PDA

View Full Version : The Bills Need At Least 2 More Offensive Tackles

BillsImpossible
04-23-2015, 06:34 PM
I think it was Tim Brown who made the point this morning on WGR.

The Bills only have 3 tackles on their roster as of today.

Henderson, Glenn, and Kouandjio.

The former 2nd round pick, Kouandjio didn't start a single game last year.

That leaves only Henderson and Glenn if Kouandjio moves to guard or gets cut.

The Bills can not and will not go in to the 2015 season with only 2 tackles on their roster.

If the Bills drafted two OT's in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, I would feel a lot better heading in to the 2015 season.

The Bills have a boatload of players that will be battling it out at guard, with no depth at tackle.

SpikedLemonade
04-23-2015, 06:36 PM
Or an OT and OG in the 2nd or 3rd round will do.

Cut Chris Williams.

BillsImpossible
04-23-2015, 06:51 PM
Or an OT and OG in the 2nd or 3rd round will do.

Cut Chris Williams.

What's more important, guard or tackle?

The Bills have a ton of competition at Guard.

William Campbell, Alex Kupper, D.J. Morrell, Darryl Johnson, Cyril Richardson, Craig Urbik, Chris Williams, and possibly Kouandjio.

7 or maybe 8 players will be fighting for 1 guard position!

Draft a guard?

I'd rather draft another tackle because the Bills only have 2.

Ginger Vitis
04-23-2015, 07:31 PM
If the Bills drafted two OT's in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, I would feel a lot better heading in to the 2015 season.

But a couple of weeks ago you said the Bills FO would be stupid if they did not a take RB in the 2nd or 3rd round.. And you also want Hundley or Grayson.. And you made a impassioned plea for a NT in the 2nd Round because the Bills Defense doesnt have a true Nosetackle.. And you're not happy with Duke Wlliams or Meeks or Rambo at safety so you want a safety in the 2nd round

Mace
04-23-2015, 07:45 PM
But a couple of weeks ago you said the Bills FO would be stupid if they did not a take RB in the 2nd or 3rd round.. And you also want Hundley or Grayson.. And you made a impassioned plea for a NT in the 2nd Round because the Bills Defense doesnt have a true Nosetackle.. And you're not happy with Duke Wlliams or Meeks or Rambo at safety so you want a safety in the 2nd round

Well, there's that, yes.

For the sake of thinking about it, I think they'll draft a guard/tackle tackle/guard (there's always a bunch of them) or have a mind to move some of those guards to tackle for utility. I don't think Kouandjio is going anywhere and I think you'll see him challenging Henderson for starter. I believe they think Glenn/Henderson/Koundjio will be the trio like they hope Richardson/Incognito/Urbik will be. Past the trios, some couple will make it as a utility linemen.

BillsImpossible
04-23-2015, 08:08 PM

My mind changes by the day. As of tonight, I think the Bills are going to draft a running back in the 3rd round and a tackle in the 2nd.

What tomorrow brings will likely be no different now that we are only 7 days away from the 2015 NFL Draft.

Whittle it down, Ginger.

Mace
04-23-2015, 08:11 PM
My mind changes by the day. As of tonight, I think the Bills are going to draft a running back in the 3rd round and a tackle in the 2nd.

What tomorrow brings will likely be no different now that we are only 7 days away from the 2015 NFL Draft.

Whittle it down, Ginger.

I'm still thinking safety 2nd, lineman 3rd, myself.

better days
04-23-2015, 10:53 PM

Whittle it down, Ginger.

I have been known to change my mind as well, & have been criticized for doing that.

But I get where you are coming from.

I think Whaley is going to draft the BPA & trust he will get the Bills at least a couple keepers.

HHURRICANE
04-24-2015, 02:29 AM
I think the Bills are going into the draft with several areas of concern...like every team
in the league.

I think the Bills are less worried about the line than we are. I think they are more worried about the secondary and QB.

Bill Cody
04-24-2015, 12:14 PM
Whittle it down, Ginger.

She could but my guess is there's not much to whittle

Ed
04-24-2015, 12:19 PM
They'll have to bring in some more bodies at OT to compete in camp, but Rex Ryan only kept 3 OT's when he was with the Jets, so Glenn, Henderson, and Kouandjio could end up being the only OT's on the final roster. I don't see Kouandjio moving to OG.

casdhf
04-24-2015, 12:25 PM
Wasn't Williams drafted as a tackle?

justasportsfan
04-24-2015, 12:43 PM

what makes you think all of that wont happen for the bills in the 2nd round

justasportsfan
04-24-2015, 12:44 PM
My mind changes by the day.

and every time you do, you start a thread. You should be allowed to start 1 thread a week.

BertSquirtgum
04-24-2015, 12:57 PM
Much more important needs than tackle. Such as guard/center and safety.

swiper
04-24-2015, 01:20 PM
and every time you do, you start a thread. You should be allowed to start 1 thread a week.

Best post ever.

X-Era
04-24-2015, 07:34 PM
I think it was Tim Brown who made the point this morning on WGR.

The Bills only have 3 tackles on their roster as of today.

Henderson, Glenn, and Kouandjio.

The former 2nd round pick, Kouandjio didn't start a single game last year.

That leaves only Henderson and Glenn if Kouandjio moves to guard or gets cut.

The Bills can not and will not go in to the 2015 season with only 2 tackles on their roster.

The Bills have a boatload of players that will be battling it out at guard, with no depth at tackle.8 or 9 OL will likely be kept. I could see drafting a OT but we easily could skip it. Henderson, Glenn, and a swing who could be Kujo could be all we keep.

BillsImpossible
04-24-2015, 09:27 PM

Yes! I start threads! Ones that are more interesting than yours.

Sorry for having a brain with individual thoughts, Chairman Mao.

I should just stick to your own collectivist thinking and be as equally boring as you are.

Mace
04-24-2015, 10:23 PM
Yeah yanno, I'm fine with anyone having anything to say, no matter their intent. So many people spend time posting aggravation about posts, mostly because they have some aggravation to post about and want to. They have something to say.

"Doctor doctor, it hurts when I do this..."......"then don't do that."

Or hell yeah, do it anyway.

BertSquirtgum
04-24-2015, 10:52 PM
Yes! I start threads! Ones that are more interesting than yours.

Sorry for having a brain with individual thoughts, Chairman Mao.

I should just stick to your own collectivist thinking and be as equally boring as you are.

Ho chi minh.

alohabillsfan
04-25-2015, 04:19 AM
My thought is they go line backer in the second! It apears to be the weakest part of the team for starters and depth imo ofcourse I have no idea how Rex will employ them, I'd feel better with spikes back in the middle!