Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: 5 out of 7 on the road

* 5 out of 6

Comment

• feldspar
      • Mar 2007

yeah, 5 out of 6. At least most of the trips are relatively close-by and in the same time zone, except for Kansas City.

But there will be only TWO home games at the Ralph in well over two months, and that's pretty ****ed up.

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

5 of the last 8 games are on the road but we do finish the season with 2 home games which is a big advantage in December.

Not to mention starting the season with 2 home games...

Comment

• GreedoII
          • Aug 2007

WIN THE EARLY HOME GAMES AND THEY WILL BE IN GOOD SHAPE

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
            Making Spirits Bright
            • Mar 2006

If you break the season into quarters, it's really not that bad.

1st Quarter - 3 Home, 1 Away
            2nd Quarter - 2 Home, 2 Away
            3rd Quarter - 1 Home, 3 Away
            4th Quarter - 2 Home, 2 Away

So yeah, the way our away games line up toward the end of the year isn't favorable, but I'm so sick of excuses. Have you ever heard a team blame the schedule for why they didn't make the playoffs? Nope, it's just the fans that do that. I don't care if we have 8 home games followed by 8 road games, just go live up to these lofty expectations that you've set for yourselves.

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

the coming off rest thing is a real complaint imo but i think we are 3/3 on that this season so thats fine. these home/away patterns are almost meaningless, especially since december has two home games which is somewhat unusual since they usually like to avoid december home games for attendance purposes (which shouldnt be a problem this season). so yeah the sched looks fine to me

if they are a legit team like they say they are then they need to win those first two home games. that would set the rest of the season up nicely, at least advantageously
              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

8 home 8 away let's get this party started.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                  If you break the season into quarters, it's really not that bad.

1st Quarter - 3 Home, 1 Away
                  2nd Quarter - 2 Home, 2 Away
                  3rd Quarter - 1 Home, 3 Away
                  4th Quarter - 2 Home, 2 Away

So yeah, the way our away games line up toward the end of the year isn't favorable, but I'm so sick of excuses. Have you ever heard a team blame the schedule for why they didn't make the playoffs? Nope, it's just the fans that do that. I don't care if we have 8 home games followed by 8 road games, just go live up to these lofty expectations that you've set for yourselves.
                  This is just another example of how statistics can be used to color the real truth.

The reality is the two away games in the 4th Quarter come before the two home games & the Bills play 3 away games in a row in the 3rd Quarter, followed by one home game.

So reality:

AWAY
                  AWAY
                  AWAY
                  home
                  AWAY
                  AWAY
                  home
                  home

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                    Making Spirits Bright
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by better days View Post
                    This is just another example of how statistics can be used to color the real truth.

The reality is the two away games in the 4th Quarter come before the two home games & the Bills play 3 away games in a row in the 3rd Quarter, followed by one home game.

So reality:

AWAY
                    AWAY
                    AWAY
                    home
                    AWAY
                    AWAY
                    home
                    home
                    Well yeah, that's what I meant when I said that the away games don't line up favorably.

It's still a piss poor excuse to use.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                      Well yeah, that's what I meant when I said that the away games don't line up favorably.

It's still a piss poor excuse to use.
                      Nobody is using it as an excuse.

It is just piss poor scheduling IMO.

There will be a stretch of five weeks in a row I don't watch the games with my friends because of the schedule.

Starts with the Jags game at 9:30 AM live stream only, I will watch that game at home on my Fios high speed internet.

Then bye week, followed by the Fins which I will watch at home on local TV, then two night games in a row which I will watch at home or the local sports bar.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                        Making Spirits Bright
                        • Mar 2006

It is just piss poor scheduling IMO.
                        Can't please everybody, we just have to deal with it.

There will be a stretch of five weeks in a row I don't watch the games with my friends because of the schedule.

Starts with the Jags game at 9:30 AM live stream only, I will watch that game at home on my Fios high speed internet.

Then bye week, followed by the Fins which I will watch at home on local TV, then two night games in a row which I will watch at home or the local sports bar.
                        I guess this is a valid reason for you personally to be upset about the schedule, but what are you gonna do? **** happens.

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

So it's bad scheduling for the reason of out of town fans not being able to party.

Got it .

For us locals, it's 1pm Sunday games. Great for folks like me that have seasons.

Put in my vacation days around the 2 prime time games.

I remember years when our 1st 4 games were at home. Seen many other so-called unbalanced schedules.

We have talent. Shut up and play.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                            So it's bad scheduling for the reason of out of town fans not being able to party.

Got it .

For us locals, it's 1pm Sunday games. Great for folks like me that have seasons.

Put in my vacation days around the 2 prime time games.

I remember years when our 1st 4 games were at home. Seen many other so-called unbalanced schedules.

We have talent. Shut up and play.
                            I like the 1:00 PM games myself.

I have no complaints about them at all & would be happy if every game was 1:00 PM on Sunday.

And locals are affected by the schedule as much as I am except for the London game which will be on OTA TV in Buffalo, but still at 9:00 AM.

Comment

• BillsImpossible
                              • Mar 2013

Patriots have 5 out of their last 8 games on the road.

As much as I'd like to see the Bills on national TV, having 5 prime time games is nuts.

A week 4 bye. The Patriots have a lot of difficult road games.

Thurs., September 10 Pittsburgh 8:30 p.m. ET WHDH / NBC
                              Sun., September 20 at Buffalo 1:00 p.m. ET WBZ / CBS
                              Sun., September 27 Jacksonville 1:00 p.m. ET WBZ / CBS
                              Oct. 4 BYE
                              Sun., October 11 at Dallas* 4:25 p.m. ET WBZ / CBS
                              Sun., October 18 at Indianapolis* 8:30 p.m. ET WHDH / NBC
                              Sun., October 25 New York Jets* 1:00 p.m. ET WBZ / CBS
                              Thurs., October 29 Miami 8:25 p.m. ET WBZ / CBS, NFLN
                              Sun., November 8 Washington* 1:00 p.m. ET WFXT / FOX
                              Sun., November 15 at New York Giants* 4:25 p.m. ET WBZ / CBS
                              Mon., November 23 Buffalo 8:30 p.m. ET TBD / ESPN
                              Sun., November 29 at Denver* 8:30 p.m. ET WHDH / NBC
                              Sun., December 6 Philadelphia* 4:25 p.m. ET WFXT / FOX
                              Sun., December 13 at Houston* 1:00 p.m. ET WBZ / CBS
                              Sun., December 20 Tennessee* 1:00 p.m. ET WBZ / CBS
                              Sun., December 27 at New York* 1:00 p.m. ET WBZ / CBS
                              Sun., January 3 at Miami* 1:00 p.m. ET WBZ / CBS

Comment

Working...
                              X