PDA

View Full Version : How Many Carries Do You Think LeSean McCoy Will Avg. Per Game And Who's The #2 RB?

BillsImpossible
04-23-2015, 05:47 PM
Somewhere around 20 carries per game would be my guess.

Over the past two seasons, McCoy has carried the ball for an average of 19.5 carries per game.

http://www.nfl.com/player/leseanmccoy/79607/careerstats

Do you expect LeSean McCoy to get another 300+ attempts in 2015?

I'm not sure. He's a great back, but I don't want to run him in to the ground (or, 'until he pukes') either.

Who's the 2nd RB? Brown, Jackson, Dixon?

If McCoy gets injured, are any of the above running backs capable of carrying the ball 20 times a game?

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Bills draft a running back in round 2 or 3.

Ingtar33
04-23-2015, 05:54 PM
if he isn't touching the ball 25 times a game the OC should be fired. (i'm not talking about carries, i'm talking touches)

SpikedLemonade
04-23-2015, 06:28 PM
if he isn't touching the ball 25 times a game the OC should be fired. (i'm not talking about carries, i'm talking touches)

I agree.

BillsImpossible
04-23-2015, 06:39 PM
I agree.

I agree too. About 18-20 carries per game, and about 4-5 passing plays.

That's the easy part.

That is a lot of production to replace if McCoy goes down.

If McCoy goes down, who steps in?

BillsImpossible
04-23-2015, 07:15 PM
Jay Ajayi? (The, "J Train")

Little beastmode...

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VUQ4Xy-sVvE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Meathead
04-23-2015, 08:45 PM
even with an expected decline in his skills, shady has probably two prime seasons left. it will be interesting to see if they just try to use him up by giving him as many touches as possible and expect he will be done in a couple years, or try to prolong his usefulness by subbing him out more often than he has been up to this point. im guessing its more likely the former

still expecting freddie to get cut. everyone loves the guy but using a roster spot on a 34 yo rb just isnt wise. they will add somebody late in the draft or a udfa and move on. a platoon would be used if shady cant play

The Jokeman
04-23-2015, 10:28 PM
Jay Ajayi? (The, "J Train")

Little beastmode...

Jay was my pick before we traded for Shady, now that we have I don't focus on drafting a RB yet could see taking one with one of our 6 rounders. Maybe we take a guy like Akeem Hunt as he can pitch in as a return man and a guy who could be a change of pace/3rd down option guy in time.

The Jokeman
04-23-2015, 10:29 PM
I agree too. About 18-20 carries per game, and about 4-5 passing plays.

That's the easy part.

That is a lot of production to replace if McCoy goes down.

If McCoy goes down, who steps in?

Bryce Brown and Freddie getting more looks on 1st and 2nd down then he would with Shady around.

better days
04-23-2015, 11:13 PM
I think Freddie, Brown, Dixon & Harvin will all get some carries & there will be no real #2 back.

HHURRICANE
04-24-2015, 02:24 AM
I could see the Bills drafting a Running back. I don't see Fred Jackson or Bryce Brown on this team. Fred for the obvious and Bryce because I think Rex already has him pegged as a fumbler.

YardRat
04-24-2015, 04:43 AM
I'm still convinced Freddie will be #2 to start the season, even at 34 he's better than Brown and Dixon. Probably lose some touches as the year wears on.

Mr. Pink
04-24-2015, 05:56 AM
I'd assume Shady will get around 25 touches a game.

Fred around 5

And then Brown and Dixon who knows/who cares

This team doesn't need any more running backs.

The King
04-24-2015, 08:03 AM
This is Freds curtain call. He is still the 2nd best back on this team. People harp on potential, but the NFL is about results and Fred gets them. Even if he only gets 5 carries his ability to pass block is still the better than any other RB on this team. He will complete the season as a Bill.

McCoy should see between 16-22 carries a game and another 10 will be divy'd up between Freddy and Dixon. "What's his name" might not even make the team.

Pinkerton Security
04-24-2015, 08:03 AM
I'd assume Shady will get around 25 touches a game.

Fred around 5

And then Brown and Dixon who knows/who cares

This team doesn't need any more running backs.

Ill agree except I see freddie getting more like 10 - depending on the type of game, score, etc, but average around 10