongue:

WG
07-22-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Ð

LOL D!!

The_Philster
07-22-2003, 03:09 PM
I was so confused
:gag:

Originally posted by Wys Guy
What if you don't tell them you're a fan, can you then shop in peace?

I don't like being manhandled, but screwing the fans is going overboard!
:lol: