PDA

View Full Version : Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in

better days
04-23-2015, 03:06 PM
I posted before that I would not watch one minute of the draft this year.

But now profootballtalk.com has announced Jim Kelly will be announcing the Bills first pick in the draft, #50 in the 2nd rnd.

Now I have to watch to see Jim.

feldspar
04-23-2015, 04:27 PM
I posted before that I would not watch one minute of the draft this year.

But now profootballtalk.com has announced Jim Kelly will be announcing the Bills first pick in the draft, #50 in the 2nd rnd.

Now I have to watch to see Jim.

Why were you thinking of not watching any of the draft before?

I'll watch day two, and then either have day three on in the background or DVR it so I can start late and be able to fast forward. I'll probably DVR day one as well...so much BS, hype, and commercials that I need to cut through.

ESPN or NFL Network? That's the question.

Mace
04-23-2015, 05:05 PM
I honestly like watching the draft in any case, reading up on the prospects, lsitening to Mayock and crew, it's football ! It sounds stupid, but I still get a kick out of seeing athletes reaction when their name is called in their big moment.

better days
04-23-2015, 05:13 PM

I'll watch day two, and then either have day three on in the background or DVR it so I can start late and be able to fast forward. I'll probably DVR day one as well...so much BS, hype, and commercials that I need to cut through.

I am just mad about the 3 days they have dragged the draft into & starting on a Thursday night no less.

Today, with the apps on the phones, I will get an in depth report on the draft as it happens on my phone.

I used to DVR both the ESPN & NFL Network & watch every minute. I guess I will watch both on the 2nd rnd this year, at least up until after the Bills.

The Jokeman
04-23-2015, 10:34 PM

NFL Network > ESPN.

better days
04-23-2015, 10:47 PM
NFL Network > ESPN.

NFL Network used to be great, must see TV.

Not so much anymore.

NFL AM is a womans talk show.

HHURRICANE
04-24-2015, 02:33 AM
:drool2:Well if you waited til our pick to watch than you would have missed Watkins last year. When we trade all our picks in 2016 to get Mariota you won't want to miss it!!

Night Train
04-24-2015, 03:47 AM
I won't watch Thursday at all but will have a nice meal with my fellow season ticket holder, prior to the Friday session. Then out to the stadium Saturday for the party.

YardRat
04-24-2015, 05:30 AM
I love watching the draft.

Mr. Pink
04-24-2015, 05:55 AM
I'm going out to watch round 1 as per usual. I'll catch round 2 on my own.

And then whatever I see after that is up in the air.

better days
04-24-2015, 07:47 AM
:drool2:Well if you waited til our pick to watch than you would have missed Watkins last year. When we trade all our picks in 2016 to get Mariota you won't want to miss it!!

True, but I will get a message on my phone the minute anything goes down.

OLDSRIP
04-24-2015, 04:00 PM

I heard Mike Ditka is going to announce that.

The Jokeman
04-24-2015, 05:08 PM
NFL Network used to be great, must see TV.

Not so much anymore.

NFL AM is a womans talk show.

I was referencing for draft coverage.

justasportsfan
04-24-2015, 06:18 PM
Haven't followed the draft since we don't have a 1st rd.

sudzy
04-25-2015, 04:48 AM
The draft used to be one of the biggest days of the year for me, when it was on Saturday (and Sunday). Get together with friends, beer and wings. Good times. Now, it's on Thursday night. I have to get up at 4 am. It sucks. I'm boycotting the 1st round. The first one I've missed since the Shane Conlan draft. Screw the NFL.

swiper
04-25-2015, 08:04 AM
The draft used to be one of the biggest days of the year for me, when it was on Saturday (and Sunday). Get together with friends, beer and wings. Good times. Now, it's on Thursday night. I have to get up at 4 am. It sucks. I'm boycotting the 1st round. The first one I've missed since the Shane Conlan draft. Screw the NFL.

What suit(s) at the NFL don't get that people have to go to work on Friday? It's terrible

Zoneblitser
04-25-2015, 08:44 AM
Don't b so quick to blow off rd one. I have a feeling there is a big move on the way. Hearing rumors of a three team trade. What if we give up this year's draft for the # 1 or #2pick and trade it with the Chargers for Phillip Rivers?
How cool to have Jimbo announce that.

DetDannyWilliams
04-25-2015, 01:45 PM
NFL Network > ESPN.

:shakeno: give me Berman any day over Mayock and his lisp whenever he talks I just want to punch him right in the mouth so all his teeth fall out so I don't have to hear him

feldspar
04-25-2015, 08:09 PM
whenever he talks I just want to punch him right in the mouth so all his teeth fall out so I don't have to hear him

So am I to understand that you don't like him?

Mace
04-25-2015, 08:27 PM
So am I to understand that you don't like him?

Yeah, that one lost me. Mayock always has something relevant to say, and he's intense and serious enough where I never even realized he had a lisp for hearing the words and not how he said them.

Berman just talks decisively a lot without any decision, but plenty of mercy, Mayock gives you decisions, right or wrong, without mercy.

Too funny if anyone harps on him having a lisp.