PDA

View Full Version : sabres sign BU's Evan Rodrigues

JATMtheJATM
04-21-2015, 07:04 PM
according to reports? trying to track down a link. he played on eichels line.

JATMtheJATM
04-21-2015, 07:07 PM
http://collegeblog.weei.com/sports/college/2015/04/21/sources-bus-evan-rodrigues-to-sign-free-agent-deal-with-sabres/

second in NCAA scoring to eichel

coastal
04-21-2015, 08:14 PM
Smart signing...

JATMtheJATM
04-21-2015, 08:17 PM
Smart signing...

very smart. not just to get eichel into buffalo right away, but o'connor as well potentially.

coastal
04-22-2015, 05:51 AM
potentially
crank

Skooby
04-22-2015, 06:26 AM
Love the move, give Evan a Sabres phone & call your linemate home.

DetDannyWilliams
04-22-2015, 10:46 AM
It's now official...
Check this out at : http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=764641

WagonCircler
04-22-2015, 11:27 AM
I think it's safe to assume from this that Eichel won't be returning to school. It's not a stretch to imagine that his line mate has inside info.

sukie
04-22-2015, 11:32 AM
doesn't this guy have to go through the draft? how does it work that the Sabres just sign a senior college hockey player?

mightysimi
04-22-2015, 11:33 AM
You have to be careful with guys that play with great players. At least he was undrafted. Crosby dragged Pouliot to 22nd overall pick and was terrible for his whole NHL career.

WagonCircler
04-22-2015, 11:54 AM
doesn't this guy have to go through the draft? how does it work that the Sabres just sign a senior college hockey player?

He was an undrafted free agent.

sukie
04-22-2015, 11:55 AM
undrafted from when? Last years draft?

Dude
04-22-2015, 11:58 AM
From when he became eligible.

sukie
04-22-2015, 11:59 AM
isn't mcdavid undrafted then? I'm askin for a bit of help here.. What determines eligibility.. i know players in other sports declare.

mightysimi
04-22-2015, 12:02 PM
isn't mcdavid undrafted then? I'm askin for a bit of help here.. What determines eligibility.. i know players in other sports declare.

I think if you declare draft eligible for 2 years but don't get drafted you can be picked up by anyone.

Skooby
04-22-2015, 12:35 PM
I think it's safe to assume from this that Eichel won't be returning to school. It's not a stretch to imagine that his line mate has inside info.

My linemates knew everything about me, so I think your on to something here.

sukie
04-22-2015, 12:40 PM
I think if you declare draft eligible for 2 years but don't get drafted you can be picked up by anyone.

so I assume he may have declared eligible as a sophmore... now free agent... I see... Thanks.

JATMtheJATM
04-22-2015, 12:53 PM
crank

Well, that happened quickly

Dr. Lecter
04-22-2015, 12:57 PM
A college hockey player that completes his senior year and has not been drafted is a free agent. He can sign with any team for two years.
Chad Ruhwedahl is another example. So is Brian Flynn

sukie
04-22-2015, 12:59 PM
A college hockey player that completes his senior year and has not been drafted is a free agent. He can sign with any team for two years.
Chad Ruhwedahl is another example. So is Brian Flynn

so he graduated last year and wasn't drafted?

Dr. Lecter
04-22-2015, 01:04 PM
This past season was his last eligible season of college hockey

Unlike the NFL and NBA, players get drafter before they use up their eligibility. Once they are not longer college eligible they are fair game for anybody to sign

SpikedLemonade
04-22-2015, 01:08 PM
so he graduated last year and wasn't drafted?

Being 22 years old, 5'11" and 176 lbs. will do that to a player.

Maybe he will be 190 lbs. when he is 30 years old.

Still a low risk signing.

sukie
04-22-2015, 01:10 PM
This past season was his last eligible season of college hockey

Unlike the NFL and NBA, players get drafter before they use up their eligibility. Once they are not longer college eligible they are fair game for anybody to sign

Thank you.

Dr. Lecter
04-22-2015, 01:17 PM
Thank you.

I speak old and Polish based on being old and living in NT. It was no problem.

sukie
04-22-2015, 01:21 PM
I speak old and Polish based on being old and living in NT. It was no problem.

LOL... I was assuming that most graduate in May of any given year... Thus I was assuming , although the season ended... he would be draft eligible in this his senior year.

casdhf
04-22-2015, 02:43 PM
Why didn't he get drafted? Ideas?

SpikedLemonade
04-22-2015, 02:52 PM

Too small.

swiper
04-22-2015, 04:01 PM
undrafted from when? Last years draft?

Yes. He was eligible to be drafted prior.

This signing a sure thing that Eichel is the guy for the Sabres.

JATMtheJATM
04-22-2015, 04:32 PM

He is smaller and he was ok at best till his senior year. that said, that's the route alot of successful college players take.

I look at him like a Brian flynn kinda guy. Likely a minor leaguer or plug in guy.

- - - Updated - - -

He is smaller and he was ok at best till his senior year. that said, that's the route alot of successful college players take.

I look at him like a Brian flynn kinda guy. Likely a minor leaguer or plug in guy.

WagonCircler
04-22-2015, 04:51 PM

His offensive stats from this year were greater than those from his first three years combined. Eichel lifted the level of Rodrigues' output. He was a smart, but pedestrian player during his draft years.

Skooby
04-22-2015, 05:13 PM
His offensive stats from this year were greater than those from his first three years combined. Eichel lifted the level of Rodrigues' output. He was a smart, but pedestrian player during his draft years.

Imagine what Jack will do with the pros around him.

swiper
04-22-2015, 05:32 PM
Kane should be drooling.

JATMtheJATM
04-22-2015, 06:12 PM

Exactly why I compared him to flynn. Marginal at best, but if he can plug into the line up and contribute, win win

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly why I compared him to flynn. Marginal at best, but if he can plug into the line up and contribute, win win

JATMtheJATM
04-22-2015, 11:36 PM
Apparently, Rodrigues had a few teams after him. 6 is what I read.

mightysimi
04-23-2015, 06:50 AM
Kane should be drooling.

He can shoot over the net with a nice pass or a bad one. He doesn't discriminate.

Dr. Who
04-23-2015, 08:31 AM
He can shoot over the net with a nice pass or a bad one. He doesn't discriminate.

Nice series against the Ducks.

mightysimi
04-23-2015, 08:53 AM
Nice series against the Ducks.

Wow zing. Making the playoffs is bad now? Not only making the playoffs but doing it in the toughest division. Losing against the Ducks sucks but it is a step in this team's development. Most of them are under contract and some grade A prospects on the way. Future is bright in Winnipeg.

Either way, I'm speaking facts. He misses the net high an awful lot. Like an obscene amount. Maybe it was because he was hurt? Maybe it's because he wasn't receiving good passes? I guess we will find out next year. But if I was a betting man, I bet you will get used to a snap shot from the top of the circle against the boards sailing over the net. I've said many times that I like Kane but facts are facts.

Dr. Who
04-23-2015, 09:48 AM
Just a jab, because the Kane needle.
I hope you're wrong, obviously.
I agree the Jets look good in the future.

JATMtheJATM
04-23-2015, 10:28 AM
Wow zing. Making the playoffs is bad now? Not only making the playoffs but doing it in the toughest division. Losing against the Ducks sucks but it is a step in this team's development. Most of them are under contract and some grade A prospects on the way. Future is bright in Winnipeg.

Either way, I'm speaking facts. He misses the net high an awful lot. Like an obscene amount. Maybe it was because he was hurt? Maybe it's because he wasn't receiving good passes? I guess we will find out next year. But if I was a betting man, I bet you will get used to a snap shot from the top of the circle against the boards sailing over the net. I've said many times that I like Kane but facts are facts.

If you are gonna miss, high is the way to go. If you don't think buzzing the tower gets in the goalies head, you are wrong. It pisses goalies the **** off.

But I suppose that can be the new sabres meme. In the past it was pominvilles broken sticks. Now it can be missing high for kane.

mightysimi
04-23-2015, 11:59 AM
If you are gonna miss, high is the way to go. If you don't think buzzing the tower gets in the goalies head, you are wrong. It pisses goalies the **** off.

But I suppose that can be the new sabres meme. In the past it was pominvilles broken sticks. Now it can be missing high for kane.

haha don't I know. I played goal for 20 years. Plus it usually comes back out to the slot as opposed to all the way down the ice. The one thing you will never have to worry about Kane is putting the puck to the net. He shoots a ton.

JATMtheJATM
04-23-2015, 05:59 PM
haha don't I know. I played goal for 20 years. Plus it usually comes back out to the slot as opposed to all the way down the ice. The one thing you will never have to worry about Kane is putting the puck to the net. He shoots a ton.

ive played goal about the same amount of time. getting one to the dome just pisses me off. i know its usually not intentional, and it doesnt hurt (usually, if you have a nice mask, which i do) but it just sucks.

coastal
04-23-2015, 06:47 PM
Hitting a goalie I'm the dome is almost as fun as scoring.

mightysimi
04-24-2015, 06:55 AM
ive played goal about the same amount of time. getting one to the dome just pisses me off. i know its usually not intentional, and it doesnt hurt (usually, if you have a nice mask, which i do) but it just sucks.

It's a different game now though as mostly they blow it down if the goalie gets hit in the head. I remember as a kid waking up to the puck being in the net. Must be why I'm so smrt

JATMtheJATM
04-24-2015, 02:50 PM
It's a different game now though as mostly they blow it down if the goalie gets hit in the head. I remember as a kid waking up to the puck being in the net. Must be why I'm so smrt

I'm relatively short (5-10) and play a butterfly style, so when I go down, my head is in the goal frame. I've taken 5 shots to the head in a single game. ****ing sucks.

I had to get a new mask a few years ago when I took a clapper to the dome against a guy who used to play for the Ottawa 67s. Hit the cage and warped the cage which pulled the mask literally apart in some place. That put me in a daze.

coastal
04-24-2015, 03:00 PM
:rofl:

SpikedLemonade
04-24-2015, 03:13 PM
I'm relatively short (5-10) and play a butterfly style, so when I go down, my head is in the goal frame. I've taken 5 shots to the head in a single game. ****ing sucks.

I had to get a new mask a few years ago when I took a clapper to the dome against a guy who used to play for the Ottawa 67s. Hit the cage and warped the cage which pulled the mask literally apart in some place. That put me in a daze.

I respect your posts now that I know you are posting with a disability.

You will always be our special little guy Jam Jam.

JATMtheJATM
04-24-2015, 04:29 PM
I respect your posts now that I know you are posting with a disability.

You will always be our special little guy Jam Jam.

Us guys with disabilities have to stick together, spiked. It's why I've always had a soft spot for you.

coastal
04-24-2015, 04:44 PM
Us guys with disabilities have to stick together, spiked. It's why I've always had a soft spot for you.
And the goalie finally figured it out

swiper
04-25-2015, 04:40 AM
Goalies can be such odd creatures.

JATMtheJATM
04-25-2015, 05:37 AM
Gotta be.