PDA

View Full Version : Greg Hardy gets 10 game suspension

swiper
04-22-2015, 05:27 PM
More than the Cowboys expected.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/12742740/greg-hardy-dallas-cowboys-suspended-10-games-nfl

Commissioner Roger Goodell wrote a letter informing Hardy of the decision, which came after what the league called an "extensive two-month investigation" after Hardy's case was dismissed in North Carolina State court.

Goodell wrote that a suspension of this length would be appropriate under the current or former personal conduct policy.

Last July, Hardy was found guilty of assaulting a former girlfriend, Nicole Holder, and threatening to kill her and sentenced to a 60-day suspended sentence and 18 months' probation on misdemeanor charges. He appealed the judge's ruling in favor of a jury trial and the case was dismissed in February when Holder chose not to cooperate with authorities after receiving a settlement from Hardy.

"The use of physical force under the circumstances present here, against a woman substantially smaller than you and in the presence of powerful, military-style assault weapons, constitutes a significant act of violence in violation of the Personal Conduct Policy," Goodell wrote in the letter to Hardy.

mightysimi
04-23-2015, 07:00 AM
So what does everyone think the actual amount will be? I bet 6 games after the appeal.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-23-2015, 10:49 AM
So what does everyone think the actual amount will be? I bet 6 games after the appeal.

Yeah, after the Rice fiasco Goodell announces a 6 game suspension for first time offenders - and then gives a 10 game for Hardy. One thought I heard was that he'll do what you just suggested and drop it to 6 after appeal, rather than assign 6 and have it drop to 2.

mightysimi
04-23-2015, 12:01 PM
They have to drop it. They can't assign a new punishment for something that happened under the old policy that was collectively bargained. Same for Rice and Peterson. 6 sounds about right though.