• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

To the folks wanting us to draft OL

Here is what we currently have depth wise on the roster. Show me your depth chart after drafting more OL in this draft. What does your final depth chart look like? Feel free to use the term "draftee" instead of an actual prospects name.

LT- Glenn, Kujo
    LG- Williams/Richardson
    C- Wood
    RG- Incognito, Urbik
    RT- Henderson, Kujo

To me, if we draft an OL this year we have to cut one of these guys to keep that draftee especially if it's in rounds 2 or 3. I think the most likely move is not to draft a G but rather a T. That would replace the swing tackle spot vacated by Hairston and allow flexibility to move Glenn or Kujo to G.

What does your final depth chart look like if we draft any OL in this years draft?

• Swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Re: To the folks wanting us to draft OL

There have been pundits posit the Bills will take a tackle to utilize as a swing guy as you suggest.

Comment

• EDS
      • Jan 2003

The question is, do you (or the Bills front office and coaching staff) have enough faith in Kouandijo to have him as the only back-up tackle if there is an injury at that position. Similarly, is it possible that a second or third round guard be an upgrade to what the Bills have on the roster.

If the answer to the first question is no, you do not trust him, and/or the answer to the second question is yes, then drafting an offensive lineman in the draft is an easy decision to make.

Comment

• sudzy
        • Apr 2013

I'd like to see them draft a guy that could play both OT and OG. Versatility to get the best 5 guys on the field. Chris Williams should be on the bubble.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
          Here is what we currently have depth wise on the roster. Show me your depth chart after drafting more OL in this draft. What does your final depth chart look like? Feel free to use the term "draftee" instead of an actual prospects name.

LT- Glenn, Kujo
          LG- Williams/Richardson
          C- Wood
          RG- Incognito, Urbik
          RT- Henderson, Kujo

To me, if we draft an OL this year we have to cut one of these guys to keep that draftee especially if it's in rounds 2 or 3. I think the most likely move is not to draft a G but rather a T. That would replace the swing tackle spot vacated by Hairston and allow flexibility to move Glenn or Kujo to G.

What does your final depth chart look like if we draft any OL in this years draft?
          I agree 100%... If anything, they may only carry 8.

The only moves that make sense is for Urbik and Williams to be potential cap (or just cash) casualties. But the OL actually improved last season when Urbik was let out of the doghouse... And Williams, while admittedly over paid, was never healthy at all last season before being IR'd.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

When you have Incognito and Williams who havent played football in over a year as your no.1's and your plan B's behind them sucked last year, you better be drafting OL unless you think Marrone and Morris were the reasons why they did.

My guess is that since they tried to hire Bulaga, they are not set with what they have
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
              • Feb 2005

It's a far cry from Bulaga to rookie. Bulaga is an obvious upgrade... A rookie is not.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                It's a far cry from Bulaga to rookie. Bulaga is an obvious upgrade... A rookie is not.
                I agree which is why I think they will draft one with either their 2nd or 3rd.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Goobylal
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                  When you have Incognito and Williams who havent played football in over a year as your no.1's and your plan B's behind them sucked last year, you better be drafting OL unless you think Marrone and Morris were the reasons why they did.

My guess is that since they tried to hire Bulaga, they are not set with what they have
                  What does not having played football in over a year have to do with anything?

As for the OL, to start it will be:

Glenn-Henderson
                  Incog-Williams
                  Wood-Urbik
                  Urbik-Williams
                  Henderson-Kujo

I'll say that they'll draft a RG earlier rather than later.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

They should draft at least 2 OL and sign a vet after the draft. Taking no chances.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• X-Era
                      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                      They should draft at least 2 OL and sign a vet after the draft. Taking no chances.
                      So cut a free agent signee and 2 of last years draftees?

Comment

• Night Train
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                        So cut a free agent signee and 2 of last years draftees?
                        New coach/staff is loyal to no one.

Get out there and prove your worth.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

I would take somebody like BJ Finney (C-G) in the third, Tyrus Thompson (OT) in the fifth. Keep 9 and cut Williams.

LT- Glenn, Thompson
                          LG- Urbik/Richardson
                          C- Wood, Finney
                          RG- Incognito, Finney, KuJo
                          RT- Henderson, Kujo

Finney could replace Urbik or Incognito at some point this season, making either replaceable next year. Eventually replace Wood. Thompson can learn the ropes behind Glenn and Henderson, and if KuJo can't get his head out of his ass and find a spot at T or G he can go next year also. Depending on the development of the youngsters, I'd still be looking for two linemen next off-season also.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
                            • Jul 2005

I think Finney is limited to C with his short arms (31 7/8) and can be had in the 5th.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                              I think Finney is limited to C with his short arms (31 7/8) and can be had in the 5th.
                              Maybe. I've seen him graded for the fourth, and figure if they want him they'll have to jump a round.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X