PDA

View Full Version : Season tickets so hot, Bills may cap them

Dr. Lecter
04-23-2015, 01:17 PM
The Buffalo Bills, scorching at the box office, are considering a cap on season ticket sales for the first time in club history.

Interest has soared to unprecedented levels from the excitement emanating from their first winning record in a decade, new ownership, Rex Ryan's arrival and a few high-profile roster moves.

A Bills source has informed me season tickets have surpassed 55,000. They are virtually certain they will break their record of 57,132 set in 1992.

A cap on season tickets would be instituted to protect fans who want to buy single-game tickets.

The source added Ralph Wilson Stadium's suites are nearly sold out.

Revenues will be boffo. Ticket prices are up 6 percent over last year.

What's more, season tickets are 10 games -- eight regular-season, two preseason -- instead of just nine games when the Bills exported one of their home dates to Toronto from 2008 through 2013.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/04/23/season-tickets-so-hot-bills-may-cap-them/

Joe Fo Sho
04-23-2015, 01:26 PM
I like to think this is us Bills fans collectively thanking Terry Pegula for keeping the Bills in Buffalo and telling every single person who's ever tried to get under our skin by saying the Bills are moving to go pound salt.

GO BILLS!!

casdhf
04-23-2015, 01:27 PM
A cap seems stupid. Why throw away money because someone only wants to go to one game? Isn't that what stubhub is for?

better days
04-23-2015, 01:33 PM
A cap seems stupid. Why throw away money because someone only wants to go to one game? Isn't that what stubhub is for?

If Pats* fans or Jets fans want to come watch a game at the Ralph, make them pay through the nose on stub hub.

I didn't include Fins fans because they don't even go to their own stadium.

And Bills fans should all know someone they can get tickets from for a game, either in person or on a message board.

Night Train
04-23-2015, 02:01 PM
F U Toronto. :nana:

trapezeus
04-23-2015, 02:30 PM

because single game prices are higher than what you pay when you buy the ten bundled together. there has to be some optimization between the base of revenue you'd like, and then have a floating piece that could get red hot if the team did well. That then gives you the chance to raise prices on tickets more the next year and on season tickets the next year.

additionally, it might impact your playoff pricing.

Dr. Lecter
04-23-2015, 02:31 PM
Not by much, basically we get a pre-season game for free. It's not like the Sabres, where the prices are much lower than single games.

better days
04-23-2015, 02:35 PM
F U Toronto. :nana:

I seem to remember a certain Canadian on this board that insisted the Bills would be moved after Ralph died & they were sold.

He said the Bills would have a hard time selling tickets in Buffalo after the team was sold. LMAO.

BLeonard
04-23-2015, 03:15 PM
Gee, a new owner, who isn't afraid to spend money in an attempt to improve the on-field product, actually appearing to try to win, instead of stuffing the profits in his mattress and all of a sudden, fans in record numbers are willing to pay to see the product...

Whod'a thunk it?

-Bill

jimmifli
04-23-2015, 03:28 PM
It's marketing. The equivalent of a "limited time offer".

You guys better hurry up and get your seasons tickets now, we might cap them soon and you would miss out!

jimmifli
04-23-2015, 03:31 PM
I seem to remember a certain Canadian on this board that insisted the Bills would be moved after Ralph died & they were sold.

If you don't think Bon Jovi and Roger Goddell tried to steal this team from Buffalo you weren't paying attention.

Ed
04-23-2015, 03:34 PM
This is great news. Maybe Buffalo isn't the hopeless dying market that so many people insist that it is. I think the most interesting part of this is that the luxury suites are almost sold out. That always seemed to be a big concern or criticism.

I don't like the idea of capping season ticket sales though. If a Bills fan wants to buy season tickets it just seems wrong to block them from doing so. This whole situation would have seemed laughable a few years ago.

SpikedLemonade
04-23-2015, 04:46 PM
From my economic studies, it would seem now is the time to raise prices with demand on the rise and supply limited.

No reason to have the lowest prices in the NFL.

DraftBoy
04-23-2015, 04:59 PM
If you don't think Bon Jovi and Roger Goddell tried to steal this team from Buffalo you weren't paying attention.

What actions from Goddell are you referring to?

justasportsfan
04-23-2015, 05:02 PM
Russ Brandon sucks. A team that's broken the record of non playoffs appearance breaking the season ticket sales of a team that made 4 straight super bowls?

BillsImpossible
04-23-2015, 05:16 PM
I think the idea to impose a cap on season tickets is pure propaganda to sell more season tickets!

better days
04-23-2015, 05:17 PM
What actions from Goddell are you referring to?

He is probably referring to Goodell having dinner with Bon Jovi during the time of the sale process.

better days
04-23-2015, 05:22 PM

A LAME attempt to steal the Bills from Buffalo.

But I said at the time, there were a NUMBER of RICH people in Buffalo that viewed the Bills as a cultural asset to the City & said they would not allow the team to be sold to outside interests.

But the funniest thing Spiked said was the Bills would have trouble selling tickets if the team was not moved out of Buffalo.

SpikedLemonade
04-23-2015, 06:10 PM
A LAME attempt to steal the Bills from Buffalo.

But I said at the time, there were a NUMBER of RICH people in Buffalo that viewed the Bills as a cultural asset to the City & said they would not allow the team to be sold to outside interests.

But the funniest thing Spiked said was the Bills would have trouble selling tickets if the team was not moved out of Buffalo.

That is not what I said.

I said that about corporate suites.

better days
04-23-2015, 06:15 PM
That is not what I said.

I said that about corporate suites.

Yes, you mentioned corporate suites, but you also said the individual seat ticket prices would be raised to the point the Bills would have a hard time selling tickets as well.

SpikedLemonade
04-23-2015, 06:20 PM
Yes, you mentioned corporate suites, but you also said the individual seat ticket prices would be raised to the point the Bills would have a hard time selling tickets as well.

Oh that is coming.

It has been only one season ticket renewal and with the seat reclassification they did they are just setting it up for future further price increases.

We are still in the honeymoon stage here.

If season ticket purchases did not increase immediately for a beloved local owner, that would have been shocking.

BillsImpossible
04-23-2015, 07:05 PM
Oh that is coming.

It has been only one season ticket renewal and with the seat reclassification they did they are just setting it up for future further price increases.

If season ticket purchases did not increase immediately for a beloved local owner, that would have been shocking.

If the Bills start winning, spending $100 on a ticket will be cheap in the next few years.

If the Bills go on another run, ticket prices are going to get crazy high.

Did you see how much people were paying to attend the Sabres last home game of the season against Pittsburgh?

Amplify that X 10.

better days
04-23-2015, 10:58 PM
Oh that is coming.

Bye the way, the Suites are about sold out as well.

And it is going to be a LONG Honeymoon.

YardRat
04-24-2015, 05:27 AM

That's a good one, I like it.