• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Greg Hardy gets 10 game suspension

More than the Cowboys expected.

Dallas Cowboys defensive end Greg Hardy has been suspended 10 games without pay for "conduct detrimental to the league," the NFL said in a statement.

Commissioner Roger Goodell wrote a letter informing Hardy of the decision, which came after what the league called an "extensive two-month investigation" after Hardy's case was dismissed in North Carolina State court.

Goodell wrote that a suspension of this length would be appropriate under the current or former personal conduct policy.

Last July, Hardy was found guilty of assaulting a former girlfriend, Nicole Holder, and threatening to kill her and sentenced to a 60-day suspended sentence and 18 months' probation on misdemeanor charges. He appealed the judge's ruling in favor of a jury trial and the case was dismissed in February when Holder chose not to cooperate with authorities after receiving a settlement from Hardy.

"The use of physical force under the circumstances present here, against a woman substantially smaller than you and in the presence of powerful, military-style assault weapons, constitutes a significant act of violence in violation of the Personal Conduct Policy," Goodell wrote in the letter to Hardy.
    Last edited by swiper; 04-22-2015, 05:28 PM.
  • mightysimi
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin
    • Mar 2010

Re: Greg Hardy gets 10 game suspension

So what does everyone think the actual amount will be? I bet 6 games after the appeal.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
      • Sep 2012

Originally posted by mightysimi View Post
      So what does everyone think the actual amount will be? I bet 6 games after the appeal.
      Yeah, after the Rice fiasco Goodell announces a 6 game suspension for first time offenders - and then gives a 10 game for Hardy. One thought I heard was that he'll do what you just suggested and drop it to 6 after appeal, rather than assign 6 and have it drop to 2.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• mightysimi
        Buckle me in on the highway of sin
        • Mar 2010

They have to drop it. They can't assign a new punishment for something that happened under the old policy that was collectively bargained. Same for Rice and Peterson. 6 sounds about right though.

Comment

Working...
        X