PDA

View Full Version : Opinion: Robert Griffin III to the Bills for EJ Manuel and change...

HHURRICANE
04-28-2015, 06:22 AM
Trying not to get your hopes up:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000488252/article/six-draft-trades-wed-love-to-see

Robert Griffin III to the Bills for EJ Manuel and change

To repeat: This column is about what we'd love to see, and we readily admit this isn't going to happen. But wouldn't it be great? Robert Griffin's latest comments are a reminder of how poisoned the atmosphere in Washington has become. The coaching staff and management may not be on the same page with RGIII, which is not a healthy situation for anyone. Anyone that loved watching Griffin play as a rookie wants to see him get a true second chance. It's hard to imagine that happening in Washington.

While we acknowledge this trade is more than unlikely, it makes plenty of sense. The Bills have a creative offensive coordinator in Greg Roman that has a history with Colin Kaepernick, a similar quarterback, in San Francisco. Griffin could compete to start with Matt Cassel and try to prove he's a long-term option. The Redskins would be better off just starting fresh with a quarterback that coach Jay Gruden actually wants like Kirk Cousins. Manuel would give Gruden another option to compete. If we've learned anything about the Grudens at the NFL level, they usually don't stick with one starting quarterback for long. -- Gregg Rosenthal

Topas
04-28-2015, 06:27 AM
I do not know if it is possible to evaluate completely different QBs during camp. Cassel is the standard pocket passer (IIRC). And EJ and also RGIII are running QBs. I know that is stereotype thinking but nonetheless it is true. The O will look completely different depending who the starter becomes. Now that means, that in order to evaluate them you need to implement different styles on O during camp. And I dont like doing that, especially since I hope we have a decision about the starter THE LATEST after the 3rd pre-season game. At best earlier. Lets see.

Joe Fo Sho
04-28-2015, 06:37 AM
I feel like that's a bad trade for both teams.

I don't want RGIII. As much fun as it is to say that a 'second chance' will do him good, he still has to prove that he doesn't suck anymore.

HHURRICANE
04-28-2015, 06:41 AM
I do not know if it is possible to evaluate completely different QBs during camp. Cassel is the standard pocket passer (IIRC). And EJ and also RGIII are running QBs. I know that is stereotype thinking but nonetheless it is true. The O will look completely different depending who the starter becomes. Now that means, that in order to evaluate them you need to implement different styles on O during camp. And I dont like doing that, especially since I hope we have a decision about the starter THE LATEST after the 3rd pre-season game. At best earlier. Lets see.

I think the Falcons started with a conventional offense and Michael Vick worked in that offense. It wasn't until a few seasons later when the oline started missing assignments because Vick was never where they thought he'd be.

trapezeus
04-28-2015, 06:52 AM
DC is a lot further in its souring on RGIII than the bills are on their souring of EJ.

RGIII fell off a cliff. EJ is a .500 qb with some terrible games and some games of promise.

DC also picked up RGIII's option yesterday for 15MM. Sooooooo, unless there is some cap room we didn't hear about. this is dead in the water.

Night Train
04-28-2015, 07:01 AM
I'd love to see Aaron Rodgers for Jordon Gay.

Mr. Miyagi
04-28-2015, 08:33 AM
RG3 sucks. EJ needed to polish up but he will be better than RG3 in hindsight.

Mr. Pink
04-28-2015, 08:35 AM

:rofl:

RGIII will still be starting in the NFL when EJ is no longer in the league.

better days
04-28-2015, 08:41 AM
:rofl:

RGIII will still be starting in the NFL when EJ is no longer in the league.

LMAO at that. RGIII won't be starting anymore by game 8 this year.

justasportsfan
04-28-2015, 08:42 AM

Rg3 at least was a one year wonder.

better days
04-28-2015, 08:46 AM

Yeah, Snyder & the Skins can hang their hat on that.

But they gave up an awful lot for that one year.

And the Bills traded back & got Kiko which they traded for Shady when they drafted EJ.

I think everyone has to agree that is a MUCH BETTER deal.

Joe Fo Sho
04-28-2015, 08:48 AM

He almost lasted the whole year, too.

Skooby
04-28-2015, 08:51 AM
A few years ago, I would of loved to have RGIII. Now I'm left wondering will this guy stay healthy & perform at an NFL level ?? I personally think we don't have an NFL QB right now, just a group of question marks that hope to get a chance to play. We could actually make huge noise this season if we had a real QB, which is why I hope they do something amazing (like they did trading Kiko for Shady, wow).

Bill Cody
04-28-2015, 09:59 AM
When RG3 came into the league defenses geared up to stop him from running and he had guys standing in wheat fields they were so open. When he came back he wasn't the same runner and so teams played him more straight up. RG3 wasn't accurate enough to succeed and he had huge problems reading defenses quickly enough. Now he's basically EJ with a bigger salary and a worse attitude. Pass.

Meathead
04-28-2015, 10:03 AM
yeah i would say no to an ej/iii straight up deal myself. dont want him

better days
04-28-2015, 10:12 AM
When RG3 came into the league defenses geared up to stop him from running and he had guys standing in wheat fields they were so open. When he came back he wasn't the same runner and so teams played him more straight up. RG3 wasn't accurate enough to succeed and he had huge problems reading defenses quickly enough. Now he's basically EJ with a bigger salary and a worse attitude. Pass.

RGIII is set to earn $16.2 Mill next year which is guaranteed for injury only.

Profootball talk is speculating if RGIII does not play well from the get go, the Skins will bench him to keep him from getting injured & having to pay out that $16.2 Mill.

WagonCircler
04-28-2015, 10:12 AM
I'd love to see Aaron Rodgers for Jordon Gay.

I nominate this for post of the year.

BertSquirtgum
04-28-2015, 11:20 AM
They both suck and I would rather have EJ. His arrogance isn't up in the clouds.

Mace
04-28-2015, 07:45 PM
Shanahan's broke Griffin ridiculously, Manuel is at least only dented atm.

Running Griffin out there on that wobbly knee was about the dumbest head coaching thing I'd ever seen (and don't even waste my time blowing hot air if you weren't watching it) and Shanahans need to own it, not Griffin (who wasn't about to say take me out coach, I'm done, like you'd ever want your QB to). Manuel, well, running him out there for whatever reason, well I don't have a clue what will happen but it's not going to dork up a career and a franchise for the sake of useless NFL big name posers.

Grab the shattered Griffin, nah. Keep the dented Manuel. At the least we'll only see the obvious not the tragic.

Bill Cody
04-29-2015, 11:55 AM
RGIII is set to earn $16.2 Mill next year which is guaranteed for injury only.

Profootball talk is speculating if RGIII does not play well from the get go, the Skins will bench him to keep him from getting injured & having to pay out that $16.2 Mill.

I'm not rooting against RG3 but I just don't like his game. Figure 4 games and then Colt McCoy takes over. McCoy is a guy I root for, he's the underdog. Not a great arm, not physically imposing, but he's got a spark, Doug Flutie II.

WagonCircler
04-29-2015, 12:11 PM
Shanahan's broke Griffin ridiculously, Manuel is at least only dented atm..

Griffin was a Porsche. Worth a shot at fixing.

Manuel is a rusted out 1970 AMC Pacer. Time for the scrap heap, next to the Trent Edwards 1968 Ford Falcon.

sukie
04-29-2015, 12:14 PM

Manuel is a rusted out 1970 AMC Pacer. Time for the scrap heap, next to the Trent Edwards 1968 Ford Falcon.

pacer is a bit much... maybe a 1982 Chevy Cavalier

better days
04-29-2015, 12:34 PM

I would say Griffin was more like a Chevy Corvair convertable than a Porsche.

A cool body design with poorly designed mechanics.